Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The New Jedi Order. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Desolate
Ezhno Brand
Posted: May 28 2005, 02:17 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 122

Flashback...

Nine years ago... the planet Amosa... Ezhno Brand was sixteen years old, returning home from a day of hunting with his father. They were dragging a deer carcas behind them when they heard the first explosions.

"What was that?" asked Ezhno, nervously.

"I don't know," replied his father. "We'd better get home."

The two dropped the carcas and rushed down the pathway toward their settlement as more explosions were heard. They ran through the open gates to see their settlement partly in ruins. Ezhno and his father stared in shock at their home, engulfed in flames.

"MARTA!" cried Ezhno's father as he rushed into the burning structure.

"DAD!" shouted Ezhno, running after him. They each entered the home, kicking in the door and making their way through the smoke.

As Ezhno's father turned the corner into the kitchen, he saw her. She was lying on the floor, soaked in blood, broken wood and glass all around her.

"NOOOOOOO!" screamed his father as Ezhno looked on in terror. But there was little time to grieve, as yet another explosion broke the silence. The ceiling gave way, crashing down on top of both of Ezhno's parents as the gas line simutaneously ruptured and blew a hole in the opposite side of the kitchen. Ezhno was thrown backward, toward his front door.

The last thing he remembered was crawling out of the house.

When he came to, he was lying underneath a pile of rubble, He remained still, in shock from what had just transpired, and heard voices.

"Nothing left. Everything's destroyed. No way even a Jedi could've survived."

He could hear footsteps passing by and waited until they were well out of earshot before attempting to move. Finally, Ezhno Brand began to stir, lifting himself out of the debris. Amazingly, none of his bones were broken, but his right arm felt weak. He looked down to see what was left of the singed flesh falling off of his limb. He nearly fainted as his stomach turned, and he dropped to one knee, spitting up a fair amount of vomit.

After a few moments, Ezhno stood back up and looked around. The settlement was in ruins. The forest was burnt to cinders. There was literally nothing left. How long had he been lying there in that wreckage? Was everyone else dead? What was he going to do? Ezhno fought back the tears and bottled up his emotions, trying not to panic.

"Okay," he thought to himself, "I need to get out of here."

He began staggering through the wreckage, seeing an object in the distance, just beyond the ruins. He moved closer, recognizing it as a ship.

"There's nowhere else to go," he thought. "What can I do? Stay? Look for survivors? There's nothing left of this place. This might be my only chance... "

With that, he limped to the ship, seeing that the entrance ramp was down and it appeared to be momentarily abandoned. He looked around to see no one in sight, and entered...

Back to reality...

A warm breeze lifted coarse Tatooine sand into the air, bouncing grains off of Ezhno's goggles. He turned away from the wind, pulling his bandana across his mouth and nose and fastening it in place.

"Dammit, I'm so sick of this place," he thought as he hiked up over a sand dune.

Suddenly, his body tensed up, realizing that a krayt dragon was passing just beneath him. Ezhno slowly withdrew his melee blades, being careful not to make a sound as he inched closer to the edge of the dune. Finally, he leapt in the air, landing on the dragon's back and plunging his swords into either side of the beast's neck. As it reared back in pain, Ezhno buried one of his sharp spurs into the dragon's side, helping him hold on and keep his balance. After a few moments of struggling and bucking back and forth, the dragon slumped over on it's side. Ezhno quickly withdrew his blades and hopped clear of the toppling beast.

"Payday," he said aloud as he sliced the skull plate from the dragon's forehead. A few minutes later, he had stripped the beast of every valuable part, including slabs of meat for his dinner, and headed back toward Mos Eisley.

Nine years he had been doing this. Nine long years of hunting and trapping. Nine long years of living... if you'd call it living... in this desolate sand trap. Nine years ago the Empire had destroyed his world... murdered his family... while looking for a Jedi. Ezhno Brand had never seen a Jedi, only heard of them in the drunken ramblings of cantina patrons. But there was no way a Jedi could have been an Amosa. It was so out of the way. How would anyone even know of it's existence? Then again... maybe that's what would have made Amosa appealing to a Jedi on the run.

Revenge had been on Ezhno Brand's mind for months after he ended up on Tatooine, but the Empire was in ruins after the Jedi and then-rebel alliance successfully overthrew them. Revenge had been stolen from Ezhno. What was left for him now? A life of anger... hating the broken Empire... hating the Jedi for bringing them to Amosa. A life with no meaning and an empty destiny.
Sasch Essialc
Posted: May 28 2005, 03:02 PM

Emotionless Cyborg

Member No.: 78

Raze was walking, hunched as usual, through the desert, still looking for that elusive Jedi. The heat didn't bother, as he was mostly metal and wires now. His long strides and large bird-like feet gave the untrained eye the impression, upon looking at his footprints, that it was not human, whatever had made them. And, in essence, it wasn't.

He saw a man nearby. Surely he wouldn't know anything about the jedi. Raze's cloak wasn't exactly fluttering in the wind, because of the weight of the numerous lightsabers on the inside of it. He continued walking as he drew nearer to the man, and was eventually a mere 15 feet to the man's left.

((see topic: "satisfaction" in the Jedi Academy section for more info. You can reply if you want, too.))
Ezhno Brand
Posted: May 28 2005, 09:13 PM

Ezhno sensed something to his left and stopped dead in his tracks. He slowly turned his head toward the mysterious figure, noticing that it stood at least a couple of inches taller than him. It appeared to be almost droid-like at first, but then human-like features began to stand out.

Ezhno peered through his goggles at the man and removed the tattered bandana from his face.

"Somethin' I can help you with?" He asked, unpleasantly.
Sasch Essialc
Posted: May 28 2005, 09:43 PM

Emotionless Cyborg

Member No.: 78

He was expecting the man to talk to him, so the words came as no surprise. He slowly turned his head, and his yellow eyes stared straight at the man. "Yes." came the eerie, hollow, cold, voice. "I'm looking for a jedi."
Ezhno Brand
Posted: May 29 2005, 12:38 AM

The mention of the term "Jedi" made the hair on the back of Ezhno's neck stand up. His lip curled up a bit in disgust.

"I've never seen any Jedi in this sand trap."
Rythmear
Posted: May 31 2005, 04:53 AM

Bounty Hunter

Member No.: 123

There is the sound of a jetpack whirring and then a thud as Rythmear lands catlike on the roof of your house.

"Yeah, I'm the guy you're looking for." he says through the ancient Jango Fett armour.
"Butt you gotta say why you want me first buddy."
Ezhno Brand
Posted: May 31 2005, 02:46 PM

Ezhno Brand remained still, unsure of whether he should continue on his way.

Glancing back and forth at both the cyborg and apparent Jedi, he thought to himself...

"Hmm... Now this... this could get interesting."
Mathius Fett
Posted: May 31 2005, 03:10 PM

Jedi Padawan

Member No.: 125

"Hmmm, now none of you look much like locals..." Mathius said in an almost warning tone, from behind the three.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 05:02 AM

Bounty Hunter

The man wearing reconstructed Jango Fett like armour looked down at the robed figure behind them. He stood up on the roof on which he stood and placed a wary hand on his blaster.
"What say you good stranger."
He stood up and suppressed the force within him.
"That you should interrupt a meeting of two importance?"
Mathius Fett
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 07:19 AM

Jedi Padawan

"Importance?" Mathius asked his master, "No offense Master, but he hardly looks important..." he said jerking a thumb back at the other man.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 03:50 AM

Bounty Hunter

"Do you not realise?"
Rythmear turns and jets down to his apprentice and whispers in his ear.
"This man does not realise yet how important he is... let us try to rectify that problem..."
Mathius Fett
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 07:37 AM

Jedi Padawan

"yes Master." he muttered his a nod.
Ezhno Brand
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 10:23 AM

Ezhno cocked an eyebrow at the two newcomers, then glanced over at the cyborg before sighing and shaking his head.

"I hate this planet," he muttered as he turned to walk away.
Jin Zar
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 03:53 PM

Jedi Knight

Member No.: 110

looking at a man walking away, Jin recognized the famous Jedi in the Jango Fett suit and pulled over in his X-Wing.
Mathius Fett
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 08:44 PM

Jedi Padawan

Mathius looked at the landing X-Wing and then at his master, as if expecting an answer.
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 4 2005, 03:06 AM

Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter turned and gave a warning to his apprentice to be careful with what he says, turns to the cyborg.
"What do you want with me?" Ignoring the newcomer in his X-Wing, he carefully sets his scanner to watch Ezhno
Jin Zar
Posted: Jun 4 2005, 09:04 AM

Jedi Knight

Member No.: 110

"Sorry to disturb you Master, but there has been an attack on Hoth just today... I was one of the only Jedi to escape they need your assistance!" Jin said racing back to his X-Wing, hoping that the Master and his apprentice would follow. "I'll be on Hoth Master, please come." He said as he took off on his X-Wing into space.
Ezhno Brand
Posted: Jun 4 2005, 12:18 PM

Ezhno glanced back over his shoulder, wondering if the seemingly threatening cyborg was going to mount any type of attack on these newcomers. He gave the Jedi a funny look, noticing that he appeared to be scanning him with some sort of device. He stopped once again.

"Are you pointing that thing at me?"
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 6 2005, 04:01 AM

Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter spoke briefly to Ezhno.
"I should warn you. I'm not taking advantage of it now for I must leave, but theres a bounty on your head Ezhno. Take care."
he turned and along with his apprentice, moved towards their ship to fly to hoth.
Ezhno Brand
Posted: Jun 6 2005, 04:27 PM

Ezhno watched him leave in stunned silence.

"A bounty on my head? Who the Hell would bother? That guy's gotta be crazy."

Ezhno just shook his head and continued to walk away, but then paused.

"But... how did he know my name?"
Rythmear
Posted: Jun 7 2005, 06:00 AM

Bounty Hunter

(Note: This post is being made by me, sheerly because the two characters here wont appear in any more posts but a couple)

There is the sound of a blaster going off and a laser slams into the ground at Ezhnos feet.
A creature with a long neck and a slimy hand rounded the corner holding a long rifle.
It spoke in an alien tongue as a robed dark figure leapt from a building nearby and drew a force staff on the alien.
"BACK OFF SCUM! THE BOUNTY IS MINE!" the two launched into viscious close combat.
« Next Oldest | Tatooine | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0356 seconds · Archive