Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The New Jedi Order. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to the Titan!, A giant megastore in space...
Gaara Vi-Castia
Posted: May 31 2005, 09:38 AM

Rogue Jedi

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

The Titan Trader, a massive vessel purely designed for intergalactic trade, floated through the depths of space, near the heart of the Republic. Hundreds of thousands of shoppers transversed the brightly-lit corridors of the space station. Shoppers searching for items ranging in uses from personal to military alike mingled in the heated atmosphere.

Thousands of potential customers docked in the huge docking bays lining either side of the space station. They always came in droves, as Logurn Syyrac was never in one place for long. After a few days he gives the order for all trading to cease, all vendors to strap themselves in and prepare for hyperspace. The very fact that the gigantic space station possessed a hyperdrive was amazing. Logurn had spent much of his personal wealth in its creation. Luckily, it had paid off. Now he could go where the money was, when he wanted.

The station was covered in transmitter signals. It practically screamed out on radar systems. Logurn wanted anyone and everyone to find it; it didn't matter who. Ever since his reputation as a trader had become monolithic, he didn't fear hostility. Not only was the space station covered in defensive mechanisms and firepower, but who would want to destroy such a fountain of wealth? Only his supply freighters needed any real defending, and Logurn took good care of that.

He sat in a vast observation deck, filled with VIP and other important staff on the ship. His wife sat next to him, conversing with a friend of hers in Neimoidian. Logurn was simultaenously admiring the huge, open courtyard before him, filled with shoppers and vendors alike, and the multiple televisor screens suspended before him.
'The wonder of it,' he muttered to himself. 'The sheer grandness. So much currency exchange. So many deals being made. Ah, an entire space station... filled with it.'

Almost anything can be found on the space station, and everything at a reasonable price. As Logurn says, 'You want it, we got it'.

(If you come here and trade or whatever, you can play the NPCs yourself [of course?], I'll only be playing Logurn Syyrac.)
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 04:50 AM

Bounty Hunter

Group: Members
Member No.: 123

*There is a small string of whirring noises as my ship lands in the hanger and I stalk out onto the landing pad*
Anyone home?
Gaara Vi-Castia
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 05:57 AM

Rogue Jedi

Traffic consisting of thousands of people moved back and forth along the edge of the 'eastern' docking bay, which was lined with even more landed starships. No one heeded the bounty hunter; he was simply considered merely part of the crowd. Bounty hunters and other such scoundrels - as they were commonly perceived - were not treated with fear or caution on the Titan Trader. There was surveillance everywhere, and guards ready to spring on anyone that caused trouble. Logurn maintained that his space station was no place for violence.

A slim, humanoid droid approached the bounty hunter. It greeted him with a happy, generous voice.
'Hello there! Welcome to the Titan Trader, Logurn Syyrac's intergalactic trade space station! Is this your first visit to the Titan Trader?' The droid's face consisted of a screen, on which the face of a smiling, attractive human woman was displayed. Each droid possessed a different 'face'.
Mathius Fett
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 07:23 AM

Jedi Padawan

Member No.: 125

"God, I wish I could hack those things to pieces." Mathius said, suddenly popping up from nowhere...
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 03:44 AM

Bounty Hunter

"Watch your tongue boy." the bounty hunter said cooly as he turned. He looked at the droid and replied in a dignified voice.
"Hello my dear, I wish to be directed to the Close Combat training facility. Where is that located?"
Gaara Vi-Castia
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 03:50 AM

Rogue Jedi

A look of grief gripped the face of the woman on the screen.
'I am very sorry, sir,' she said, bowing, then rising again, 'but I know no such area. We do, however, have an absolutely exquisite range of Coruscant political memorabilia in sector 5A!' The smiling, blissfully ignorant expression dawned on the woman's electronic face again.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 04:13 AM

Bounty Hunter

"Ok madam, i'll keep that in mind... do you perhaps have anywhere on this ship that sells Historical documents, namely, the history of Coruscant?"
Gaara Vi-Castia
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 04:26 AM

Rogue Jedi

A series of whirring sounds came from within the droid as it conducted its search. The Coruscant political memorabilia had been programmed in as an offer for impulse buyers; so the information was available immediately. The woman's face on the screen had acquired a thoughtful expression. Then the idiot's smile returned.
'Yes, of course, sir! After all, we have everything anyone could ever want! I will now display a hologram showing directions to Sector 6C, and the the shop which, if my data is correct, should have what you are looking for!'

A glass circle on the droid's mid-section flickered, then a beam of blue light stretched out. It widened like a cone, then when it finished, a magnified view of the inside of the ship appeared. A large red dot was shown on the landing pad, which said "YOU ARE HERE!". Extending from the red dot was a green line which made its way down corridors, around corners, and up elevators to a shop in Sector 6C, called "Hair-Raising History".
'Please inform me when you have memorized the directions to your desired location. Hologram will automatically turn off after 5 minutes if you are not done then. If you forget where you are going along the way, there are televisors on the walls every 50 meters which will show you the way.' The droid stood there with a pleasant expression on its face while waiting.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 05:35 AM

Bounty Hunter

"Thank you, It is done. Have a good day madam."
The Bounty hunter turned and began walking away towards the elevators.
Gaara Vi-Castia
Posted: Jun 7 2005, 09:28 PM

Rogue Jedi

Logurn Syyrac looked at his watch. It was about time that the Trade Titan moved into Hyperspace into another part o the galaxy. He walked briskly over to the intercom system positioned to the right of the suspended televisors. Speaking loudly into it, despite the fact his voice was amplified by the loudspeakers situated throughout the space station
'The Titan will be 'setting sail' in one hour. I advise all customers to complete all purchases and return to your vessels in the landing bays. Any persons who refuse to leave the space station can and will be arrested. You will not stow away; there is surveillance everywhere. Although, I highly doubt such valued customers as yourselves would dare even think such a thing! I hope you enjoyed your stay on the Titan, and we hope to see you next time we stop in this part of the Galaxy.'

Logurn placed the intercom microphone back in its receiver and sighed. There were always a few trouble-making come closing time.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 7 2005, 09:28 PM

Bounty Hunter

Rythmear enters the store, and starts looking around for the information he seeks, noticing a distinct lack of store attendants.
« Next Oldest | Space | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0713 seconds · Archive