zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Tol Eressea. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tol Eressëa is a Tolkien writers roleplay. We are G-rated & well moderated. If you like to write, come join our friendly community of roleplayers as a Tolkien book character. We also have an area for original poetry, short stories and artwork. Many of our members are also playing Lord of the Rings Online and you will find us there on the Landroval server in the kinship Leaves of Laurelin. Come join us there.

Of Men
Edheldae
Posted: Jan 17 2010, 08:11 PM

Einior

Group: Tauristo
Member No.: 445

Hello all. We're close to wrapping up the Tears Unnumbered thread and naturally, my brain starts spinning again. I've been thinking about both a scene and a new storyline to start if others are interested.

So a question - are there others here interested in participating in either a scene or a new storyline set in the 1st age?

Obviously I'm interested in #2 below based on the title of this post but I'd also like to get others involved. I'm very willing to create a scene or start a new roleplay based on what others are most interested in.

Please reply or PM me with ideas or suggestions.

Ideas:
1. A scene where the hosts of Fingolfin arrive in Mithrim and re-unite with their Noldorin kin. Maedhros is saved and the kingship passes to Fingolfin. The action would take place in the Noldorin camp at Lake Mithrim, events outside the camp related by messenger or discussion. Scene ends with Fingolfin receiving the fealty of Maedhros.

2. A storyline following the arrival of Bor the Easterling into Beleriand, highlighting the experience of Men living among the Eldar. Bor and his sons take service with Maedhros and Maglor after Dagor Bragollach, serve faithfully in the Union of Maedhros and redeem their vows by slaying the other treacherous Easterlings Ulfang and his sons. Ultimately Bor's sons take their people back east after the Nírnaeth Arnoediad after only 20 years or so. It is likely these people became the ancestors of the societies of Bree and Dale.

3. A scene where the last vestiges of Nargothrond and Gondolin struggle to survive in the Sirion delta. They receive the forceful request to return the Silmaril and must meet with the Feanorian's messengers and return their answer. Scene is set in one of their settlements. The scene would be ended when the messengers are sent away with the answer.
Glorfindel
Posted: Jan 23 2010, 05:14 PM

Balrog Slayer

Member No.: 1

I will support any roleplay you decide to do. If we do the second I will need to read up on men however, as I am an Elf geek. 00000021.gif

Also, if you read the start (very first post) of Tears Unnumbered you will see where we actually wanted to go with the roleplay but we took the wrong road. whistling.gif

--------------------
Glorfindel was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
Maedhros
Posted: Jan 23 2010, 05:31 PM

Thalion

Group: Members
Member No.: 593

Edheldae, I'm not sure if you saw my reply in another thread where I explained that Tears Unnumbered is not wrapping up. It will continue, hopefully to the point you describe in your first proposal. I IM'd Glor today to make sure we were on the same page about TU. Everyone is welcome to continue participating in TU or to create new characters for it.

Of course, another roleplay could begin, though I don't know if I'd have time for it. I'd just hate to see TU dry up.

--------------------
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air—
I have a rendezvous with Death
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

--Alan Seeger
Dirael
Posted: Jan 24 2010, 03:02 AM

Gwain

Group: Members
Member No.: 652

I'm fine with any of your suggestions. Just give me a day or so to refresh my memory and I'm ready to go.

--------------------
"Nobody said elves were good. Elves are EVIL."
Terry Prachet
Edheldae
Posted: Jan 25 2010, 01:07 PM

Einior

Member No.: 445

Thanks for the replies thus far. "Wrapping up" is kinda like elven time versus mortal time. 00000022.gif Yes, I was thinking we would bring Tears Unnumbered up to the point listed in option #1 above.

True, that leaves lots of new character introduction available as the elven host falls back from the parley site and retires to Mithrim to figure out what to do. If you'd prefer to include that scene description at the end of TU, that's great.

I was trying to be sensitive to your desire to focus on school. Thought you were trying to draw down TU so you could focus a bit more...

I don't want to draw off interest in TU but was hoping to get a few varied stories going.
Glorfindel
Posted: Jan 25 2010, 01:23 PM

Balrog Slayer

Member No.: 1

There were times on this site we had 7 to 10 roleplay titles going at once. wacko.gif I just don't have the time to do that any more nor do we have the participation.

Two or three scenes is more manageable. Also, just two or three writers per story makes things easier to move forward, especially if you add non playing characters to get involved with that you can control. I find that if I have to wait two weeks to sometimes 3 months for a roleplay to continue I (and others) lose our way as well as our interest.

I see no reason why we can't have another scene roleplay while TU continues.

--------------------
Glorfindel was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Disclaimer: The items contained on this site are works of written roleplay, poetry and short stories. They have been created because the authors enjoy writing and have a boundless admiration for the works of J R R Tolkien.

The book characters, settings, places, and languages used on this roleplay board should be considered the property of the Tolkien Estate, Tolkien Enterprises, and perhaps in some cases New Line Cinema. The writing, original characters, original artwork, and original poetry belong to the authors themselves. The authors will not receive or accept any money or other remuneration for presenting their work on this site, it is for their own enjoyment and the enjoyment of those who read what is written here.

Of The Return Of the Noldor

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0290 seconds · Archive