zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The New Jedi Order. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Bounty Hunt
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 5 2005, 12:13 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

OOC: I have a proposal for a new style of roleplaying. In this thread only, I will act as a Game Master. The thread will revolve around a bounty hunt for a Jedi on the surface of Moria. Bounty Hunters, Sith, or others may participate. As Game Master, I will control all NPC's as well as determine the outcome of players' actions. The players will be responsible for their characters alone. The events of this thread will occur outside of the events of other threads so your character can die. This doesn't mean I will go on a killing rampage, but if you do something stupid, or impossible it could lead to your death. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, and if admin doesn't like this roleplaying style then they should delete this and contact me. The winner of the hunt receives the reward.

J'klo Tyke, the Prime Minister of Moria, stood in front of a motley assortment of thugs, bounty hunters, assasins, Sith and others.

TYKE: We cannot let this get into the public, but there is an enemy running amuck on Moria. A Jedi has visited the planet and this threatens the security of our citizens as well, as the privacy of some of our "special" clients. The government of Moria is willing to pay 5 million credits to the one who can apprehend the Jedi dead or alive. The Jedi is a Sullustian. We know little more than that. Good luck!
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 5 2005, 04:59 PM

Arna High-King

Member No.: 21

Feerse makes his way through a nest of bounty hunters.

FEERSE: Mister Prime Minister, I feel that the easiest way to get rid of threats is to find someone you can trust. Who can persuade, manipulate, and rule people to help in the hunt. What you need is me, Darth Feerse. I will rid of this threat to your society on Morria and will make sure it stays this way. I understand I may be a darker Jedi, but I'm a Jedi that can be trusted.
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 5 2005, 05:54 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

TYKE: I know you have been associated with the Sith, Lord Feerse, and for many years the Moria system has been allied with Sith. We would be grateful for your assistance in the riddance of the Jedi threat.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 5 2005, 06:32 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse shakes his head at the word "Sith". No one seems to care though.

FEERSE: I will search for him now, unlike these other bounty hunters that are just sitting around.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 10:23 PM

The Word of Blake

Member No.: 13

OCC: I asked Kavia to make my guy's home planet a place to go, I'm glad that its being used

Admiral Elinai Kiliyes steped on the serface. His feline ears twitched in the breeze. It felt good to be on his home planet.

A pair of Marines noded at him as he walked in to J'klo Tyke's place. He nocked on the door and wated to get in...
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 6 2005, 11:55 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse heard the noise on the door.

FEERSE: May I...?

Feerse opened the door with the Force.

FEERSE: Ah, Admiral. Nice to see you back on Moria. How was your trip?
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 7 2005, 04:24 PM

The Word of Blake

OCC: Just so you know, CPG stands for Charge Particle Gun. There CPGs in orbit around Moria, in comb with planet side Ion cannons. Not much is getin' to the serface in one peace!

Kiliyes:What has happened to the Queen? I must know! Queen Tia is missing and you will tell me where she is!
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 02:21 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

TYKE winced: Admiral, I am sorry to say that the Queen’s disappearance has much to do with the arrival of the Jedi. We were hoping the spliced footage of the Queen’s previous public appearances would suffice, but I see you were not so easily fooled. We lack the time and resources to put together a force to find the Jedi and save the Queen, so we are hiring bounty hunters. I assure you that we take only the highest standards when hiring these “contractors.”

((Because this is run by a Gamemaster, I should give you information about this area of the Capital city (Kiliyes can PM me to correct this info if he does not approve):

2 Cantinas: The Moldy Cauldron, and The Green Dragon
4 Hotels
5 Restaurants
8 Office Skyscrapers (ranging from 6-12 stories)
The Capital (where the parliament meets)
Moria Castle (home of the Queen)

Any logistical questions should be directed to the Gamemaster.))
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 04:09 PM

The Word of Blake

OCC:You just forgot the Morian Marine Base in the city. The rest is a-o-k.

Kiliyes:My Marines can find the Jedi and bring back the Queen! Not some to bit bounty hunters!
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 8 2005, 11:30 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse looked disgruntled.

FEERSE: I am not just a "two bit bounty hunter", I am a Arn--I am a Sith!

Feerse looked as if he had almost given something away.

FEERSE: I will prove more of a usefulness than these Morian Marines. While you and your Marines sit here, I will be out there, using the only weapon effective against the Jedi...the Force...which unfortunatly(sp?) for you, you do not have.

Feerse leaves the The Capital, wasting no time.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 12:15 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:"Huph! I will be going to. I have a squad of Marines and an AT-ST/A. We will find the Jedi. Is he to be dead or alive?
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 03:57 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

*to Kiliyes

TYKE: She is very much alive and roaming the capitol.

*to Feerse

You step out on a sidewalk along a busy street with landspeeders, various mounted animals, and pedestrians of a variety of species.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 04:17 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:Should we kill her or bring her back alive?
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 06:18 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

TYKE: Anything to get her off the streets. Please Admiral, speed is of the utmost importance.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 9 2005, 11:48 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse is using the Force to find his way around. He senses a strength in the Force, he follows it to it's location. Great, a giant crowd. These people were Force dwellers whether they knew it or not. His use of the Force to catch the Jedi was useless now, and he now had a weakness, but that didn't stop him. He walked along, hiding his yellow/red eyes from as many people as possible. Suddenly he felt a great power in the Force, like a death.

FEERSE: What the--

It obviously wasn't a Jedi, as many bounty hunters crowded around him.

((BTW, these bounty hunters are going to be controlled by me, so if I kill them, it won't be god-modding. Unless you have something against it, Oboe.))

Feerse, took out his lightsaber, flinging it around violently, yet controlling his attacks. Feerse used his Force Reroute power and made his opponents duel themselves to death. One was left standing.

FEERSE: Were you hired to kill the Jedi or me!?

HUNTER: The--the Jedi...

FEERSE: Well, that is my bounty, whether you like it or not.

Feerse uses his dark side lightning to destroy the bounty hunter. He then walks on.

FEERSE: This is gonna be harder than I thought...
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 10:36 AM

The Word of Blake

A group of Marines comes up on the dead bounty hunters...

Marine1:"What? What happed here?"

Marine Captian:"It looks like a lightsaber did this *Sees Feerse* HEY! STOP!

Marine2:"Put down your wepeon!"

OCC:Morians can't be force tricked. They have little force power but make up for it with strong will. But they are very trusting. Lies work the best.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 11:57 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE: [Lie] These weren't just normal bounty hunters, they were sent to destroy this city from Tatooine. Seems like Lord Hawk wants us dead.

Feerse hoped graciously that they would buy into his lie. Maybe, if they did, they could help his plan to remove Hawk from power on Tatooine...once the task at hand was completed.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 11 2005, 12:16 PM

The Word of Blake

Marine Captain:Ah, I see. We will go to see Commander Soha. Maybe he can send a Mako Class Stealth Ship to Tatooine. See whats going on there.

Marine1:"Good day to you"

Marine2:"Obay the laws on Moria, offworlder"
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 11 2005, 02:39 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

((Because I can't be on as often as I'd like, I think this thread should go to regular roleplaying. You guys are doing okay without a game master. I'll be Oboe, instead. This is an idea, but it could be where Oboe gets his original debt to Feerse.))

Oboe had left the capital feeling dissapointed. He wanted to play a bounty hunter, but a Jedi was too much work. He looked around for a girl to share a drink with. There was one at a cantina, The Dragon.

OBOE: Can I get you a drink?

The girl subtley moved her fingers, "You will leave me alone."

Oboe realized he should have left her alone, and he started to leave.

"Wait," she cried.

She repeated the hand gesture, "You will help me hide from the authorities, con artist."

OBOE: Okay.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 11 2005, 10:32 PM

The Word of Blake

What a strange world it is, Admiral Kiliyes walks into the Dragon and sits next of Oboe. Its ezey to tell his is an Admiral because he has all his medals and ribions on.

Kiliyes(To bartender):"Hey! I could use some Morian Ale.

Bartender:"Of corse, hey, how is the Obital Grid holding up"

Kiliyes(To bartender):"Not well, the Malta's power plant blew up, it had to take the worker droids with it. We need some new droids for labor.:

Kiliyes(To Oboe):"You look like a good fellow, and your in my favorite cantina. Do you know where I could get labor droids. I would pay well, and (Quitely) if you need other things done, I could do that to."
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 12 2005, 11:47 AM

Arna High-King

Feerse was becoming real thirsty, his hunt for the Jedi had taken much longer than expected. He walked into the cantina. The same amount of Force energy was in the cantina as out in the city. He walked up to the Twi-lek (Oboe).

FEERSE: Hey, I'm new here. You up for some rounds of Morian Ale and some Sabacc?
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 12 2005, 12:11 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:I will play if he will (Points at Oboe) a three way Sabacc pot and drinks on me!
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 11:27 AM

Con Artist/Gambler

Oboe looked around. The attractive girl was gone, and now these men were offering him drinks and game of sabacc. Unconciously Oboe withdrew his rigged Sabacc deck, and started dealing the cards.

Any attempt to read Oboe's mind will reveal the intense distraction that he must keep the girl hidden. He is not thinking at all about the rigged deck.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 12:50 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:(Comes back with drinks)"Lets play some sabacc. (Puts down 50 creds) My open bid."
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 01:12 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse puts down 50 as well.

FEERSE (To Self): Ah, these guys don't know I have the Force...I can use it against them.
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 02:59 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

Oboe tossed in his 50 creds, and dealt out the cards. Using his uv vision he read the tags on his opponents cards. The Morian Admiral had a 20, the Iridonian had a 17 and he himself had a 12. He was considering whether or not to bluff, when the girl reentered the cantina. He could not help, but stare, and wonder how she could have such power over him.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 05:04 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse saw Oboe staring at the woman, so he too looked over. The Force was strong with her.

FEERSE: Hey, do you know that woman over there?
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 05:13 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

OBOE: Her? I dunno. I wouldn't worry about it...I'll draw a card.

@#%#$, he thought. That brought his total down to 6.

The cards shifted:

Feerse: 21

Kiliyes: 14

Oboe: -18
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 05:21 PM

Arna High-King

((I really never heard of Sabacc, what's the point of it?))

Feerse sensed something.

FEERSE: [Persuade] This game doesn't seem right, let's use a new pack of cards instead. While we switch, you can tell me about the woman.
Vynn Raith
Posted: Feb 13 2005, 06:05 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34

OOC: For the rules of Sabacc, go here> http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~jae/sw/Various/Sabrules.html
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 07:49 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

OOC: That's the way "earthlings" play it. The simplified rules are like blackjack. Who ever is closer to positive or negative 23 wins. However, the cards are constantly shifting values. A winning hand can become a bomb out in seconds.

OBOE: [Failure] I don't have any other cards. [Success] The woman? I honestly don't know where I've seen her before today. I really don't know why I'm so attracted, she not that pretty.

The woman noticed the trio playing cards and sits at a table in the back corner of the cantina.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 10:22 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:[Persuade]"Shes a woman man. Don't turn her down...You don't know when you might get another chance. Go and talk to her."
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 14 2005, 11:18 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE: This is your first and final warning, if you don't talk to her, than I will.
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 02:06 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

Oboe scowled and walked over to the girl. OBOE: Hi, would you like to join our game?

GIRL: Who are your friends?

OBOE: I dunno, just some friendly natives. You aren't from around here are you?

GIRL: Do you know that one is a Military Admiral, and the second is a Sith?

Oboe jumped: They're what!?

GIRL:[Force Persuade] I think they're both hunting me, but you can help can't you?

OBOE: I can help you.

He returned to the game. OBOE: She wasn't interested in much conversation.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 07:18 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:"What was that funny hand movement she did?"
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 07:25 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse did not notice the hand wave.

FEERSE: That must mean she's interested in someone like me. I'm going to go check her out.
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 07:53 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

OBOE: NO!...I mean...let's finish the game.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 15 2005, 08:24 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE: Oh...I see. Ok, lets finish.

Feerse is looking at his cards. He used the calling turn and made everyone show their cards. Feerse had the closest to 23, so he won the pot.

FEERSE: I guess I'm lucky today...

Feerse looks back over at the woman.

FEERSE: I'm gonna go see what she thinks about you, I'll be back.

Feerse gets up and walks over to the woman.
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 04:19 PM

The Word of Blake

Kiliyes:"Damn, I had 20...that was all the drinking money that my wife game me...oh well, nasty habit eneywhey."
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 16 2005, 05:24 PM

Arna High-King

Feerse goes to the woman over in the corner.

FEERSE: Hey, I noticed you were alone and I thought I'd come to keep you company.

WOMAN: [Force Persuade] You will leave me be.

FEERSE: [Failed] That was a Jedi mind trick! What is a Jedi like you doing on Moria?

Feerse remembered the bounty, but he decided to listen to her.

((This was the point in time that Feerse decided to make the Arna, so whoever makes her answer, don't make her go all crazy on me))
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 02:02 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

JEDI: I sense that you are not Sith, so I will tell you. I came here to foil an assassin attempt on the Queen by the Sith. The Council has forseen that she will play a major role in restoring a force using faction to power. Traditionally there has always been a battle between the Jedi and the Sith, and the Queen could be the puzzle piece that will end the war between the light and dark sides. Fortunately, the Sith have lost their power on Moria, and some small, Force-Adept cult have taken power. The council is confident that this side will be persuaded aid our ethical ranks. Unfortunately, the local government has taken my endeavors to be an attempt to kidnap the Queen.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 03:58 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE: This Force-Adept faction, you're talking about the Arna. Perhaps we should make our way to the government palace and discuss this with the high-ranked officials. But, there will be many bounty hunters on our path so we must tread softly and stay alert. Wait here.

Feerse walked back over to the table.

FEERSE: I'm afraid I will not be able to play another game. I will leave my earnings here and pick them up when I return.

Feerse goes back over to the Jedi.

FEERSE: Alright, let's go.

((I tried to set up for Oboe getting the money.))
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 04:22 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

The girl laughed when she heard the seriousness in which Feerse said the word Arna.

JEDI: You honestly don't think these guys have anything going for them. I doubt their much more powerful than the witches of Dathomir.

She has made no motion to leave with Feerse.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 05:19 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE: Lady, the Arna gives someone freedom. The Arna give people a chance in life. When was the last time a true Jedi fell in love? When they fell to the Sith. When was the last time a true Sith hated killing? When the fell the the Jedi. When was the last time a Force Sensitive took away his chains, kept peace and rule, fell in love, and didn't let anyone trample over them? When they turned to the Arna for help. The Arna is not just a faction for certain people who believe in exactly what I believe, it's for people who don't wanna be stuck with one way of living and experience more.

Feerse reminisced on his searching through the archives.

FEERSE: What about when Revan turned from the Jedi. Did you try to see what went wrong, and that maybe something in the teachings had been flawed? No, you blamed Revan and his fight to protect the Republic as "dark" actions. And when the famous exile went to help Revan, and came back for his sentencing...the ONLY one to ever come back...did you even try to understand why he did what he did? No, you sentenced him to exile and blamed him.

Feerse came back and stared at the Jedi.

FEERSE: I was once a Jedi Master, Master Nayr Enaek. I was once a Sith Lord, Lord Feerse. And after experiencing both, I realized something...they both were flawed. They both had things that no one liked and everyone knew that. So, I knew that the only way to keep order within the religions was to make one without restrictions, blames, or light or dark. I made a neutral religion, where people could express how they felt and everyone would listen...and give chances.

Feerse now thought he made a breakthrough.

FEERSE: I am not asking you to join the Arna, nor am I asking you to turn from the Jedi. I'm asking you to think of the flaws, think of the problems, and see how you could fix them. Perhaps then, the Arna and the Jedi could unite against the Sith, and make a peaceful and restriction-free galaxy.

FEERSE: I'll be honest, I was sent to collect a bounty on your head, but I will not accept. Just consider what I have said. For now, I will go to the palace and discuss this with the governmental officials.

Feerse walked back to the table to collect his earnings.

FEERSE: Hey! Where's my money?!
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 06:01 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

Oboe was gone, as was the money. ((I hope this isn't god-modding.)) Kiliyes was passed out on the table due to a tricky Naboo drug, Oboe had slipped into his drink.

When Feerse turned back to the girl she was gone with a Datapad in her place.

Datapad:

It is very easy to say the Arna encompasses everything, in fact that is how the Jedi were started. However, the Jedi have evolved into an organization that cannot allow love. Why? Because love spawns irrationality. If someone in love must choose between their lover and a hundred, thousand beings, they will save their lover. Like you said, the Jedi order is not perfect. Love is still present. The bond between masters and their padowans is as strong as any other love, but with it comes understanding. No master would end love if he or she could because it is a part of life, and therefore is a part of the Force. Plus, some of your views are outdated. Master Skywalker is working very hard to create a balance b/w love and the Force, and now he is married.

I think your Arna have evolved from a fear of joining a group. You are not evil, or power-hungry so you have not joined the Sith, but for some reason you are afraid of the Jedi. You surely cannot wish to kill the Jedi or others, but if you admit that, you are betraying your neutrality.

You are a good being, and you can use your goodness to help the galaxy. Meet me at the Jedi Academy some time. We can continue our conversation.
Darth Feerse
Posted: Feb 20 2005, 06:27 PM

Arna High-King

FEERSE (Self): Afraid of the Jedi? She does not understand the true nature of the Arna. But, I will meet her at the academy. I wonder where that Oboe has gone. Once I find him...

With that Feerse got on his ship and left for the academy.

((Oboe, I think you should make a new account with a name for this Jedi 'cause you're doin' a good job at it.))
Oboe Falcon
Posted: Feb 21 2005, 02:38 PM

Con Artist/Gambler

((Grr...I don't like Force-users, but I will do it.))
Admiral Kiliyes
Posted: Feb 22 2005, 04:34 PM

The Word of Blake

lol

Its OK, i was gonna pass out my guy soon eneyway.
Darth Feerse
Posted: May 29 2005, 02:51 AM

Arna High-King

((So...it's been three months since someone posted in this topic...what happened to the Queen? lol biggrin.gif ))
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 05:15 AM

Bounty Hunter

Member No.: 123

You feel a blaster pressed into your back.
"Would you really like to know, Sith..."
you feel a blade against your throat.
"... and dont try any fancy lightsaber moves, my armours made of cortosis, your saber wont work on me..."
Saesee Tiin
Posted: Jun 8 2005, 01:00 AM

Iktotchi Bounty Hunter for the Jedi Council

Member No.: 139

Saesee gives an impatient sigh. "What are we doin' here Rythmear? You failed to tell me as we hurtled through space." He said as he made a stupid imitation of a ship with his hand. "Can't we just go get a real job from the council? Or from the Hutts?"
« Next Oldest | Moria | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0423 seconds · Archive