zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Tol Eressea. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tol Eressëa is a Tolkien writers roleplay. We are G-rated & well moderated. If you like to write, come join our friendly community of roleplayers as a Tolkien book character. We also have an area for original poetry, short stories and artwork. Many of our members are also playing Lord of the Rings Online and you will find us there on the Landroval server in the kinship Leaves of Laurelin. Come join us there.

New Member Roleplay Questions, Put your questions here.
kasumi12
  Posted: Apr 9 2010, 11:49 AM

Bara

Group: Members
Member No.: 654

Why isn't there a thread for members to post their roleplays in? Just create a thread saying Roleplays Here. Other sites have this. Those roleplays could be about Tolkien's works or other things. Make two threads. This site is too complicated, you need to have less threads. No wonder it's not as active.

--------------------
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo
Glorfindel
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 12:53 PM

Balrog Slayer

Group: Tauristo
Member No.: 1

Did you read this? How to start a roleplay.

It describes how to put in a roleplay here but it might not be very clear to you because most of the roleplays that started like that are in the Halls of Mandos because I moved them. (look at the first post of each old roleplay and you will learn a lot from it. Anyway, you first post in Put Your Ideas Here (create a new thread there). Then in your first post discuss what you want the roleplay to be about and who you want to take part in it. People comment in the thread that they would like a role or they might give you some ideas. Once you decide on a roleplay and what it will be about I will make the thread for it with the name you give it and it starts off.

--------------------
Glorfindel was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
kasumi12
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 12:59 PM

Bara

Yes, but I mean without all that brainstorming, and the members get to make the thread for the roleplay.

--------------------
Glorfindel
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 04:10 PM

Balrog Slayer

So you mean just a day to day type roleplay, a meet and greet roleplay? You can start that too. Name it. A place to happen. A date. And go from there.

Here is a made up example.
===============
Name: Rivendell Tales
Place: Hall of Fire, in Elrond's house.
Date: A month after Frodo left with the fellowship.
Characters needed: Bilbo Baggins, Elf characters etc.

The large room is mostly vacant but there is a warm fire in the huge fireplace that throws light upon the faces of those who are there. It is one month since the Fellowship left and even the youngest Elf knows change is in the future.

===============

So in the case of this example I would start a new thread and title it Rivendell Tales. Then my first post would detail the setting of the roleplay by "painting a picture" of where roleplayers will be so they can react within that scene. Then you might start with another post after it with your roleplay character to give others a chance to interact with you. Does this make sense? grin.gif

--------------------
Glorfindel was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength.

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
kasumi12
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 04:37 AM

Bara

Yes! I just need a place to put it.

--------------------
Maedhros
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 03:05 PM

Thalion

Member No.: 593

Start a new thread in the "Scene Roleplay" section to begin your roleplay.

--------------------
I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air—
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

--Alan Seeger
Edheldae
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 05:45 PM

Einior

Member No.: 445

I think Kasumi has a point. Under what board would I post a new topic? See my example. Can only post a "new scene" aka thread / aka new topic in an existing forum, not an existing board.
Maedhros
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 07:34 PM

Thalion

Son of a gun, you're right. It would be good for members to be able to start a new scene roleplay thread. I didn't realize they couldn't.

--------------------

--Alan Seeger
Glorfindel
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 11:01 PM

Balrog Slayer

Anyone who is a member can post a scene roleplay thread (new topic). They cannot start a new category or forum.

Post any new roleplay in the Scene Roleplay forum as a new topic. Once a roleplay starts with active roleplayers I will give it its own space like I did for Unnumbered Tears, either in the Roleplay Forum or the Scene Forum. An administrator must do this. Sorry if I was not clear on this.

--------------------

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
kasumi12
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 06:08 AM

Bara

Do the roleplays have to be based on Tolkien's work?

--------------------
Glorfindel
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 10:01 AM

Balrog Slayer

Yes, all writing should definitely be based on Tolkien's work. 00000089.gif

--------------------

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
kasumi12
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 11:53 AM

Bara

Then I will not create one.

--------------------
Glorfindel
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 03:32 PM

Balrog Slayer

There are many other roleplay boards who do other roleplay ideas. I am wondering why you joined this one if you did not wish to roleplay in Tolkien's universe. What are you interested in roleplaying, maybe I can find one that would suit you?

--------------------

Glorfindel Biography

I promote:
user posted image
Maedhros
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 06:09 PM

Thalion

I'm confused, Kasumi. You said you wanted to write about Lord of the Rings. That's Tolkien's most famous work. Now you're saying you won't create a roleplay if it has to be about Tolkien's work? We have all been trying to help you on this site, especially Glorfindel.

--------------------

--Alan Seeger
kasumi12
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 02:06 PM

Bara

I just wanted to know where to post it if I was creating one. tongue.gif

EDIT: It's not that confusing...

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Disclaimer: The items contained on this site are works of written roleplay, poetry and short stories. They have been created because the authors enjoy writing and have a boundless admiration for the works of J R R Tolkien.

The book characters, settings, places, and languages used on this roleplay board should be considered the property of the Tolkien Estate, Tolkien Enterprises, and perhaps in some cases New Line Cinema. The writing, original characters, original artwork, and original poetry belong to the authors themselves. The authors will not receive or accept any money or other remuneration for presenting their work on this site, it is for their own enjoyment and the enjoyment of those who read what is written here.

Of The Return Of the Noldor

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0432 seconds · Archive