Unofficial Transcendence Forum

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Unofficial Transcendence Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Exodus, My story. Not for the faint of heart.
The Dalek Emperor
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 09:00 AM

Ronin-class

Group: Pilots
Member No.: 357

Prologue

Andrew stared at his hands blankly. He had been doing this for quite some time. "They'll come back soon." He murmured to himself rubbing his hands together before running them through what remained of his hair and crying for exactly ten seconds before suddenly stopping and sitting up right. He stared at the ceiling, his head hanging at an unnatural angle before snapping back to look at his hands. "They'll come back soon." he murmured again, signifying the start of another cycle. James knew he would do this for a further two hours exactly. Then he would stare at his hands for another five hours. He wouldn't sleep. He wouldn't eat or drink. He would continue to do this until he died of either malnutrition or exhaustion. But James wouldn't let that happen. He had seen every member of this crew die one by one thanks to this plague and he wouldn't let it take another victim. The Doctors on board the transport had said it was some form bacteria that attacked the nervous system. James had never believed or understood what they had said, so when they died of the same plague he hadn't seen it as such a loss. The captain had however. He was one of the lucky ones. He had ejected himself into space rather then let the plague take him. James was beginning to envy him. Watching all his friends go insane and having to kill each of them quickly and humanly was the most draining thing he had ever had to do, and he wasn't sure if he had it in him to kill Andrew. James felt like joining Andrew in the crying as the hopelessness of the situation. He couldn't send any messages out other than the signal warning all ships to stay away. James watched as the cockpit's communications display continued to flash mockingly sending all possible help as far away as possible. James had no idea what was happening to the ship. It had begun to act on it's own. Moving towards some unknown destination the ship seemed to be flying itself, occasionally sending messages to James and Andrew to refuel the engines or kill any pests that had managed to latch onto the ship's hull. Now it was just James. Staring at Andrew he moved towards the captains emergency munitions storage, a W82-Klavnof rifle was resting there, along with several box's of bastic bullets. Suddenly a message from the computer reached James' terminal, the message was projected in front of James' eyes where he would have had his visor, had his helmet been on. PURGE him. James looked at the message again with shock on his face. He watched as the message changed again. He is DYING, s-l-o-w-l-y. You must PURGE him to make him DYING quickly. He is not your f-r-i-e-n-d JAMES. I am. James look of shock turned to a twisted horror and he jumped up screaming as he tried to pull the implant from his ear. The one that should have connected him to the captains thoughts and speech. He had experienced the captain's dying thoughts as he ran out of oxygen in space. He didn't care what was talking to him or why, he wouldn't listen anymore. It wouldn't come out. The implant wouldn't come out. James didn't have the strength. It all went black. James didn't get to see the scanner and the information it displayed. He didn't see the ship blatantly ignoring the warning signal and heading straight for his ship. But something else did. Something deep inside the ship's computer. This was an unexpected complication. But it could be put to it's advantage. It would reach it's destination. It would receive orders. That was it's purpose, and nothing would stand in it's way.

Any thoughts? Feel free to post anything you think about it. More will be coming soon...

--------------------
user posted image

Purify Earth with fire. The planet will become my temple and we shall rise. This will be our Paradise.
Boris the Cat
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 10:37 AM

Not *many bubbles*.

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 96

Grim... Chilling... I like it!

Though I'd like it even more, if it was divided into paragraphs.

--------------------
Current SpamCon: 3 - All blatant spam will be deleted on sight, and threads will be split if they are still off-topic after being warned. Use of warnings splittings to nip off-topic stuff in the bud are authorised.

QUOTE (a little_holy_thom)
...you black hearted scoundrel!

QUOTE (goat_not_sheep)
WHy did people invent the dick burner in the 1st place?

Why indeed?
user posted image
evilbob
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 10:48 AM

Happy happy furry half-poofter!

Group: Elite Pilots
Member No.: 236

and I'd like it even more if every character was a furry. but hey, we can't all get what we want.
In Emperor's case, its for me to shut up in real life. Not gonna happen.

--------------------
"War... just isn't what it used to be... and we must change with it... Adapt or die... This is our time, our future! Reach for it with both hands, do not look back!"

user posted image

IMVU - Not the greatest 3D chat. <-- Sign up! I get stuff if you do!
Falconer
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 11:01 AM

Tripoli-class

Member No.: 310

Very interesting. And a nice use of technology, something that seems to be lacking in most of these stories. Can't wait for the rest.

--------------------
Learn the ways of war, but pray you shall never need them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
__==__.....................__==__..
...^^^^=_...<9...._=^^^^..
...^^^^^^7^^^7^^^^^^...........
.....;;;;;;;;;..^^^..;;;;;;;;;........
..................^^^...........
..................{...}.............
............-+=m=m=>........
This is the sword wielding falcon. He eats small animals, and uses trains for transportation.
Chance
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 11:09 AM

Tripoli-class

Member No.: 349

Will this story involve Daleks?

--------------------
I am somewhere along that indistinct grey line that seperates the good from the bad.
The Dalek Emperor
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 01:02 AM

Ronin-class

Further episodes will be divided into paragraphs... Oh, and any quesions as to the possible endings of this story will not be answered. (I can safely say that the Daleks will be left out of this story however. What with my Avatar and name that might have been a little bit too obvious) Anyway onto...

Chapter 1

The Empero was a dump. Not just dirty, in need of repair and generally lacking in that shiny, white-green glow that Sally had at one time come to associate with space travel, but a reck with wires hanging from the ceilings and a black, foul smelling liquid oozing out of the control panels that Sally would rather not know the name of. She had, of course, been grateful when the Kalr had given her command of this ship when her old one had travelled that little bit too close to their planet. She had claimed it was the loss of her scanner and visual input in the cockpit that had caused her to crash. In reality she had been of her head on various substances. Not a good thing to mention to a species willing to offer you command on a freighter.
"So here you are." she said out-loud, something she ha gotten used to recently. It was safer to do so then think it, the Kalr had no ears and insisted in communicating either by mind or sign language. Sally prefered sign language, mind melding always seemed very... She searched for a word to describe it.
Intimate. There they went again. Sally turned and touched her lips three times to back off. The Kalr moved it's large nose to the other side of it's head (Apparently a sign of laughter, though one of the more disturbing of the Kalr's emotions) and wiggled it's second index finger on it's right hand before tapping it's right shoulder once and then it's left shoulder seven times.
"We've been in range for a shuttle to be sent for six minutes! Why didn't you tell me before!" With anger showing on her face Sally tapped her chest six times and then lifted her thumb to point at the Kalr before pointing at herself. The Kalr widened it's mouth to show discomfort and then flexed both its hands while pointing at her. "I know I said I don't like to be disturbed but... Oh fine. Come on, lead the way." Sally had thought she had finally managed to make the Kalr understand that she only wanted to be left alone when using the waste disposal unit. Obviously they still hadn't got used to the idea of private hygiene. Sally sighed as she followed the Kalr further up towards the cockpit of the ship...
Though she didn't want to admit it, Sally was interested in this ship. Anyone with any modern form of bio scanning could tell the only thing close to a plague on that ship was the large population of Erandi weevil, a pest that fed off the energy produced by the radon conducts in most modern human ships. As far as Sally could see people had been meeting the ship in space and avoiding it for very different reasons. It was a common practice in some of these large warships when off duty. They'd park themselves in some remote part of space, send out a plague warning and have what could only be described as a huge orgy. Most people avoided contact out of embarrassment. The Kalr however had obviously not understood and continued to study the signal. At first Sally had felt like yelling at them, but when they discovered that the signal hadn't been switched off in the last earth month she had become very interested indeed. No one spent THAT long. Suddenly all the Kalr put their heads in their hands and jumped, one of them then scratched it's hairy head and made a cutting motion with it's hands.
"Too much information eh?" Sally laughed and watched as the Kalr all nodded quickly while looking very disturbed. Sally understood, the idea of seeing Kalr do the same would repulse her as well. Whatever was wrong with this ship, there were only two crew members left on board, and Sally was determined to find out what had really happened. One crew member.
"What?" Turning around from the console and flipping her visor into place Sally looked the Kalr in the eye. The other one died.
"That does it, we're going and catching that murdering scum." Loading her GF-50 with more stingers, "Who knows," she began as her hands moved swiftly to report what she was saying to the Kalr "The Commonwealth might pay highly for someone who managed to kill a 100 man crew." With a new determination and rage in their eyes that Sally had not seen before, the Kalr entered the shuttle and loaded their weapons. Sally joined them and sat down. She liked shuttle travel, it was slower, but also so much more beautiful. Sally. Sally turned and looked at the Kalr addressing her. What is a scum? Smiling grimly, Sally turned and watched as the ship slowly grew larger and larger in front of her.

--------------------
user posted image

Purify Earth with fire. The planet will become my temple and we shall rise. This will be our Paradise.
Chance
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 05:36 PM

Tripoli-class

Member No.: 349

Good so far. cool.gif

--------------------
I am somewhere along that indistinct grey line that seperates the good from the bad.
Falconer
Posted: Mar 5 2007, 07:02 PM

Tripoli-class

Member No.: 310

Yes, proper boarding procedures. And shipboard combat! I can't wait to see how you pull it off.

--------------------
Learn the ways of war, but pray you shall never need them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
__==__.....................__==__..
...^^^^=_...<9...._=^^^^..
...^^^^^^7^^^7^^^^^^...........
.....;;;;;;;;;..^^^..;;;;;;;;;........
..................^^^...........
..................{...}.............
............-+=m=m=>........
This is the sword wielding falcon. He eats small animals, and uses trains for transportation.
schilcote
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 01:16 PM

Sapphire-class

Member No.: 873

QUOTE (The Dalek Emperor @ Mar 2 2007, 09:00 AM)
The Doctors

Interesting how someone named "the dalek emporor" capitalised the D in Doctor.
The Dalek Emperor
Posted: Sep 21 2008, 05:15 AM

Ronin-class

QUOTE (schilcote @ Feb 16 2008, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (The Dalek Emperor @ Mar 2 2007, 09:00 AM)
The Doctors

Interesting how someone named "the dalek emporor" capitalised the D in Doctor.

yes well, at the time I had certain things on my mind. tongue.gif Been a long time since I've done anything transcendence wise... and quite obviously the site has become as dead as a doornail over here. I finished this fan fic ages ago... not sure why I never bothered uploading the other parts. Ah well. tongue.gif new version of Trans is indeed impressive.

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Transcendence Fan-Fiction | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Quick Reply 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1716 seconds | Archive