InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Untitled!. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Untitled! Updates Mailing List: untitledupdates@gmail.com

Untitled! News and Notes:
02-17-05 - Guidelines:
  • Please keep coarse language to a minimum. You never know who might be reading your posts!
  • Please be considerate and courteous to others. If you've come here to pick fights, please move along to some other board.
  • Please do not use avatars containing suggestive or innappropriate images. This has been tolerated in the past, but it really is kind of tasteless, so I'd prefer them to be kept clean. This also goes for images posted or linked within your posts.
  • Please do not use images in your signature. This is a bit intrusive, especially to people on low screen resolutions or dialup connections.
  • If you have a problem, PM Gloria or Ironpaw (but try Gloria first because she is logged in more often).
  • Have fun, and enjoy your stay here at the asylum messageboard!

Pages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  ( Go to first unread post )

Introduction Thread!, For introductions, of course.
Andrick
Posted: Mar 7, 04:09:50 PM

Obligatory Agitator

Group: Members
Member No.: 21

*the ringwolf muzzlepaws and shakes his head* I should never've accepted the promotion. The replacements are only half-trained. Well, Gok, you are welcomed. Now, shoo with you! I don't expect to see you in this thread again unless you are welcomin' someone else. *the ringwolf busts out a battlebroom to scatter the other forumites back to the forums at large* A mod's work is never done. *sweep-sweep*

--------------------
I believe you know I think what you thought of yourself is less then what I deem of how you consider yourself. Know what I mean?
Medieval Pete
Posted: Mar 7, 11:31:42 PM

Pillages Castles in the Sky

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Legokatt @ Mar 7, 04:17:17 AM)
Freud: On a condom or in one?

I believe the question should read 'Dead or Alive.' Freud is SO passe! Unless you're into comparative literature, there it seems the poor sods can't have enough of him.

or if you're into art. Y'know his grandson Lucien has made quite a business with his paintings.

Andrick: "Mod": forwards or backwards?

Kcirdna? Not sure what sense that makes. If you have MOD backwards, it's better to add an extra O in there.

Not that I know from experience but I kinda would be willing to bet that DOM would be fitting as well.

QUOTE (Andrick)
The replacements are only half-trained.

*pops up outta Andrick's pocket* don't worry, we'll learn in time. I mean, we did learn the basics from the best!
Specter
Posted: Mar 14, 01:44:09 PM

Twapa clone

Member No.: 144

Greetings, I am Specter.
AKA. On_A_Dewback_With_No_Name if on Starwars.com

Well who am I. I am college student who only recently was introduced to message boards (it's true I didnít even see one till about My Senior year in high school).

like it says in my profile my interests are Marshal arts, (Rank Black Belt), Classic cars(restored my 73 VW Beetle and helped extensively on my Dad's 65 Mustang, currently working on Mom's 65 Barracuda), and weaponry (the bigger the better, for instance me and my cousin hunt flickertails with AK-47s and 30-30s). Reading is one of my favorite pastimes (along with drag racing) unfortunately I donít have as much time to read i would like. As for furry twapblink.gif I don't get it but anyway

I am quite a quiet person and most likely my posts will be infrequent.

As for my personality; according to that personality exam thing I am similar to Misha.

Oh, I do also have some artistic talent so I might post some fan art um... someday... possibly.

twapninja.gif

This post has been edited by Specter on Mar 14, 03:26:22 PM

--------------------
"I just put 1.795372 and 2.204628 together."
"And what does that mean?"
"Four!"

->DA gallery<-
AmigaDragon
Posted: Mar 14, 02:38:19 PM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 143

QUOTE (Medieval Pete @ Apr 1, 10:05:47 AM)
Hi, I'm Peter, the resident phenatik of all things medieval, especially the large sharp metal pokey shiney things such as axes, daggers, spears, halberds, pikes, and last but defimately not least swords.

Hi, Elliott here, I found U! kinda by accident, finding a list of sites (was that keenspace or comicgenesis?) and was curious of the name Untitled. I like it.

I like to read. For me, furry is just a descriptive sub-genre, not a way of life. twapwink.gif
Peter, you might like this link, though so far I've only made small metal, not-so-sharp, pokey, not-shiny things.
http://www.qsl.net/n0ukf/blacksmith1.html Got any marshmallows?

--------------------
"Gogito, ergo es. I think, therefor you is."
Legokatt
Posted: Mar 16, 07:58:09 AM

Idria's Goon

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Specter @ Mar 14, 12:44:09 PM)
Greetings, I am Specter.
AKA. On_A_Dewback_With_No_Name if on Starwars.com

Hallo Specter! Nice to have another SW buff on the board. Welcome!

As for 'not getting furry,' no loss there, mate. Best keep it that way, honestly.

*coughs, and looks around for backup* Uh, I'm realitively new to the whole welcoming thing, we're supposed to quiz people, right? Who wants to start it off?
Legokatt
Posted: Mar 16, 08:06:08 AM

Idria's Goon

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (AmigaDragon @ Mar 14, 01:38:19 PM)

Hi, Elliott here, I found U! kinda by accident, finding a list of sites (was that keenspace or comicgenesis?) and was curious of the name Untitled. I like it.

I like to read. For me, furry is just a descriptive sub-genre, not a way of life. twapwink.gif
Peter, you might like this link, though so far I've only made small metal, not-so-sharp, pokey, not-shiny things.
http://www.qsl.net/n0ukf/blacksmith1.html Got any marshmallows?

Oops, should've seen AmigaDragon as well, while I'm at it! Welcome aboard, Elliot! Nice blacksmithing work. I'm keen on old handicrafts, and ironmongery is something I've never tried, certainly. Facinating stuff! I like the spoon, especially. The forks are nifti too. Do you take requests? I take donations. . . I have marshmallows . . . I'll even give you a permanent invite over for s'mores-making sessions! twapwink.gif You do reenacting, then, I take it?

P.S. I'm serious about the s'mores!
Medieval Pete
Posted: Mar 16, 12:17:19 PM

Hi to all the newbies. Usually we would swarm y'all with a bunch of questions, but I'm really sick right now and don't feel like it. Maybe Mongy could pick up the slack, but not me.
Andrick
Posted: Mar 16, 01:57:01 PM

Obligatory Agitator

*the ringwolf mutters darkly about "slackers" and pulls up a chair at the front of the room* Hello, class. My name is Andrick Volsh and I'll be your substitute today. Please take out a number two pencil and we'll begin.

How much cheer would Keer find in beer if beer could cheer Keer?

What is your more impressive body part: your abs or your glutes?

If you were to run into Gloria on the street, what dopey fan thing would you do to cause her to get the jibblies whenever she remembered the incident?

What do you think of letter openers in the shape of swords?

Is there a niftier invention for clothing than the zipper? If so, what is it?

How do you type with boxing gloves on?

Is Medieval Pete playing hooky?

If the cities on the western U.S. coast are named for saints (San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo), why was Los Angeles skipped?

When did you realize that you liked "Untitled!"?

--------------------
I believe you know I think what you thought of yourself is less then what I deem of how you consider yourself. Know what I mean?
Specter
Posted: Mar 16, 07:39:35 PM

Twapa clone

My answers:

#1. Probably not much, alcohol is a depressant.
#2. My circulating kick.
#3. Being dressed exactly like my avatar.
#4. Oh sharp stuff, gimme
#5. The organic photovoltaic fabric, recharges your cell phone while walking.
#6. Probably has a keyboard with BIG buttons that was made for people with bad eyesight. Or he makes the cheat under penalty of kick.
#7. Well, he is in the dark ages.
#8. It wasn't: Angelus of Jerusalem . Him and a few others.
#9. Somewhere between reading the Aug 12 2000 and Aug 17 2000 strips last Nov.

Hallo Specter! Nice to have another SW buff on the board.

Really. Are you ever over there and under what screen name? And congrats on your marriage.

Best keep it that way, honestly.

Yeah, even though Iíve never been involved Iíve seen more then I wanted of that crap.
twapninja.gif

This post has been edited by Specter on Mar 17, 09:30:49 PM

--------------------
"Four!"

->DA gallery<-
-JM
Posted: Mar 17, 02:48:04 AM

Idria's Plaything

Member No.: 9

well, I was busy. You know. Being awesome. And stuff. *HAUGHTY LOOK*

...quite!

EITHER ORS!
[or "neither ands", cause you are all cheaters.]

Slacking: Just a form of pants-related activity, or henious crime of fourm?
Your Nails: Pink or Blue?
Raccoons with popcorn or Popcorn with raccoons?
"fatamander": some sort of pokemon, or a serious lizard-related medical condition?
Hardcore Dancing or Slam Dancing?
Serious cultural refence or stupid internet meme?
Gaia Online: Evil insterment which will doom my poor bladder, or Evil insterment which will doom some poor chatter?
A comment completely unrelated to U! or an over-used cause of debate regaruding U!?
Xe + Twap v Xe + Keer: Does it really matter, minding that neither pair can make babies, or completely trumped by Keer + Twap?
Knowing why having children really matters, or living in blissful ignorance?
Chewing on a unicorn horn, or eating bugs?
I want an occupation that I can subsist solely on making weird hand poses. Give me one >|

--------------------
the scent says: sassy.
AND YOU SAID "OH, AND I HAVE SOME EXTRA BLOOD IF YOU NEED IT."
Scientist Guy
Posted: Mar 17, 11:18:21 AM

Apollo's Girlfriend

Member No.: 133

Hey Mongy, take a break and let me have a crack at welcoming the new commers.
*slams stack of papers on the desk*

1. Vegtable salad or vegtable juice?
2. Strawberry jelly or whipped cream0.o?
3. If Zirrus showed up at your front door from a giant glowing ring in your front yard and offered you high paying job with "huge incentives" what would you do?
4. Keer- Boxers or briefs?
5. Twap- Boxers or briefs?
6. What would you do if you woke up wearing medieval garb and gear in a strange room?
7. Popcorn or nachos?
8. If given the opportunity, would you tug the Ringwolf's tail and run?
9. Monster with a ringed tail or ringtail monster?
10. And finaly, in a pie eating contest who would be entered and who would win?(pick 2 forumites)

"class you may begin"

--------------------
~Thunder Wolf (bow to my obvious greatness)

I play paintball, look at my page!

Livejournal for me!
Medieval Pete
Posted: Mar 17, 09:23:15 PM

[QUOTE=Andrick,Mar 16, 10:57:01 AM] How much cheer would Keer find in beer if beer could cheer Keer? [/QUOTE]
Oh dear, very drear would be our friend Keer if he found his cheer in beer!

[quote]What is your more impressive body part: your abs or your glutes?[/quote]
I'm a skinny weasel, I don't have much of either

[quote]If you were to run into Gloria on the street, what dopey fan thing would you do to cause her to get the jibblies whenever she remembered the incident?[/quote]
just the jibblies? not the hibbledy jibblies? ...not sure, maybe if i immitated jm...

[quote]What do you think of letter openers in the shape of swords?[/quote]
Those are letter openers!? I thought they were used by fairy armies or something like that!

[quote]Is there a niftier invention for clothing than the zipper? If so, what is it?[/quote]
Chainmaille

[qoute]How do you type with boxing gloves on?[/quote]
have you ever heard the theory that if you sat 1,000,000 monkeys in front of typewriters one would eventually pound out a Shakespeare play? Its kinda like that

[quote]Is Medieval Pete playing hooky?[/quote]
Now now, you know hown hard it is for me to shut up on this forum. Do you think I would intentionally avoid typing a bunch of nonsensical stuff? (I am recovering, btw... you know, in case anyone cares)

[quote]If the cities on the western U.S. coast are named for saints (San Diego, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo), why was Los Angeles skipped?[/quote]
Maybe the Spaniards got tired of saints and decided on angels instead.

[quote]When did you realize that you liked "Untitled!"?[/quote]
Sometime in '03

This post has been edited by Medieval Pete on Mar 19, 02:15:13 AM
Medieval Pete
Posted: Mar 17, 09:37:46 PM

QUOTE (-JM @ Mar 16, 11:48:04 PM)
I want an occupation that I can subsist solely on making weird hand poses. Give me one >|

-one of those people who translate speaches into sign language
-umpire
-interpretive dance
-character in an Ancient Egyptian painting
-mime
Qip
Posted: Mar 17, 11:01:51 PM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 145

Hey, the names Qip
yes i am very aware that there is no "u" in it and that's how i ment it. A Q without a U makes a sound like a K and if you disagree, i'll be happy to ague this point, but not right now twapwink.gif, so it's pronounce like Kip, except with a Q.

I'm new hear! Read all the comics in the last three days and liked them. I found it quite adicting to read them actualy.

I probably wont post very often, but i'll swing by from time to time, maybe even put in a word or two.

Oh and by the way i adore the way you draw Gloria! it's ausome
Computer Guy
Posted: Mar 21, 08:45:13 PM

Twapa clone

Member No.: 137

Welcome Qip. Welcome to the forums . A word of warning, you will be badgered with questions from three random people asking a bunch of questions. Have fun. twapgrin.gif

--------------------
I wouldn't say I'm an evil genius.
Cain Azrael
Posted: Apr 17, 04:08:32 AM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 146

Hey, I'm... um, me... and for godsake TELL ME IT ISN'T OVER, GLORIA!!!

--------------------
Sanity is merely the denial of chaos.
azichri
Posted: Apr 17, 07:34:44 AM

Twapa clone

Member No.: 126

and for godsake TELL ME IT ISN'T OVER, GLORIA!!!

I hope as much as you that our favorite comic continues! Anyways, welcome to the forum Cain Azrael!
-JM
Posted: Apr 18, 12:12:33 AM

Idria's Plaything

=0 we never assulted Qip with questions. FAILURE! NOW THEY ALL KNOW! We've apparently began to analyze the new forumbaby for signs that they "mightnot answer questions"...such as "I probably wont post very often, but i'll swing by from time to time, maybe even put in a word or two."

Damn.
Well, there goes that lengthy conditioning sequence.

I MEAN---

Hiii~ Cain Azreal. My nephew has the same 'first' name...only spelt with an "e" at the end. Because he's only about two, and you have almost samenames, I'll forgo the questioning and instead give.....CHEEK PINCHES *pinch pinch*
And one more for panic *pinch*

--------------------
Cain Azrael
Posted: Apr 20, 11:02:01 PM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 146

Now my cheeks need bodyguards. Anyone looking for work?

--------------------
Sanity is merely the denial of chaos.
Specter
Posted: Apr 21, 12:49:29 AM

Twapa clone

Sure I'll take that bodyguard job. Anything to help me pay for college.
*Starts cleaning the 12-gauge*

Hmmm? Maybe I should discuss what my salary will be first. *ka-click*

twapninja.gif

--------------------
"Four!"

->DA gallery<-
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 14, 12:48:22 AM

Apollo's Girlfriend

Member No.: 151

*blows dust off the intro thread*

Well, guess it's never too late for a fresh face, right? I'm TriptychR, but Trip will do just perfectly. I'm a reporter for a smalltown newspaper, but I also enjoy writing humor and sometimes short stories on the side.

I was first introduced to Untitled! by a friend and then found more of Gloria's stuff on deviantART (where you can find my stuff too, by the way twapwink.gif ). Why it took me so long to put two and two together and join this board is beyond me.

If you go furrywise, I fall under the species of red panda. Not very active, but kind and a little playful.

So, uh... hi!

--------------------
Gloria
Posted: Aug 14, 12:55:28 AM

Meanwhile, the squirrels are plotting...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Welcome to the board, Trip! Good to see you here! twaphappy.gif

--------------------
"IRC is just multiplayer notepad."

"You ate the last Harpagornis! Noooo!"

It's not called "300" because of the number of Spartans...it's called "300" because that's the number of stars a rational person gives it. - Doug TenNapel
-JM
Posted: Aug 16, 05:46:59 AM

Idria's Plaything

E: well Trip; hallohallo.

KEE-WESTIONZ!!:

how much would could an aardvark bark if and aadvark could bark wood?
Is Batman really comic gold, or are people over looking the might of LIVE ACTION-JUSTICE LEAGUE? [I swear. I saw it. it might have been part of the Batman show, but Flash is not batmans >:0]
Is it true Pandas are plotting world domination? Also, how do red pandas hide in oreo factories :0?
FLOWER CANDY?
Did you ever use a nightlite?
How now brown cow?
Is "pancakes v. waffles" a moot point if you consiter the possiblites of danish and french toast?
What's worse: a hang nail OR that little bit of skin that curls back and bleeds next to your figernail but isn't a cuticle and has no right to be bleeding?
<insert refrence here> or <place namedrop there>?

--------------------
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 16, 10:46:05 AM

Apollo's Girlfriend

Sweet! Questions!

An aardvark could bark wood if would could be wood, but bark can't could be on would. (I'm an English major and a spelling nazi. Please forgive me. twapwink.gif )

Is Batman really comic gold, or are people over looking the might of LIVE ACTION-JUSTICE LEAGUE? [I swear. I saw it. it might have been part of the Batman show, but Flash is not batmans >:0]

Did you see that at a Six Flags park? They have Justice League stuff all over my area Six Flags Darien Lake now, including banners with all the heroes on them. During the Kingdom Bound Christian music festival, some zealous goers strategically covered Wonder Woman's banner cleavage with a Switchfoot sticker.

Is it true Pandas are plotting world domination? Also, how do red pandas hide in oreo factories :0?

Unless all pandas are trying to take over the world solely through the force of sheer adorability, I think you're safe. We're not really well known for being species of action.

And we're only able to hide in Oreo factories around Christmastime. Hooray red filling!

FLOWER CANDY?

You mean like a hybrid of flowers and candy? Sounds like a cost-efficient way to show appreciation toward the opposite sex. I approve!

Did you ever use a nightlite?

Yes. It had a cartoon character on it, but for the life of me I can't remember who.

How now brown cow?

I don't know, but keep them happy. They supply our chocolate milk!

Is "pancakes v. waffles" a moot point if you consiter the possiblites of danish and french toast?

It's all sweetened bread. The real war has been waged underground all this time: Aunt Jemima v. Mrs. Butterworth!

What's worse: a hang nail OR that little bit of skin that curls back and bleeds next to your figernail but isn't a cuticle and has no right to be bleeding?

Agh, that little bit of skin, definitely! Thinking about it gives me the jibblies...

<insert refrence here> or <place namedrop there>

I shall do neither! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! twapwink.gif

This post has been edited by TriptychR on Aug 16, 10:46:38 AM

--------------------
Andrick
Posted: Aug 16, 01:02:16 PM

Obligatory Agitator

Now that the easy questions are out of the way... heh, heh, heh. *the ringwolf cracks his knuckles as he glowers at the latest victim* Let us proceed.

If only one of the U! Crew were to survive some singular doom, which of them do you want it to be?

Which one is it likely to be, in all honesty?

If you were a pair of Snitter's socks, what would be your color(s)?

Has it been entirely too long since you consulted your MLA handbook? Does it earn a fee everytime you do?

Just how many punctuation marks recognized as part of proper English and why is only English capitalized while others, like spanish, isn't?

How do you think the next conversation will go between Xe and Twapa? Are you willing to lay money on that?

Fear the Mongy! Okay, that's not really a question, but would you have heeded the warning and been able to remember it if it weren't so out of place?

What is more fun to say: mini-muffin, drum machine, parting-the-jello, or gippy?

--------------------
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 16, 04:16:36 PM

Apollo's Girlfriend

You people are devious! Ok, round two...

If only one of the U! Crew were to survive some singular doom, which of them do you want it to be?

Bob. Just imagine all the ink Gloria could save! twaplaugh.gif

Which one is it likely to be, in all honesty?

Hm... I'd probably have to go with Twapa. She's pretty cunning, plus I can just sort of see her alone in an apocalyptic setting.

If you were a pair of Snitter's socks, what would be your color(s)?

Why, red, brown, black and white, of course! I'd also probably have a hole somewhere.

Has it been entirely too long since you consulted your MLA handbook?  Does it earn a fee everytime you do?

Oh, wow, the ol' MLA guide. I haven't touched that since college! Working for a newspaper, my master tome has become the Associated Press Style Guide.

Just how many punctuation marks recognized as part of proper English and why is only English capitalized while others, like spanish, isn't?

If you want to be truly proper, your only marks would be the comma and period. Proper people don't dare raise their voices, leaving exclamation marks out, and they also know all the answers, so there would be no need for the question mark.

And honestly, I've never seen "Spanish" spelled without a capital S.

How do you think the next conversation will go between Xe and Twapa?  Are you willing to lay money on that?

TWAPA: Hey, Xe.
XE: Hey.
TWAPA: So, uh, anything happen to you in this alternate universe?
XE: ...Nah, nothin' really.
TWAPA: Ok.
XE: How'd you get here, anyway?
TWAPA: Eh... interstate.
XE: Oh.
JON LOVITZ: Brilliant! Now dinner, from Subway!

I would lay my 6 in. Buffalo chicken melt on hearty Italian on that; yes I would.

Fear the Mongy!  Okay, that's not really a question, but would you have heeded the warning and been able to remember it if it weren't so out of place?

Good point. Or at least it will be as soon as I know what you're talking about.

What is more fun to say: mini-muffin, drum machine, parting-the-jello, or gippy?

Gippy. It's short, sweet, and to the (complete absence of a) point. twapwink.gif

But now, sir, a question for you!
Uh... what's a ringwolf?

This post has been edited by TriptychR on Aug 16, 04:16:58 PM

--------------------
Gloria
Posted: Aug 16, 05:24:38 PM

QUOTE (TriptychR @ Aug 16, 03:16:36 PM)

How do you think the next conversation will go between Xe and Twapa?  Are you willing to lay money on that?

TWAPA: Hey, Xe.
XE: Hey.
TWAPA: So, uh, anything happen to you in this alternate universe?
XE: ...Nah, nothin' really.
TWAPA: Ok.
XE: How'd you get here, anyway?
TWAPA: Eh... interstate.
XE: Oh.
JON LOVITZ: Brilliant! Now dinner, from Subway!

I would lay my 6 in. Buffalo chicken melt on hearty Italian on that; yes I would.

*cackles*

That is great! XD

But now, sir, a question for you!
Uh... what's a ringwolf?

... Frankly, Trip, I'm beginning to suspect it's something like the Klingons from Star Trek: TOS. ...And then in DS9 they went back in time and Julian and Miles saw them and are all like "WTF, dude? White Klingons??" And Worf is all like, "Uh... we don't like to talk about it."

... Yes. Guess you had to be there.

--------------------

It's not called "300" because of the number of Spartans...it's called "300" because that's the number of stars a rational person gives it. - Doug TenNapel
-JM
Posted: Aug 16, 07:48:13 PM

Idria's Plaything

Sweet! Questions!

An aardvark could bark wood if would could be wood, but bark can't could be on would. (I'm an English major and a spelling nazi. Please forgive me. twapwink.gif )

not a problem :0 in these wee hours, I seem to type too fast without proofing. x0

Did you see that at a Six Flags park? They have Justice League stuff all over my area Six Flags Darien Lake now, including banners with all the heroes on them. During the Kingdom Bound Christian music festival, some zealous goers strategically covered Wonder Woman's banner cleavage with a Switchfoot sticker.

:0!! Oh noe. Six Flags has bastardized Darien Lakes enough. I miss the overgrown waterpark version.
And, no, I saw it at a random comic shop; it was on the TV...they were showing old tapes from like...60's/70's liveaction superhero shows. THEY MEET AT THE GAS STATION TO TRADE INTEL. It was spawsum. twapgrin.gif

--------------------
Supercheese
Posted: Aug 30, 01:00:13 AM

mini-muffin

Member No.: 147

<.< ... >.>

*de-lurk*

Hey... I'm Supercheese, as you can probably divine with little effort. Been readin' U! for... uh... since I registered. June, then, I guess. Like it a lot - much shnazzy art.

I hang at the Acorn Cafe (the ultimate place for Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers fans) and the DMFA forums. The latter is where I made my avatar, with the help of another forumite (see this thread if you care.)

To clarify, I'm a black panther, but since I'm too lazy to repost personal info, you can find out more here.

Erm... it's late and I can't think of much else... so that's it for now.

This post has been edited by Supercheese on Aug 31, 12:35:45 PM

--------------------
[This post will not self-destruct.]

DDR is my anti-drug.
Supercheese
Posted: Aug 30, 01:41:21 AM

mini-muffin

QUOTE (Gloria @ Aug 16, 02:24:38 PM)
... Frankly, Trip, I'm beginning to suspect it's something like the Klingons from Star Trek: TOS.  ...And then in DS9 they went back in time and Julian and Miles saw them and are all like "WTF, dude? White Klingons??" And Worf is all like, "Uh... we don't like to talk about it."

... Yes. Guess you had to be there.

Ah, yes, I remember that episode! They got to make fun of the Klingons, miniskirts, and wrong-color-uniform-paths. Also, tribbles. *chitter-mirr!*

Then, in Enterprise, they even went so far as to explain why the Klingons don't look like normal Klingons in TOS. That's right, genetic engineering ftl. Zomg, head ridges gone! Noes!

...it's waay too late. I shall be sleeping now.

--------------------

DDR is my anti-drug.
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 30, 10:00:04 AM

Apollo's Girlfriend

Welcome to the board, Supercheese! Wow, I knew there were still some Rescue Ranger fans out there (some with a particularly unhealthy fascination with Gadget), but I never knew there were whole forums for fans to gather. But that's the Internet for ya.

*looks at your Furiend profile* A panther who loves to swim, eh? Way to bust those stereotypes. twapwink.gif

--------------------
Andrick
Posted: Aug 30, 11:55:03 AM

Obligatory Agitator

Hello, Supercheese. I'm glad that you've been greeted by a fellow pledge though a little concerned that Trip didn't mention the impending interrogation. *the door is soundly secured by a falling portcullis as torches flare to brilliance, illuminating the medieval torture room's implements* Oh, well. We shall begin with the questions. *the ringwolf pulls on some tight, leather gloves* I do hope you will be your most forthright when answering the questions.

What was the band that the U! crew said they must see at Cornerstone?

Are you sinister-handed?

Kaelyn's hair: carefully crafted and styled that way or barely combed after stepping outta' the shower?

What recurring character do you hate seeing the most in U!?

What's so special about Greenwich and why is it pronounced GREHN-ij?

Artistically, what is the most improved character design of the U! crew?

What flavor of Ramen do you think is the most popular? Why?

How many times did you have to look something up when reading the U! archives?

What kind of car does Keer drive?

Can you actually carry on a conversation about clonecest with all seriousness?

Zirrus' dead henchmen: wasted lives or meals-ready-to-eat?

Why do some people crack up when they hear, then President, John Kennedy's end to his speech in Germany, "Ich bin ein Berliner?"

Which of the U! crew is most like you?

--------------------
Supercheese
Posted: Aug 30, 07:47:46 PM

mini-muffin

QUOTE (TriptychR @ Aug 30, 07:00:04 AM)
Welcome to the board, Supercheese!  Wow, I knew there were still some Rescue Ranger fans out there (some with a particularly unhealthy fascination with Gadget), but I never knew there were whole forums for fans to gather. But that's the Internet for ya.

Aye, there are. You can find anything on the Internet. That's a good and a bad thing.

QUOTE (TriptychR @ Aug 30, 07:00:04 AM)
*looks at your Furiend profile* A panther who loves to swim, eh? Way to bust those stereotypes. twapwink.gif

Well, fish are tasty... fish are in the water... and if bears can do it, then c'mon, felines can too!

QUOTE (Andrick @ Aug 30, 08:55:03 AM)
What was the band that the U! crew said they must see at Cornerstone?

Though I remember the instance you're talking about (they proceeded to get lost on the way back IIRC), I cannot name the band for you. Emo punk-ish, maybe?

Are you sinister-handed?

Most definitely. Southpaws are superior to average, run-of-the-mill dextrous folk. Being sinister myself, I asked this same question at the Acorn Cafe and received results: 13% sinister, 86% dextrous. Many wanted to say "ambidextrous" but I wouldn't let them.
(Oh dear, those two percentages only add up to 99%. Oh well.)

Kaelyn's hair: carefully crafted and styled that way or barely combed after stepping outta' the shower?

Depends on the day of the week.

What recurring character do you hate seeing the most in U!?

Erm... Ampersand? Sure, let's go with him... >.>

What's so special about Greenwich and why is it pronounced GREHN-ij?

Aside from being the "G" in "GMT", it's also in the title of a song I once downloaded from a video game remix site. That makes it special, because I think the site is now down, and one cannot download from it anymore.

Artistically, what is the most improved character design of the U! crew?

Xe. For the record, I still have absolutely no clue how to pronounce that (or his full name).

What flavor of Ramen do you think is the most popular?  Why?

Beef. Because since most people don't eat it, it then gets thrown away, thus enabling the college students and/or vagabonds to go dumpster diving and get it for free.

How many times did you have to look something up when reading the U! archives?

Look something up? Maybe twice is my guess. Thrice, perhaps. I'm kinda confused as to what you mean here...

What kind of car does Keer drive?

One that uses an internal combustion engine, has a steering wheel, and posesses adequate grocery storage space.

Can you actually carry on a conversation about clonecest with all seriousness?

I'd say yes. Very yes.

Zirrus' dead henchmen: wasted lives or meals-ready-to-eat?

I've had MREs. They're more expensive than dead people. Then again, I've not had dead people... <.<

Why do some people crack up when they hear, then President, John Kennedy's end to his speech in Germany, "Ich bin ein Berliner?"

I remember hearing something about this once. It was a case of words sounding really similar to each other and stuff... and I won't cheat and use Google to figure it out.

Which of the U! crew is most like you?

Bob. Some of my passwords to various places have included his name, even since before I started reaading U! Plus, the whole interdimensional thing is neat.

Alternatively, you can substitute "42" for any/all of the above answers.

So... can I play video games now? I hope I didn't forget/mess up anything...

--------------------

DDR is my anti-drug.
-JM
Posted: Aug 30, 10:30:56 PM

Idria's Plaything

QUOTE (SuperFreshCheese)

So... can I play video games now? I hope I didn't forget/mess up anything...

Oh no you don't! *drags him back by the shirt collar* We say "barrage" and we mean "barrage"! Well, actually, we'd mean "a vigorous or rapid outpouring or projection of many things at once ", but that's not the point!

Do you eat the fuzzy part of the peach?

How do you take your kitten, fluffy or sleek?

If yes and fluffy, then why would you eat the kitten-like parts of fruit?

Three names! Now!

Any reason for those names?

Have you ever taken part in a Death Pool?

In it's heyday, how much Pokemon swag did you purchase?

If you could download anything into your mind, for you to peruse at leisure like a memory, what would be your first pick, out of the internet?

Are people who can dig up nearly anything from a fourm archive spanning at least three or four different boards really creepy or just insane?

Are you wondering when the U!-related questions will turn up?

Fine. I'll either-or some U!ness.

UNTITLED! or A POKE IN THE EYE?
ramen without the seasoning OR small mammals ruling the world?
MIND-TAKING or DREAM TRAVEL?
getting lost in inter-demensional nothingness OR getting lost in space?
ALL CAPS or ALL _CAPS_?
wal-mart VS ajwright
ERIN vs THE YETI
batman vs fishstick boy
BOB IN AN INVISABLE JET. Yes or no.

QUOTE (String Cheese @ incidental times)

QUOTE (Mr.Stripey-Butt @ the crack of morning)
Are you sinister-handed?

Most definitely. Southpaws are superior to average, run-of-the-mill dextrous folk. Being sinister myself, I asked this same question at the Acorn Cafe and received results: 13% sinister, 86% dextrous. Many wanted to say "ambidextrous" but I wouldn't let them.
(Oh dear, those two percentages only add up to 99%. Oh well.)

It's what you get for excluding us ambis! twapyuck.gif

--------------------
Gloria
Posted: Aug 31, 12:00:26 AM

QUOTE (Supercheese @ Aug 30, 12:00:13 AM)
Rescue Rangers fans

RULE 34.

Ohnoes.

Carry on! twapsmile.gif

--------------------

Supercheese
Posted: Aug 31, 12:26:10 AM

mini-muffin

QUOTE (Gloria @ Aug 30, 09:00:26 PM)
QUOTE (Supercheese @ Aug 30, 12:00:13 AM)
Rescue Rangers fans

RULE 34.

Ohnoes.

...not going anywhere near there. twapdry.gif

Will answer questions later, far too tired now (and the chlorine in my eyes from swimming is hurting like %#$^...)

--------------------

DDR is my anti-drug.
Nova Dequus
Posted: Aug 31, 08:26:50 AM

Idria's Goon

Member No.: 139

QUOTE (Andrick @ Aug 30, 10:55:03 AM)

The joke here is that a Berliner is a jelly-roll-ish pastry...

Though as my HS German teacher put it, the folks of Berlin would have understood that someone not from their country would actually use the common way of making himself a person of the city (City name-er)

IIRC the correct term is Berlinburger...literally Berlin City Person.

And no he did not call himself a Jelly Doughnut, that's an urban legend that nobody took him seriously for it, as I've said, people would get the jist of I am a Person of Berlin, not I am a Jelly Doughnut

as an Aside, what does the word Oleikuk mean? (I think I selled it right)

and a virtual one to whoever gets it...since they don't usually keep long enough to send.

--------------------
Remember, Remember, the fifth of Novmber...

because more than Guy Fawkes day falls on it...
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 31, 11:59:06 AM

Apollo's Girlfriend

QUOTE (Nova Dequus @ Aug 31, 08:26:50 AM)
The joke here is that a Berliner is a jelly-roll-ish pastry...

Though as my HS German teacher put it, the folks of Berlin would have understood that someone not from their country would actually use the common way of making himself a person of the city (City name-er)

IIRC the correct term is Berlinburger...literally Berlin City Person.

And no he did not call himself a Jelly Doughnut, that's an urban legend that nobody took him seriously for it, as I've said, people would get the jist of I am a Person of Berlin, not I am a Jelly Doughnut.

Valid words, but in case you haven't been paying attention these past six years of hilarity, people like to jump on a high official whenever he or she makes any sort of verbal gaffe. In fact, exploiting these flubs is the only way some people know to put food on their families!

--------------------
Andrick
Posted: Aug 31, 01:07:56 PM

Obligatory Agitator

Yes, but it is apocryphal at best. If I were to introduce me friend to you as a New Yorker, you would more correctly assume that he was:
  • 1) A citizen from New York (city/state).
  • 2) A liberal magazine.
Berliner is just as good as Berlinburger, if not better since the people of Brlin refer to themselves as Berliners/Berlinens. Even the local paper titles itself as Berliner. For that matter, take the account of the person whom helped Kennedy with that line. The controversial article turns out to not be so contrversial.

I ask stuff like this to see who is still swayed by popular myths and legends, like the stories of J. Edgar Hoover being a transvestite or Senator McCarthy being an unpopular, paranoid witch-hunter. The closer the figures in question are to politics the more likely the truth is to be distorted. The internet is a useful, though not complete, tool for researching all the little things one has taken at face value to be true. *nudge* Don't take my word for it. *nudge* *grope* *push* G'wan.

--------------------
TriptychR
Posted: Aug 31, 06:08:02 PM

Apollo's Girlfriend

QUOTE (Andrick @ Aug 31, 01:07:56 PM)
Don't take my word for it.

user posted image

But yes, I agree with you that anything having to do with politics is most likely exaggerated or distorted. I don't trust the Internet as far as I can throw it to find the "truth," however. Unfortunately, the people who may have the real deal on a story have to fight for attention with people who want to tell you that deodorants cause cancer or 9/11 was an inside job.

Anyway, all this talk of donuts and burgers is making me hungry...

This post has been edited by TriptychR on Aug 31, 06:09:14 PM

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Untitled! General Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3826 seconds | Archive
Untitled: Making you uncool since 2000. This board © Gloria Pike.
Remember: Devon Loves Gloria!
And Gloria loves synthpop, but not as much as she loves Devon.

Et tu, Brute?
I am the very model of a modern Major General. This text is hidden!
Green is the colour of moss and ferns and trees and some fatamanders.

This text is also hidden.