The point of this thread is solely to help. You. With the creation of your characters. It will (eventually) have a list of things for you to think about when writing your character, some links to helpful sites, and whatever else we decide to throw out. So. On to the festivities.
(one of many baby names sites)http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
(a translator site)http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/
(a name generator)
(a resource for faces)
THINGS TO COVER:
- Hair color/style
- Skin color (freckles? tan?)
- Eye color/shape
- Body type (height, weight, curves, muscle)
- Face shape
- Lips (color, fullness, width)
- Mouth (teeth straightness/color, color)
- Scars of note
- Voice (tone, depth, timbre)
- Usual apparel (colors, fabrics, jewelry)
- Physical nature (shy, demure, bold, commanding)
(a short test for character flaws (which are necessary))http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm
(a longer test, also helps getting to know the character)http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
(a test strictly for personality, it isn't perfectly suited to characters, but it is very accurate)
THINGS TO COVER: (NOT ALL OF THEM. That would be insane.)
- Relationship with Friends (New and Old)
- Thoughts on Self
- Thoughts on Others/the World
- Romantic tendencies
- What annoys them?
- What makes them happy?
- What do they care about/want?
- What makes them annoying?
- What do they wish they could change about themselves?
- Morning or Night person?
- Food preferences
- Sleeping habits
- Work habits
- Political views
- Abilities, skills, crafts, special knowledge
(the available dragons, of course, always necessary)http://www.tektek.org/color/
(a simple two-color gradient text generator for dragon speech)http://patorjk.com/text-color-fader/
(a more complicated text gradient generator)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
(a list of colors to look through if you're stumped)
(it checks for grammar as well as spelling, and has a thesaurus to help make sure the right word is being used)
If you have more to add, you're allowed to reply. When it's added, we'll delete your post.