W.I.T.C.H.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to W.I.T.C.H.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (99) « First ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

TV shows & Movies, discussions and recommendations
Magix
Posted: 8 May 2012 17:00

Comic Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 502

Watched the Avengers last Saturday. Awesome movie! biggrin.gif
I agree with Kount smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
KountSarpadeon
Posted: 12 May 2012 00:58

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,008

@Witchlover Glad to see other Whedon fans exist. biggrin.gif

Anyway, saw "The Cabin in the Woods" and by the GODS is this one made out of pure awesome. A friend and her boyfriend had told me that "it begins, the rest is pure awesomeness followed by even more awesomeness." And guess what? They were right.

--------------------
Take the crippled mind next door - what do you think this room is for?

user posted image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
dragon78
Posted: 12 May 2012 19:22

feline forum warrior

Member No.: 145

Saw Dark Shadows last night and loved it.
Witchlover
Posted: 12 May 2012 23:04

Comic editor

Member No.: 14

Cabin in the Woods is by Whedon too (co-wrote and produced it). He is in total control of the box office right now lol.

Avengers= AMAZINGLY AWESOME EPIC MOVIE!!! I saw it with my boyfriend and his niece (who was so cute in her Thor outfit my boyfriend made her) and I loved it! It had great dialogue, the character development was deep, the action was fun, and the movie was just so hilarious. Definitely deserves top praise.

--------------------
user posted image
Witchlover
Posted: 14 May 2012 04:31

Comic editor

The season finale of Once Upon a Time was AMAZING! If you love fairy tales, whether the true versions or Disney, you will love this show. I'm so sad I have to wait for season 2

--------------------
user posted image
Tekira
Posted: 14 May 2012 10:54

going up, going down?

Group: Mod
Member No.: 318

QUOTE (Witchlover @ 14 May 2012 05:31)
The season finale of Once Upon a Time was AMAZING! If you love fairy tales, whether the true versions or Disney, you will love this show. I'm so sad I have to wait for season 2

You make me curious! I'm going to look for it on the internet smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Facebook * Hot Cute Girly Geek * 3DS: 107507154451
KountSarpadeon
Posted: 26 May 2012 04:34

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,008

Last saw "The Loved Ones" an Australian thriller. I thought it was gonna be a run-of-the-mill, typical "dude gets tortured in gruesome ways" flick, but I found it surprisingly tense and very beautifully visceral. The amount of stuff the main victim goes through is unebelievable, and the moment the monsters get their come uppance is cheer-worthy. It's simply that good - I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who don't like to see bodily harm inflicted on people for pure pleasure, though.

Next up, who knows?

--------------------
Take the crippled mind next door - what do you think this room is for?

user posted image
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
dragon78
Posted: 10 June 2012 12:49

feline forum warrior

So what have you seen and did you like it...

Avengers?

Dark Sadows?

Men in Black 3?

Prometheus?

Madagascar 3?
MoonCloud217
Posted: 10 June 2012 13:17

Comic Scanner

Member No.: 3

none of them tongue.gif

we're thinking about Journey to the center of the earth 2.

--------------------
tumblrheart ittwitterblogwitch rpg youtubefacebookKHDownloads
user posted image
LittleRaven
Posted: 10 June 2012 19:32

Comic Fan

Member No.: 483

Saw Snow White and the Huntsman last Sunday. It wasn't as good as I hoped, but it wasn't terrible (at least not by my expectations for movies, especially fantasy movies). For one thing, the tone of fairytaleness and myth was kept and maintained throughout the movie due to the visuals. Normally I'm not a special effects person, but I did love them this time because they set the mood perfectly.

I wish the characters and backstory had been more fleshed out, especially because it would deflect attention from some of the things pointed out by people who think it's bad (who think it's copying Lord of the Rings too much).

As it is, it did evoke its own world for me, but simultaneously feels like a collection of tropes, though they aren't used badly - a special female hero, but for good reason (except for the purity thing, but it isn't sexual purity or 'never kill a person purity,' which I appreciate), the land going bad when the wrong ruler is there, the combination of fairytale heroine and mythological hero that creatures and the land itself recognize, among other things.
Witchlover
Posted: 10 June 2012 21:44

Comic editor

I agree with LittleRaven about Snow White and the Huntsman. I didn't walk away thinking it was bad, but it wasn't amazing. The plot felt pretty choppy to me at points, and certain actors really didn't help (cough cough). The huntsman and queen were amazing though. The dark fairytale element and different vision of the story is what was really cool.

The Avengers. Best movie of the year. Nough' said. You should at least know some things from Thor, the Iron Mans, and Captain America though. It may be slightly confusing if you haven't watched those or read up on summaries, but I think even people who haven't can figure it out when watching the movie.

I liked Men in Black 3. It was better than the second one to me, and it really made a nice circle between the trilogy. There was a plot point that was a lot deeper and more serious than I thought, and I really liked that. That plot nearly made me cry. Although it was corny a lot of times (to be expected) it still had its funny moments and was a good movie. I'm one of those people who feels she has to see the last movie if the first ones have been seen, and I'm glad I did.

Haven't seen Madagascar 3, but I really want to. Prometheus also is looking pretty good. My entire family hated Dark Shadows without words to express how much, so I decided I wasn't going to chance watching that lol.

--------------------
user posted image
dragon78
Posted: 11 June 2012 19:04

feline forum warrior

I saw Madagascar 3 last night and liked it a lot, in fact maybe even better then the first two.

All the other movies I mentioned before I liked and saw before I asked what other people thought.

Well what movies are currently showing in your theatres Mooncloud? Same question to everyone else who isn't living in the US.

This post has been edited by dragon78 on 11 June 2012 19:06
LoopyLor
Posted: 11 June 2012 22:31

come a long way

Member No.: 8

In the UK, we have Avengers, Dark Shadows, Promethius is soon....those are the main ones I know about and have seen.
Tekira
Posted: 14 June 2012 23:40

going up, going down?

I saw Darkshadows, Man in Black III and Snow White and the Huntsman. Did anyone else notice the Princess Mononoke scene in Snow White?

And I agree with your opinions about Snow White. Athough I didn't think Stewards acting was bad, it was her role which was badly written. The first half of the movie, she doesn't do much, and in the end she is suddenly a leader in war? And what's so special about her that 2 guys fall in love with her and she is the chosen one? But than again, all other roles were REALLY good. But what annoys me too is the backstory of the queen. It's obvious she does have a backstory and a motive, but what? They don't give you enough information to really understand what happened to her. It's almost like the forced a motive upon her, but the writers themselves didn't really know what that is either.

And I'm watching the first 3 alien movies before I go to Prometheus. My boyfriend already saw it and he told me it's more fun when you're familiar with the Alien movies. I only have to watch part 3 now!

Big movies in cinemas in the Netherlands now are the Avengers, MIBIII, Snow White and the Huntsman, Dark Shadows and Prometheus.

This post has been edited by Tekira on 14 June 2012 23:49

--------------------
user posted image
RedRoses
Posted: 19 June 2012 19:22

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,325

Well, I saw MIB3 this weekend and I loved it.
But I have a question. I live in the netherlands, which is region 2, and I searched everywhere for this show I want to watch, but i can't find it. And now I want to buy it online, but it says region 1 only, which is US and Canada. That would mean I can't watch in with my dvd player, right? But is there a possibility I can watch it on my laptop? Or do I have to ask this questions to someone who works in a computer shop, just to be absolutely sure?

This post has been edited by RedRoses on 19 June 2012 19:23

--------------------
Five hearts as one
Guardians Unite!
Witchlover
Posted: 20 June 2012 06:07

Comic editor

Yeah I think I want to rewatch the Alien movies. I haven't seen those since I was a kid.

I'm going to try to see Madagascar 3 in the next couple of days if I can. Can't wait to watch Brave with my boyfriend's family on Friday!

--------------------
user posted image
Tekira
Posted: 21 June 2012 00:01

going up, going down?

QUOTE (RedRoses @ 19 June 2012 20:22)
But I have a question. I live in the netherlands, which is region 2, and I searched everywhere for this show I want to watch, but i can't find it. And now I want to buy it online, but it says region 1 only, which is US and Canada. That would mean I can't watch in with my dvd player, right? But is there a possibility I can watch it on my laptop? Or do I have to ask this questions to someone who works in a computer shop, just to be absolutely sure?

As far as I know, DVD-player won't take those, but the Xbox360 does. I don't know about laptops. But I'm not 100% sure, so please check!

--------------------
user posted image
Witchlover
Posted: 22 June 2012 04:20

Comic editor

I liked Madagascar 3. It was kind of ridiculous in some ways but it still made me laugh a lot. My spoiler free review of Brave will come tomorrow or the next day.

--------------------
user posted image
dragon78
Posted: 23 June 2012 04:37

feline forum warrior

I saw Brave and loved it, already would like to see a sequal since this one could easily have more done with it.
Tekira
Posted: 23 June 2012 12:31

going up, going down?

Can't wait for the release of Brave in the Netherlands!

--------------------
user posted image
dragon78
Posted: 23 June 2012 15:39

feline forum warrior

When is the release date for Brave in the Netherlands?
Tekira
Posted: 23 June 2012 16:12

going up, going down?

18 july T.T

--------------------
user posted image
Witchlover
Posted: 23 June 2012 20:51

Comic editor

I loved Brave too! I definitely could see a sequel

Next up is Ice Age 4. I love animated movies haha. Looking forward to Despicable Me 2 next year smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
RedRoses
Posted: 24 June 2012 11:19

Comic Fan

Member No.: 1,325

QUOTE (Tekira @ 21 June 2012 00:01)
QUOTE (RedRoses @ 19 June 2012 20:22)

As far as I know, DVD-player won't take those, but the Xbox360 does. I don't know about laptops. But I'm not 100% sure, so please check!

Well, my brother has an Xbox, but I'm sure hè won't let me on it.
Me and my dad found something on internet, where you rip the dvd and then use dvdbreaker and then you can put it i your harddrive. I'm going to order one and then we'll try and otherwise I haar to ask my brother very kindly smile.gif

--------------------
Five hearts as one
Guardians Unite!
SpellBinder
Posted: 27 June 2012 19:35

Comic Fan

Member No.: 524

QUOTE (RedRoses @ 19 June 2012 12:22)

Most all DVD players are set to a specific region, and computer DVD drives actually have the option to set or change the region they will play for. But there's a catch as you can only change a DVD-ROM's region setting so many times (typically five) before it's locked forever. You might be able to find a DVD player program out on the net that bypasses the region checks, but I don't expect it'll be easy. If I recall correctly it was a guy in the Netherlands who actually made such a program, and subsequently got sued by the MPAA for copyright infringement or something because of it.

I can't say about the X-Box as I don't have or use one.

--------------------
user posted image
My Deviant Art page (now with W.I.T.C.H. related art!) : FanFiction
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (99) « First ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... Last »

counter offline
Pageviews since 4-4-2010 | More stats

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1452 seconds | Archive