W.I.T.C.H.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to W.I.T.C.H.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Guardians and Motherhood, A serious question
Alex Wuya 85
Posted: 25 May 2012 07:56

Comic Reader

Group: Members
Member No.: 670

Do you think that any of the Guardians would chose to step down from her task after learning that she is pregnant?

And if you were in such a position, what would be your choice and why?

This thought has been lingering in my head for the last few days, and honestly, there is a lot that I don't know about Yan Lin's time as a Guardian besides what we've seen in the Nerissa arch.

(If the topic has ever been discussed in the series already, please let me know what issues I should look at)

*Also: If this is in the wrong section of the forums, can it be moved and can I get a PM indicating that it's been moved?*

This post has been edited by Alex Wuya 85 on 25 May 2012 07:59

--------------------
I wish I'd stop putting my foot in my mouth; I hate the taste of shoes
Daleron
Posted: 25 May 2012 08:30

Comic Fan

Member No.: 886

Hi, Alex!

In this issue, the girls saw their probable pasts and futures in the Chamber of Spirits in Kandrakar.
But they had no discussion about motherhood like you mentioned.

Then, I don't think this topic should be in Offtopic title. It should be in General Witch Talk.
Maybe someone can move it.
Alex Wuya 85
Posted: 25 May 2012 08:42

Comic Reader

It's been a while since I read that issue, but I don't think the topic of motherhood was mentioned.

I agree: this topic should be in the General Witch Talk section.

I've been working two jobs for the last week and my concentation isn't at it's best

--------------------
MAX9075
Posted: 25 May 2012 17:07

Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Topic moved.

I think your answer lies at the age of Yan Lin when she stopped.
dragon78
Posted: 26 May 2012 13:49

feline forum warrior

Member No.: 145

They might take a break but I doubt they will give it up permently. They have become much more powerful then past gaurdians, they have the elements inside them now instead of in Kandrakar. They might pass there abilities to there children though, so who knows.
irmalover
Posted: 30 May 2012 06:47

Comic Scanner

Member No.: 9

It could be that one of them resigns when she gets pregnant, but I doubt that too, and for the same reason. Indeed, they won't live forever, but since they are the most powerful Guardians in the entire history of the universe itself they will stay. Most of all, it's been a while since they often act completely independent from Kandrakar.

This post has been edited by irmalover on 30 May 2012 06:49

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
"In my next life I don't want to come back as a box filled with bananas."
(Spoken by Will in the first Irma adventure book)
My DeviantArt
My Facebook page
ivan_georgiev
Posted: 30 May 2012 08:42

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,383

QUOTE (MAX9075 @ 25 May 2012 17:07)
I think your answer lies at the age of Yan Lin when she stopped.

CHYKN team has disintegrated after Nerissa's betrayal, because after that Kadma and Halinor accused the Oracle for Cassidy's death and they are expelled from Kandrakar. So Yan Lin has not ceased to be a guardian because she was pregnant. Moreover Oracle says that the Guardians always were five.

I don't know whether WITCH would refuse to be Guardians when pregnant, but I don't want that to happen yet - I want to they grow but not become pregnant. But when this happens, their children will probably have magical powers, as Will's brother.

This post has been edited by ivan_georgiev on 30 May 2012 08:43

--------------------
MoonCloud217
Posted: 30 May 2012 10:29

Comic Scanner

Group: Mod
Member No.: 3

I find this topic interesting. But I can't really come up with anything to say about it. LOL. sorry.

--------------------
tumblrheart ittwitterblogwitch rpg youtubefacebookKHDownloads
user posted image
Alex Wuya 85
Posted: 30 May 2012 10:37

Comic Reader

Yeah, now that you guys mention it, a temporary leave of absense does seems more likely, and now that I think about it, flat out stepping down would probably just have too many unfortunate implications to it.

The idea of the members of WITCH getting the oppurtunity to retire from the role as Guardians at an older age does have a much stronger appeal to it.

And for some reason, I keep thinking about how idiotic someone would have to be to threaten a Guardian's offspring, especially right in front of her.

--------------------
LoopyLor
Posted: 30 May 2012 18:13

come a long way

Member No.: 8

If the guardians were mothers as well, it would be lot to do. As adults, they would have to save the universe, be a parent and have a job.

To do all of that, they would need to use the sands of time artefact to give them more time in the day. tongue.gif

It wouldn't be practical for them to have kids. They struggle to balance being a teenager with being a guardian, so how would they manage with a child? Plus, as mentioned before, the child would be a target for villains.
Alex Wuya 85
Posted: 31 May 2012 07:52

Comic Reader

QUOTE (LoopyLor @ 30 May 2012 18:13)
If the guardians were mothers as well, it would be lot to do. As adults, they would have to save the universe, be a parent and have a job.

To do all of that, they would need to use the sands of time artefact to give them more time in the day. tongue.gif

It wouldn't be practical for them to have kids. They struggle to balance being a teenager with being a guardian, so how would they manage with a child? Plus, as mentioned before, the child would be a target for villains.

Actually, when I brought up the motherhood issue, I should have been more specific, as I was talking in terms of them starting a family well into their adult years. Plus, I don't see them all having kids around the same time.

Honestly, I'm amoung those who feel that having kids before you are 30 is too soon, and that's if you have your life in order by then.

Yes, I understand raising a family would be another huge task to handle in addition to the enormous responsibilities to being the defenders of the universe, but at least the Guardians have the possibility of controlling the passage of time; most parents I know in real life would break down into hysteric tears of joy if they could aquire such power.

There's the Guardians someday gaining allies who help protect their families. I know that if I were charged with the same tasks, I'd want to at least reduce the chances of my loved ones getting caught in the crossfire.

--------------------
MoonCloud217
Posted: 31 May 2012 20:57

Comic Scanner

QUOTE (Alex Wuya 85 @ 31 May 2012 08:52)
Honestly, I'm amoung those who feel that having kids before you are 30 is too soon, and that's if you have your life in order by then.

same here! luckily, I'll be 30 soon tongue.gif LOL

--------------------
user posted image
Alex Wuya 85
Posted: 2 June 2012 09:09

Comic Reader

QUOTE (MoonCloud217 @ 31 May 2012 20:57)
same here! luckily, I'll be 30 soon tongue.gif LOL

Ever since I turned 27, my folks have been giving not so subtle hints that they want more grandkids (my sister has only 1 son and he'll be finishing high school soon).

sad.gif

--------------------
LoopyLor
Posted: 2 June 2012 16:34

come a long way

I don't get why parents pressure their children to reproduce just so they can have grandchildren. It's selfish.

Imagine telling your child you only had him/ her because of pressure from family. That can't be nice to hear.

Having a child should take a lot of thought. They cost a lot of money, time and energy. It's not fair to the child if the parents did not really want it, or were not able to provide for it.

RedRoses
Posted: 8 June 2012 18:09

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,325

I don't really know what could happen if one of the guardians wanted a child. But you can also think about it differently. They're not going to be guardians forever, they're going to grow to old one day or there will be other, stronger and younger, girls who could replace them.

--------------------
Five hearts as one
Guardians Unite!
MoonCloud217
Posted: 10 June 2012 13:33

Comic Scanner

QUOTE (LoopyLor @ 2 June 2012 17:34)
I don't get why parents pressure their children to reproduce just so they can have grandchildren. It's selfish.

Imagine telling your child you only had him/ her because of pressure from family. That can't be nice to hear.

Having a child should take a lot of thought. They cost a lot of money, time and energy. It's not fair to the child if the parents did not really want it, or were not able to provide for it.

agreed! my dad does that although I know he's not really selfish ...

lately, there are also pressure from friends who have kids,
each time we meet them, they're like "so, no kids on the way yet?"
I know they mean no harm, but still ... sleeping.gif

--------------------
user posted image
LoopyLor
Posted: 10 June 2012 14:13

come a long way

Besides, one moment my friends say how amazing having a baby is in public, next moment they are crying on the phone wanting to run away and can't deal with the baby and wish they never had it, and felt they were lied to by other mothers.

I don't get it blink.gif

Cordelia
Posted: 2 March 2013 15:06

Comic Fan

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE (Daleron @ 25 May 2012 08:30)
Hi, Alex!

In this issue, the girls saw their probable pasts and futures in the Chamber of Spirits in Kandrakar.
But they had no discussion about motherhood like you mentioned.

Then, I don't think this topic should be in Offtopic title. It should be in General Witch Talk.
Maybe someone can move it.

Weird thing:
As I start reading that issue and when I come to the part where they see their future, "secrets" by One Republic starts playing ... The lyrics ohmy.gif

--------------------
W.I.T.C.H. is a part of me, and no matter how hard you try - you will never be able to take it away from me.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

counter offline
Pageviews since 4-4-2010 | More stats

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1257 seconds | Archive