W.I.T.C.H.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to W.I.T.C.H.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  ( Go to first unread post )

How old are the witches now?, also other characters...
SpellBinder
Posted: 26 August 2009 21:31

Comic Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 524

That's part of the difficulty I found with the sixth arc (Ragnorang). It's like they jumped from early November in issues 070 & 071, but then to early or mid March at least in issue 072. Still not too sure on the passage of time, having done a little research on sea turtles (ref issue 073); about 6.5 months, I think.

New Power seems easier, but rather spread out for the passage of time (current estimate's 12 months). Unless there's something out there to say otherwise, my current guestimate has William as a Virgo (earth element). Most of my energy is being directed at Ragnorang, though. No idea how long this'll take me, but the first five arcs feel like they were a heck of a lot easier than the last two.

--------------------
user posted image
My Deviant Art page (now with W.I.T.C.H. related art!) : FanFiction
haylinlover5
Posted: 30 August 2009 17:53

Comic Fan

Member No.: 575

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ 26 August 2009 21:31)

No idea how long this'll take me, but the first five arcs feel like they were a heck of a lot easier than the last two.

I know the first 5 arcs were easier.
But my guess for how old the girls are is
Cornelia is the oldest like around 17. corns.gif
Will is probably 16. wills.gif
Irma is 15 I guess laugh.gif irmas.gif
Hay Lin might be 16 too. hayys.gif
And Taranee I think is 15. taras.gif Its kind of hard to guess their age. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
IrenaEarth
Posted: 30 August 2009 20:58

Comic Fan

Member No.: 107

And again, Cornelia and Will are the same age, and Hay Lin, Irma and Taranee, one year younger.

--------------------
user posted image
haylinlover5
Posted: 30 August 2009 22:23

Comic Fan

Member No.: 575

QUOTE (IrenaEarth @ 30 August 2009 20:58)
And again, Cornelia and Will are the same age, and Hay Lin, Irma and Taranee, one year younger.

Oh thanx wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
TheLightOfMeridian
Posted: 29 March 2012 21:02

Comic Reader

Member No.: 1,885

they are getting older all the time, for me it's like it's been about 4 years since the beginning in WITCH time. In one issue Taranee became the couch in Jensen's Dancing Academy - it would mean she's at least 16 or 17.

--------------------
user posted image
SpellBinder
Posted: 30 March 2012 22:34

Comic Fan

I'm going to have to go through and re-read the series and double check my timeline. At issue 048, where Taranee tries out for Jensen's, I currently have her noted as 15.

After the 6th arc things get.... chunky... in trying to figure how much time is passing within and between the issues.

--------------------
user posted image
galistar07water
Posted: 31 March 2012 00:08

come a long way

Member No.: 196

Time continues to pass but the characters no longer age since the 4-5th saga.

--------------------
user posted image
W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission
My DeviantArt Page W.I.T.C.H. Dreams of Lusteria
IrmaLair1998
Posted: 31 March 2012 00:13

Comic Reader

Member No.: 1,532

QUOTE (galistar07water @ 31 March 2012 00:08)
Time continues to pass but the characters no longer age since the 4-5th saga.

So, they stop ageing at 15 or 16, I don't know how old they are sorry. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'm creepy and a ginger. Therefore....... I'M A CREEPIN GINGER!!!
SpellBinder
Posted: 31 March 2012 02:22

Comic Fan

If time properly continued, my current notes puts the girls at 19 to 20. Certainly too old for high school for Will & Cornelia (mind I was 19 when I graduated high school).

--------------------
user posted image
TheLightOfMeridian
Posted: 1 April 2012 02:21

Comic Reader

they made the Guardians not growing old, because right now there is so many kids aged 6-9 reading the magazine and they wouldn't be interested in it if the girls were 20 years old...

--------------------
user posted image
LoopyLor
Posted: 1 April 2012 03:32

come a long way

Member No.: 8

That's true. It's a shame because I would like to see the girls older and taking on more responsibility in their personal lives.

But, they need to be teenagers forever because witch is sold as a teen comic.
TheLightOfMeridian
Posted: 1 April 2012 14:48

Comic Reader

QUOTE (LoopyLor @ 1 April 2012 03:32)
But, they need to be teenagers forever because witch is sold as a teen comic.

probably...but there are so many 'teen books' where characters are 24 or something...I think they could be at least 24-25, but th biggest problem is still the thing that kids wouldn't be so interested in it as we are. Pity.

--------------------
user posted image
Magix
Posted: 1 April 2012 16:07

Comic Fan

Member No.: 502

I think the girls are about 17-18 years of age, but this is without taking any small details in to consideration, just an estimate smile.gif
It would be OK if they were that age - the Bratz and stuff are like 16 years old and I think children particularly like that aspect because they think they're reading cool, grown up stuff xd_smiley.gif
I see your point, LoopyLor - the girls will always have to remain in that age for the sake of the targeted audience.

--------------------
user posted image
Ameyal
Posted: 3 April 2012 02:04

Comic Fan

Member No.: 732

Hay Lin, at the very least, is 15, so at least 2 years have passed in-story

EVidence:
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/w.../w11035e217.jpg
Joan: This is a Kimnono for ceremonies... My family gave it to me when I was your age.

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt138/w.../w11036e217.jpg
Joan: My parents gave it to me as a present for my fifteenth birthday

Ergo, Hay Lin is 15
LittleRaven
Posted: 3 April 2012 06:04

Comic Fan

Member No.: 483

It is as I said somewhere in this forum: they have entered the Babysitter's Club vortex. For those who don't know, that was a popular children's book series centering around a group of middle school girls. They were always repeating the sixth and/or seventh grade, with I don't know how many Christmases, summers, etcetera. Until they decided to end it with a short series of them being in eighth grade and graduating.

I don't have a timeline, but I thought they were 14-15 by the fourth arc, because somewhere Phobos says how long he's been imprisoned and it was two years according to what I remembered.
SpellBinder
Posted: 3 April 2012 07:08

Comic Fan

There were cards released back in 2004 detailing the girls' ages and a few other things, which I've been told was their ages at the start of the series. Considering the information on them I have been starting to think that it's later in the series and not the start.

As for the pages from issue 110, do realize that when us old farts talk about "your age", we're not being precise in exactly how old. There's a margin of error of a few years either way.

As for your guess in their ages, LittleRaven, my own info does put things at almost two years passing; based on past info they're at the 15/16 age range. Also don't forget that time doesn't pass at the same speed on other worlds/dimensions as it does on Earth (first detailed in the first arc, when Taranee's kidnapped).

--------------------
user posted image
Ameyal
Posted: 4 April 2012 09:29

Comic Fan

As for the pages from issue 110, do realize that when us old farts talk about "your age", we're not being precise in exactly how old.  There's a margin of error of a few years either way.

I know, and I agree wholeheartedly, but I there are other things that mark the special as also being Hay Lin's birthday, or close to it: It's a very special memento for Joan, and mentions that the kimono is specifically why she showed the trunk to Hay Lin that day. (Yes, I'm aware that Hay Lin's birthday is June 4, while mother's day is in may, but it can easily been an early gift, Joan's birthday, or a late mother's celebration)
trivia212005
Posted: 12 April 2012 10:48

Comic Fan

Member No.: 218

I'm not surprised if one of them havn't started learning how to drive yet.
MoonCloud217
Posted: 14 April 2012 11:51

Comic Scanner

Group: Mod
Member No.: 3

hell, I haven't even started to do that yet laugh.gif and I'm 29.
then again, I don't really have an interest in that ...

--------------------
tumblrheart ittwitterblogwitch rpg youtubefacebookKHDownloads
user posted image
eliza
Posted: 14 April 2012 18:03

Comic Reader

Member No.: 1,916

Actually,i think the w.i.t.c.h girls are about 13-15 years old but they can't grow up because they are just a comic (unfortunatelly) so why are we still talking about that? wink.gif

This post has been edited by eliza on 14 April 2012 18:04
Ameyal
Posted: 6 May 2012 21:52

Comic Fan

QUOTE (eliza @ 14 April 2012 11:03)
Actually,i think the w.i.t.c.h girls are about 13-15 years old but they can't grow up because they are just a comic (unfortunatelly) so why are we still talking about that? wink.gif

Hey, you're right!

Why do we discuss anything related to the girls if they're not real anyway!
Tekira
Posted: 6 May 2012 22:22

going up, going down?

Group: Mod
Member No.: 318

QUOTE (Ameyal @ 6 May 2012 22:52)
Hey, you're right!

Why do we discuss anything related to the girls if they're not real anyway!

Than this whole forum would be useless tongue.gif

--------------------
Facebook * Hot Cute Girly Geek * 3DS: 107507154451
user posted image
galistar07water
Posted: 6 May 2012 23:53

come a long way

Member No.: 196

I think what eliza meant is why are we still talking about how old the Guardians are now that we know that they're less likely to age these days with the way the comics are going.

--------------------
user posted image
W.I.T.C.H. K.O.K.E. is brought to you by Kandrakar and the Gemini Council. Drink some magic!
Signature credited to skeiter-girl on DA for the beautiful artworks and permission
My DeviantArt Page W.I.T.C.H. Dreams of Lusteria
SpellBinder
Posted: 7 May 2012 02:39

Comic Fan

QUOTE (galistar07water @ 6 May 2012 16:53)
I think what eliza meant is why are we still talking about how old the Guardians are now that we know that they're less likely to age these days with the way the comics are going.

QFT

--------------------
user posted image
dragon78
Posted: 7 May 2012 21:07

feline forum warrior

Member No.: 145

There is no point in trying to figure out the girls ages now. If they were actually aging the characters to be accurate to how many years it's been since it started, they would at least be in college by now if not gratuated it.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 

counter offline
Pageviews since 4-4-2010 | More stats

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1111 seconds | Archive