Unofficial Transcendence Forum

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Unofficial Transcendence Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Captain's Primer completed
El_FluffyDragon
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 08:20 AM

Person Who Is Annoyed With Secrecy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The Captain's Primer (a manual/beginner's guide to Transcendence, written by players), is now completed, barring minor typos and errors. You can read it here.

--------------------
El_FluffyDragon | Supreme Snorgle, Unofficial Transcendence Forum | Get Firefox!
"Part of the atmosphere of roguelike games is finding some new toy without knowing what the heck it does, and mucking around with it until it either gives you a million dollars or explodes in your face." - Jason Miao
george moromisato
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 08:58 AM

Centurion-class
Group Icon

Group: Developer
Member No.: 2

Wonderful!

If it's OK with everyone, I would love to include the guide on the official web site as well. Let me know if that's OK.

If so, please let me know how you want your names to appear. I'm thinking of including all your names at the beginning of the guide--probably something like:

By abc, def, ... zyz (in alphabetic order)
Edited by El FluffyDragon (or Teslin K. R.?)

Is that OK? Or would you prefer having your name along with the section that you wrote? Either way, let me know.

And thanks very much for doing this!

-- George
gannon
Posted: Apr 23 2005, 09:01 AM

Your local archcannon dealer.

Group: Elite Pilots
Member No.: 5

I would be fine with it. Names at the begining would be fine.

--------------------
If you're wondering why no one else thought to do this
already, just remember that not everyone around here is as brilliant as you.
You at least are likely to have a kindergarten education.
Bremen
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 02:40 PM

Corsair-class

Group: Pilots
Member No.: 28

It's fine with me, whether or not I get credit.
Crom
Posted: Apr 24 2005, 11:22 PM

Ronin-class

Member No.: 16

Names as the start is fine with me as well...
Are we going to put our real names as well as our aliases?

--------------------
All shall fear the dreaded Pac-Man Blaster!
fossaman
Posted: Apr 26 2005, 06:26 PM

Corporate Minion

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 13

Because of the different writing styles, I think that having the author's name next to their sections will work better. I second Crom's question: Do you want our real names, or our psuedonyms?

I should point out that I started the original topic specifically because seeing

'In Progress...'

on the captain's primer page really bugged me! The whole point was for it to go on the official site!

--------------------
QUOTE (Frits)
It is not possible to release titanium barricades from your car window!
El_FluffyDragon
Posted: May 4 2005, 08:26 PM

The whole purpose of this Captain's Primer was to host it on the website, so go right ahead and host it, George. smile.gif

I agree with Fossaman that the names should probably be listed next to the sections, sort of like it is in the Compiled Captain's Primer thread. But a list of all the contributors (in a credits sort of format), might be nice at the end, as well.

As for the pseudonyms versus real names; I'd say whichever. If you want to volunteer your real name, feel free; if not, just give your pseudonym. Or a "real name (a.k.a pseudonym)" format, as I'd personally prefer.

--------------------
El_FluffyDragon | Supreme Snorgle, Unofficial Transcendence Forum | Get Firefox!
"Part of the atmosphere of roguelike games is finding some new toy without knowing what the heck it does, and mucking around with it until it either gives you a million dollars or explodes in your face." - Jason Miao
Crom
Posted: May 4 2005, 09:26 PM

Ronin-class

Member No.: 16

Okay... Cool, although some of my bits might need a little bit of html touching up. I actually intended to have some of the bits hyperlinked to other sections etc. biggrin.gif

For the record Cromwel Flores (aka Crom)

--------------------
All shall fear the dreaded Pac-Man Blaster!
El_FluffyDragon
Posted: Jun 4 2005, 08:37 AM

I'd make a HTML page to put on the site (graphics and all) except I don't have access to the source code for the main site. Presumably, you would want it to have the side bar and links to the rest of the site, which I couldn't add.

--------------------
goat_not_sheep
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 01:41 PM

Group: Elite Pilots
Member No.: 272

not many people are talking bout this

--------------------
OOTS newest comic is:#519! Click there->user posted image
For mods by GnS Industries, please click on a smiley:mellow.gifhuh.gifhappy.gifohmy.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif rolleyes.gif sleep.gifwub.gifangry.gifninja.gif

Be a Vampire!

**** SPOILER****
No really.... did you really want to see something here?
user posted imageuser posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Forum Announcements | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Quick Reply 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1470 seconds | Archive