Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Untitled!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Untitled! Updates Mailing List: untitledupdates@gmail.com

Untitled! News and Notes:
02-17-05 - Guidelines:
  • Please keep coarse language to a minimum. You never know who might be reading your posts!
  • Please be considerate and courteous to others. If you've come here to pick fights, please move along to some other board.
  • Please do not use avatars containing suggestive or innappropriate images. This has been tolerated in the past, but it really is kind of tasteless, so I'd prefer them to be kept clean. This also goes for images posted or linked within your posts.
  • Please do not use images in your signature. This is a bit intrusive, especially to people on low screen resolutions or dialup connections.
  • If you have a problem, PM Gloria or Ironpaw (but try Gloria first because she is logged in more often).
  • Have fun, and enjoy your stay here at the asylum messageboard!

Untitled! Bonus Stories!, It's finally here!
Gloria
Posted: Apr 4, 05:36:33 AM

Meanwhile, the squirrels are plotting...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

http://untitled.comicgen.com/ustories.html

Well, the first one's up!

Feel free to use this thread for discussion, comments, etc. If you find any typos that I missed please let me know!

ENJOY!

--------------------
"IRC is just multiplayer notepad."

"You ate the last Harpagornis! Noooo!"

It's not called "300" because of the number of Spartans...it's called "300" because that's the number of stars a rational person gives it. - Doug TenNapel
Crash
Posted: Apr 4, 12:57:31 PM

Keeper of the Weasel-Stick

Member No.: 3

Yay!! *downloads*

--------------------
Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Demand proof.

--The flight instructor's creed
coastal_artist
Posted: Apr 5, 01:54:30 PM

Xe's Secret Licker

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Yay! More U! Poor Fiar never seems to get a break. And I want to know where Twap and Keer were, but since I remember sketches from another culture, I'm sure we'll find out. And what's Fiar actually doing life/job-wise? Maybe I read the story too fast and just missed it... twapdry.gif

Do all the stories take place more or less at the same time? Or is there a specific order to them?

With typos, the thing that I noticed was misused end punctuation in dialogue. Sometimes it's missing, and sometimes there's a period instead of a comma before a "s/he said" dialogue tag.

--------------------
The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
Gloria
Posted: Apr 5, 09:52:07 PM

Ah, thanks for the heads up on the punctuation, coasty. I thought I fixed most of those but I probably missed quite a few. The cutting and shifting around of blocks of text I did during editing probably aggravated the situation.

The story didn't mention what Fiar's doing, really. I probably should have written that in. Since this story takes place a few months after the end of U! I kind of figured people would assume he's still tying up loose ends with VZ and working with the new government there.

I wrote the stories in a vaguely chronological order but for the most part they are independant of one another.

Thanks for reading!

--------------------

It's not called "300" because of the number of Spartans...it's called "300" because that's the number of stars a rational person gives it. - Doug TenNapel
louisth
Posted: Apr 9, 08:07:28 AM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 156

Read it! Enjoyed it! Hungry for more!

Poor Snitter. The cute guy is too busy chasing the girl who hates him to notice her. twapwink.gif Maybe I'll be a Timmi/Snitter shipper. That would be a cute couple. twapsmile.gif
Gloria
Posted: Apr 10, 05:37:14 AM

Well, being a Timmi/Snits shipper is infinitely better than being a Timmi/Jamie shipper. XD

--------------------

Medieval Pete
Posted: Apr 21, 10:13:33 PM

Pillages Castles in the Sky

Member No.: 46

I'm still interested to see the direction that the &/Phase/Xi storyline takes. suppose I'l have to wait untill next nanowrimo for that one... unless theres something I overlooked.
Gloria
Posted: Apr 22, 06:52:12 AM

There are 4 more stories I have to edit and post, Pete. twapsmile.gif This was just the first one.

--------------------

Gloria
Posted: May 27, 04:37:01 PM

NEWS! .... I've done an edit on the 2nd U! story. I'll run it by Devon for his input and hopefully post it soon.

About now I'm really wishing I'd bothered to write these things better in the first place. *rolls eyes*

--------------------

Gloria
Posted: May 31, 12:23:39 PM

Aaaaand it's up!

This one's shorter than the last one and rather sad. Hope you like it.

http://untitled.comicgenesis.com/ustories.html

--------------------

Cameron
Posted: Jun 2, 01:16:07 PM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 245

Wow, I'm amazed no one's commented on this yet. But then, I suppose there isn't much to say about this particular story, except "well, that's sad..." twapsad.gif
Gloria
Posted: Jun 2, 01:48:01 PM

It's true! ;__;

Maybe the next one will inspire more discussion, because it is freaking INSANE. Seriously. I don't even know what to do with it it's so off-the-wall. 0_o

--------------------

Specter
Posted: Jun 2, 08:47:59 PM

Twapa clone

Member No.: 144

Just downloaded it a minute ago. I'm not browsing much since I got downgraded to Dial-up.

[review pending]

EDIT:
[review compiled]

Congratulations, you actually made me teary. Which is not easy to do!

The most effective part of it was that it was presented in a very realistic and actual manner. The feelings described nail, precisely, how one feels in such situations.
Although, that my be because it described almost exactly (down to the car trip scenery) how a visit to my great-grandmother happens, except with a lot more Alzheimer’s.
In all, a very effective short where briefness, is many times surpassed and complemented by impact.

looking forward to more.

This post has been edited by Specter on Jun 2, 10:27:21 PM

--------------------
"I just put 1.795372 and 2.204628 together."
"And what does that mean?"
"Four!"

->DA gallery<-
ottermike
Posted: Jun 3, 07:49:43 PM

Apollo's Girlfriend

Member No.: 168

I can't do sad right now...I'll wait for the zany....

--------------------
Turkey City Lexicon
Stay With Me
blissfully ignorant of lolspeak
Gloria
Posted: Jun 3, 09:52:49 PM

QUOTE (Specter @ Jun 2, 07:47:59 PM)
Just downloaded it a minute ago. I'm not browsing much since I got downgraded to Dial-up.

[review pending]

EDIT:
[review compiled]

Congratulations, you actually made me teary. Which is not easy to do!

The most effective part of it was that it was presented in a very realistic and actual manner.  The feelings described nail, precisely, how one feels in such situations.
Although, that my be because it described almost exactly (down to the car trip scenery) how a visit to my great-grandmother happens, except with a lot more Alzheimer’s.
In all, a very effective short where briefness, is many times surpassed and complemented by impact.

looking forward to more.

Thanks for the review, man! I actually do appreciate hearing what people think of these... it helps me gauge how well I'm doing. twapsmile.gif

I always try to go for realism in my writing... Because if I don't stop and THINK about what I'm writing (e.g., What sort of everyday stuff is going on in the background? What are the logical steps to the task a character needs to do? How do people usually act in these circumstances?) then I usually end up writing stuff that's so vague and generic that it's not even interesting. Sometimes that happens anyway, but looking at it from a realistic perspective helps a bit.

Writing U! stories is kind of easy because I'm working from the notion that the readers should already know at least what the characters look like, which saves me having to write lots of ugly, awkward descriptions. I think I am really terrible at descriptions. : p

--------------------

Gloria
Posted: Jul 31, 11:07:28 AM

New story is up!

--------------------

azichri
Posted: Jul 31, 05:11:20 PM

Twapa clone

Member No.: 126

Wow, and quite the length, too! Thanks for another interesting read.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Untitled! General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1791 seconds | Archive
Untitled: Making you uncool since 2000. This board © Gloria Pike.
Remember: Devon Loves Gloria!
And Gloria loves synthpop, but not as much as she loves Devon.

Et tu, Brute?
I am the very model of a modern Major General. This text is hidden!
Green is the colour of moss and ferns and trees and some fatamanders.

This text is also hidden.