W.I.T.C.H.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to W.I.T.C.H.. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

What are your favourite books?
dragon78
Posted: 8 April 2009 19:09

feline forum warrior

Group: Members
Member No.: 145

SP book? what series are you talking about Lady kandrakar?
Lady_Kandrakar
Posted: 8 April 2009 19:13

Comic Fan

Member No.: 330

It's short for "Skulduggery Pleasant", I couldn't have been bothered to type the full name so i typed SP tongue.gif

--------------------
The Phantom Squee
Posted: 18 April 2009 22:47

Comic Fan

Member No.: 492

For a while now, my favorite books have been the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I'm also a big fan of Redwall, Lord of the Rings, and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Edit: Oh, and I just recently read two more very good books: The Last Lecture, which is a sort of autobiography written a few years ago by a college professor after he was diagnosed with terminal cancer; and The Art of Racing in the Rain, which is one of those "human nature as told by a dog" type books.

This post has been edited by The Phantom Squee on 18 April 2009 22:52
Sankara
Posted: 30 April 2009 01:51

Comic Fan

Member No.: 224

OOooh I'm also a fan of redwall. I also like Lord of the Rings, Pendragon, anything written by Tamora Pierce, the Silverwing series, shadow children, keys to the kingdom, the tale of despereaux, three came home, and truth be told i could go on forever (i like reading tongue.gif ...bet you've already guessed)

--------------------
Nobody's perfect. I'm Nobody. Therefore I'm perfect...NOW BOW DOWN BEFORE ME WORTHLESS SLAVES!!!!!
lolipoppy
Posted: 30 April 2009 11:04

Comic Fan

Member No.: 470

I like Cornelia Funke. She's a german writer who writes those really cool fantasy books. i have two of them at home (Inkheart). I read them again and again.

--------------------
The words by themselves defeat us from the terrify of things without a name once a very wise women said. Well not so wise girl (me) says that the music gives will to be and world would be empty without it And you know what? They are both very right.

Boulevard of broken dreams (my blog) Stalk me on Twitter
Sankara
Posted: 1 May 2009 03:55

Comic Fan

QUOTE (lolipoppy @ Apr 30 2009, 11:04 AM)
I like Cornelia Funke. She's a german writer who writes those really cool fantasy books. i have two of them at home (Inkheart). I read them again and again.

cool! I like her too! have you read the theif lord by her. It's one of my faves! hmm...maybe i should update my list...

--------------------
Nobody's perfect. I'm Nobody. Therefore I'm perfect...NOW BOW DOWN BEFORE ME WORTHLESS SLAVES!!!!!
lolipoppy
Posted: 1 May 2009 12:01

Comic Fan

Member No.: 470

Yes, I read thief lord, but my favorite of her is Dragon Rider (or something like that)

--------------------
The words by themselves defeat us from the terrify of things without a name once a very wise women said. Well not so wise girl (me) says that the music gives will to be and world would be empty without it And you know what? They are both very right.

Boulevard of broken dreams (my blog) Stalk me on Twitter
Sankara
Posted: 1 May 2009 16:36

Comic Fan

i read that one too. it's pretty good as well!

--------------------
Magix
Posted: 1 May 2009 16:44

Comic Fan

Member No.: 502

mine favourites are:
my sister the vampire(switched and fangtastic)by Sienna mercer
tokyo mew mew ala mode (1 and2)by reiko yoshida and mia ikumi
and w.i.t.c.h. guardians of the veil
smile.gif
edit:Ink heart by Cornelia funke
the cruell empress(hay lis's adventure book)by lene Kaaberol(sorry about the bad spelling)
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Magix on 1 November 2009 21:26

--------------------
user posted image
haylinfan
Posted: 2 May 2009 12:43

Comic Fan

Member No.: 427

my faves are:
Nancy Drew, Fear Street, My Mother was Never a Kid(i wonder what my mother thinks of the title laugh.gif ), Baby-sitters Club, and Goosebumps..

--------------------
user posted image
LoopyLor
Posted: 2 May 2009 13:19

come a long way

Member No.: 8

I used to love goosebumps when I was a kid. biggrin.gif

I mostly have a collection of various manga, along with Anne Rice's vampire chronicles, some by Stephen King, Marilyn Manson's biography and books that I read for my English lit degree.
haylinfan
Posted: 2 May 2009 14:44

Comic Fan

Member No.: 427

oh wait, i read one stephen king book back then.. i instantly loved it.. it was about a girl with this old lady and they went back in time then they met this guy who makes magic orbs and stuff.. i just can't remember the title but it has something to do with a lady in the mirror (or something, anything framed like a picture frame, painting.. i'm not sure anymore).. ever heard of that, loopy??

This post has been edited by haylinfan on 2 May 2009 14:45

--------------------
user posted image
Magix
Posted: 1 November 2009 21:28

Comic Fan

i recently just bought inkheart by Cornelia funke.It's a greaty book but I haven't finished it just yet.I think I'll probably buy the sequel called inkspell if inkheart has a good ending.

--------------------
user posted image
Witchlover
Posted: 2 November 2009 01:25

Comic editor

Member No.: 14

It does wink.gif It's a great series. Another one of the series I got into while waiting for a new Harry Potter book.

--------------------
user posted image
SpellBinder
Posted: 2 November 2009 10:47

Comic Fan

Member No.: 524

If going by sheer quantity, it'd have to be the Star Trek novels I collected in the 1990's. Got more of those than anything else.

If going by re-readability, then it'd have to be the Chronicles Of Narnia and the Inheritance series (the author of the later living ~200km from me). It's rare for me to reread anything, and I've read the Chronicles at least three times, and the Inheritance series (what's published) twice.

--------------------
user posted image
My Deviant Art page (now with W.I.T.C.H. related art!) : FanFiction
The Phantom Squee
Posted: 2 November 2009 19:05

Comic Fan

Eeeeeeh, Inheritance. I can read those because I'm a fantasy fan, but the sheer number of cliches in them makes me facepalm constantly, and Paolini's pacing needs a lot of work. And also the whole "Hey guys elves are superior in every way and also they are super vegetarians and atheists! I'm not using them as a mouthpiece at all!"

This post has been edited by The Phantom Squee on 2 November 2009 19:06
Witchlover
Posted: 2 November 2009 20:06

Comic editor

I think I will finish the Inheritance series one day. I could never get through Eldest

--------------------
user posted image
SpellBinder
Posted: 3 November 2009 01:39

Comic Fan

Member No.: 524

Elves being vegetarian, atheists, and/or superior to humans aren't new concepts to me, so I guess I'm not seeing what you are. In more than one work of fiction have I come across similar elven notions.

--------------------
user posted image
My Deviant Art page (now with W.I.T.C.H. related art!) : FanFiction
The Phantom Squee
Posted: 3 November 2009 03:14

Comic Fan

That's true, it's just that it's getting old by this point, you know? People are getting tired of seeing the superhuman elves trope again and again. It's really more a matter of relativity than the series being objectively bad or anything.
witchfanforever
Posted: 11 May 2010 18:32

Comic Reader

Member No.: 498

I mostly read fantasy books. the latest series i read was ''Molly moon'' (great book it is funny and has a nice plot!) and Laura. The latest series i read is Harry Potter ! i love it is so much better than the films. i read the 1st book,the 2nd,the 7th (i loved it !)the 5th,4th and now i've been reading the 6th book !
Magix
Posted: 11 May 2010 19:00

Comic Fan

Oh I have read the Molly moon books, they are really good smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Tekira
Posted: 11 May 2010 22:29

going up, going down?

Group: Mod
Member No.: 318

hm, I see I've posted on this topic a long time ago, but I'll do it again!

If you don't count manga or Witch:

Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling)
Eragon series (Christopher Paolini)
Poison (Chris Wooding)
Een Schitterend Gebrek (Arthur Japin) (A beautiful Flaw?)
Twilight series (Stephany Meyer)
Stravaganza series (forgot name of the author)
De Macht van het Zwaard (Anne West) (The power of the Sword?)

--------------------
user posted image
Facebook * Hot Cute Girly Geek * 3DS: 107507154451
Magix
Posted: 12 May 2010 16:40

Comic Fan

At the moment I'm reading Inkdeath, the last book in the Inkheart trilogy. I've had the book for a while now, but I've had to read it in little bits because I haven't had the time to read it lately.

--------------------
user posted image
zozo
Posted: 4 June 2010 19:56

Comic Reader

Member No.: 782

the secret garden smile.gif
matilda rolleyes.gif
willy wanka biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Witchlover
Posted: 4 June 2010 22:48

Comic editor

QUOTE (Magix @ 12 May 2010 10:40)
At the moment I'm reading Inkdeath, the last book in the Inkheart trilogy. I've had the book for a while now, but I've had to read it in little bits because I haven't had the time to read it lately.

same here. I think I got halfway through the book and had to stop for school. I think I'll get back to it and reread it.

Right now I'm reading the Immortal series by Alyson Noel. I get to meet her and get her autograph on June 24 right after the 4th book comes out! biggrin.gif I love meeting authors. She'll be the 3rd New York Times bestselling author and 4th in all that I get to meet

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

counter offline
Pageviews since 4-4-2010 | More stats

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1339 seconds | Archive