Welcome!

Welcome to Sinthera, a small, young Weyr terrorized by riderless dragons that live to the North. Treachery lies in wait behind every corner. Will you join us in the war?

Important Links
IC Information

Weyrwoman
Lakiya & Zajadisth
Weyrleader
E'rik & Skepnadth
Junior Weyrwoman
Vyviaan & Azrayesth
Junior Weyrleader
TBD

Flights
Emerald Nyra
Lunar Xiomarath

Clutches
None

Hatchings
None
But there are kittens in the Weyrbowl.

Contests
None

Season
Fall
The threat of the summer rains have turned into the promise in the fall. It rains almost all the time nowadays, and slowly the rain turns from warm to cold to freezing, and at the last snow begins to sink lower from the heights of the mountains into the valleys.

Staff

You may contact the staff through the private message link in their profiles.

Admin
Wolf Tears
Mellody

Sr. Moderators
Thalia
Nai-Ru

Jr. Moderator
Hockey
Tarra

C-Box

CBox Rules

1. No Fighting or Flaming. Violators will be banned.
2. No Impersonating. Violators will banned.
3. No Advertising. Members will be warned, guests will be banned.
4. Respect Staff.
5. Keep chatspeek to a minimum or don't use it at all.

Advertise Us!

Listed At
Libertas Weyr White Sands Weyr Araelen Weyr Selenitas Weyr Mavros Weyr The Jewels of Pern Dark Moon Weyr Allride Weyr Dragon Canyon Weyr Back to the Beginning Ayden Weyr Hazrein Weyr Athaithne Weyr Carew Weyr

Credits

Site Wolf Tears
Skin Mellody
Side-bar Roswenth

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Lost Dragons. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Last Post Searched, Lorrin and Mirria
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 03:07 AM

Candidate

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

It was a warm day, with the breeze from the ocean carrying the scent of the salt. Summer was clear in the air, the sky rather cloudless. It was getting to be late afternoon, the light giving a golden glow all around. In a grassy field near the weyr, was a girl, hunched over old parchment, sketching.

Lorrin stretched her neck a little as she looked up again at the runnerbeasts nearby. She continued sketching the leggy creatures in different poses, trying to capture all of their motion, and range of movement. A quick sketch of one lying in the grass, another quick one of two stallions rearing, and some of them just grazing. It was nice, being out here alone, away from the weyrlings and weyr brats.

Lorrin glanced at the weyr, seeing a few dragons in the air. She couldn't help but feel a longing to be one of those riders. If it didn't happen... it didn't happen, but she still couldn't help but hope. A nervous whickering made Lorrin look back at the herd of runnerbeasts. Now that threadfall was gone, runnerbeasts that escaped actually grew into thriving herds. Lorrin smiled a little at seeing one of the stallions eyeing another.
Kit
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 06:24 AM

Whiterider

Member No.: 25

I intend to dive.

It was the only warning Mirria received, giving the greenrider only a second to brace herself. Faerath reveled in the feeling of the fall. Her rider not so much. The teenager had long given up keeping her eyes tightly shut and instead decided it was much better to at least be able to see where they were going. It helped, but not by much. Everything was a blur and her body felt weightless, as did her stomach. It flipped flopped and rose to her throat as the butterflies tried to force their way out. She mentally cursed her motion prone sickness.You think she would have gotten use to flying by now. True she had improved tremendously since her days as a weyrling, but unless she was able to prepare herself for whatever sudden motion the dragoness had in mind all improvement would vanish in a heart beat. This was one of those times.

The green felt bad knowing fully well that she did not give her bonded the needed time to prepare her stomach. As was the drill she went between allowing for an instant cool down. The dark, cold, and wonderful quiet did wonders on her Rider every time. But as soon as it started it ended. Mirria feeling much more well looked around at thier new destination. So, Faerath had plucked Artorie Weyr from her mind. Not a bad choice. Even if slightly random. Mirria noticed a herd of runners and instructed Faerath to land nearby. The walk to them would help get her grounded and wouldn't be too terrible of a spot to relax until she felt capable of full flight again.

I'll be nearby if you need me, Large green wings extended back towards the sky as Faerath crouched, ready to spring back into the air, and I don't wish to scare your entertainment away. Her tone was soft and still full of regret. She did not like upsetting Hers like she did. Not one bit. And...I think you shall find you have company.

With that she took off. Mirria yelled after the fading green form heading towards the Weyr. How could she leave her alone like this? Especially in a place she was not well acquainted with at all! "You said you wouldn't be far."

And I'm not. Go to your silly runners MirriaMine.

Still not amused she did head towards the grassy field, keeping her arms close to her side to make sure her white sundress behaved. The breeze wasn't bad but she still didn't trust it. She kept to the edge not wanting to startle the creatures and from there she spotted her "company" as was put earlier. The girl was further into the field and so Mirria approached her from behind. If she noticed her approach or not Mirria could not tell, or more likely didn't notice. All Mirria's attention were on the animals that seemed so close. Sliding her eyes down she noticed the parchment on the other girl's lap. Looking over the girl's shoulder she couldn't help but give out a gasp of awe.

"Such skill. How on earth can you capture movement like that?"
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 06:06 AM

Candidate

Sometimes when Lorrin began to sketch, she really didn't notice anything else around her. Lori loved to sketch, and she was a decent hand at it. Not quite good enough to be able to pursue it as a trade, but definitely just barely not good enough. She was getting better though as she continued to draw. It was a time of relaxation for her, time to herself outside.

As the dragon had landed far behind her, Lorrin didn't notice it. Nor did she notice the rider that was walking toward her. The world had narrowed, to her, her sketch, and the runnerbeasts in front of her.

"Such skill. How on earth can you capture movement like that?" Lorrin jumped at the voice behind her, quickly turning her head and looking up at the girl behind her. One hand had splayed out behind her to sort of lever her quick turn. She had no idea where the girl had come from. But she noticed the riding gear, the dragonrider knots, and the badge for Sinthera Weyr. A dragonrider from Sinthera, Lorrin thought to herself as she blinked up at the girl. Lorrin gave her a small shy smile.

"I've had a lot of practice," Lorrin said softly, ducking her head in embaressment from the compliment. "I enjoy sketching... ever since I was little." Lorrin looked at her with curiosity. "Greenrider, what are you doing so far from Sinthera?" Lorrin kept her voice polite to the girl. "And where is your dragon?"
Kit
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 08:36 AM

Whiterider

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you jump." Her voice was soft from guilt. She sure wouldn't have appreciated it if someone did that to her. "I also love to sketch, although I'll admit my pages are mainly full of dragons. But still, I would give anything to be able to draw like that." Mirria was surprised by how at ease she suddenly felt, her voice was back to it's normal range. Maybe it was because they shared a common interest or that they couldn't have been far apart in age. In the back of her mind she could hear Faerath point out that she reminded her of Mirria herself when she first meets someone knew. It was true, although this time the greenrider seemed more open from the start. How strange. Maybe she was getting better at this whole being less timid thing.

"Greenrider, what are you doing so far from Sinthera?"

"What?" For a moment Mirria was completely lost. How on earth did she know she was from Sinthera and a dragonrider? But then it caught up to her. She was wearing her riding jacket that sported her knots and badge. Biting her lip she regretted not taking it off after she landed. She preferred people not worrying about her rank when talking to her. To her the conversations felt more real when the other person didn't know she was a dragonrider. They would sometimes get too formal for her liking. She wouldn't let this one get that way.

"My name's Mirria," There. No more greenrider this or greenrider that. "and I was just taking a leisurely afternoon flight when," she didn't feel like going into details, "when my dragon Faerath decided to drop on in. If you want to know specifically why she chose Artorie Weyr you'll have to ask her yourself. She's around here somewhere." Motioning to the runners she continued, "She didn't want to scare them away."

"So, um, yeah..." She couldn't help but twitch slightly. She always felt awkward asking others about themselves. It seemed wrong. If they wanted to give information out about themselves that was their choice, she shouldn't have to ask them. Feeling humiliated at stuttering like that she once again faced the herd, not able to keep eye contact with the other girl now.

------------------
((OOC: Did I ever mention Mirria is horrible about creating conversation. XD))
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 12 2009, 07:02 AM

Candidate

Lorrin smiled a little in response to the apology. The greenrider really had no reason to apologize. Had Lori been paying a little bit more attention to her surroundings, she would have noticed the young woman.

"It's all right," Lorrin assured her. "I just was in my own little world," she admitted shyly. The young woman seemed very friendly. Lorrin felt a bit at ease with her manner.

"I also love to sketch, although I'll admit my pages are mainly full of dragons. But still, I would give anything to be able to draw like that." Lorrin perked up at that.

"Really? I wish I could see it," Lorrin told her. "I draw dragons as well." Lorrin flipped the parchments to a page of dragons. "I live at the weyr," she explained, nodding toward the Weyr. "My father's a dragonrider there."

"It is good to meet you Mirria," Lorrin told her. "I'm Lorrin." She smiled a little as she got up. "I would love to meet your dragon if she wished to come back?"

((OOC: Sorry it is short *winces* I just got off a closing shift and I wanted to post something before I went to bed))
Kit
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 06:07 PM

Whiterider

"Sure, she would love to come and join us." Mirria's faced relaxed slightly as she focused on Faerath. Have you had your fun?

No. I was quite bored. Can I scare the runners please? Mirria couldn't help but laugh at her dragon's request. Faerath wasn't bored. There was no hint of it in her musical voice. She was only interested in scaring the runners to make an impressive entrance. She could see Faerath's plans. She would fly right over the herd letting loose a roar that would make them not want to stop fleeing for at least a day. But really, she was an impressive green as it was. There was no need for such an entrance. Half heartily scolded for wanting to give the poor animals a heart attack Faerath instead decided to approach from behind.

With the wind in her favor she was successful in landing a few dragonlengths away without being noticed. Calmly walking up to Mirria and Lorin she let out a small snort of amusement. The runners had finally noticed her. A few stayed were they were until they followed the lead of the others and ran a dragon's length away and stopped. Obviously living close to a Weyr had made them use to dragons. But they still didn't trust them. Staying on full alert most looked like they were ready to sprint away again.

Silly beast. I have no intention of hunting you.

Holding back a laugh Mirria introduced the mildly annoyed green. "Lorrin, this is Faerath." She then turned to look up at Faerath. She lives at the Weyr and her father is a dragonrider. Perhaps we know them. Unlikely. You rarely leave Sinthera.

Faerath bowed her large head in greeting. It is a pleasure to meet you Lorrin. You wouldn't mind scratching my eyeridge would you? It itches. Mirria was in no way jealous of the contact between Faerath and others. Ever since she was a hatchling she had enjoyed the contact of others. It was one of her dragon's many habits that she had gotten use to. Besides, she had no reason to keep such a wonderful feeling as knowing the comfort of a dragon to herself. Faerath was a peoples dragon. She was the dragon of the dragonless.

Patting the large green leg next to her she turned to Lorrin. "What rank is your father? I bet he'll be excited when you Impress."
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 15 2009, 08:50 PM

Candidate

Lorrin smiled at the girl's face. To have a dragon was a wonderful thing. Lorrin was reminded of it everyday in each face of the dragonriders she lived among. To have found a piece of your soul shared with another, to never be alone again... Lorrin couldn't even begin to imagine what it was like. Mirria's face had that far away look that meant she was speaking to her dragon or her dragon was speaking to her through the mental mindlink that the two shared. Lorrin watched as Mirria laughed at an unheard remark, watched as her face continued to hold that joy. Dragons sometimes spoke to Lorrin... not often... but still. But to be spoken to by another's dragon didn't even come close to what it would be like to have that link with your own dragon.

Lorrin saw the movement of green behind Mirria. She quickly focused on it, seeing the beauty of a green flying toward them from the weyr. The dragon landed away from them, far enough not to spook the runnerbeasts too badly, before walking up to the girls. The herd was obviously bothered, but the scent of dragons constantly filled the air around here. As long as the dragon was no longer in the air, the runnerbeasts would not panic as badly. They still moved a bit away though, and Lorrin couldn't fault them that. Though dragons would prefer wild herdbeasts, runnerbeasts were also considered prey despite their stringyness.

Mirria introduced Lorrin to her dragon. Lorrin smiled as she stood up and and greeted the beautiful green. She brushed off the pieces of grass that stuck to her pants and put down her sketchbook.

"It is good to meet you Faerath," Lorrin told the green.

Faerath bowed her large head in greeting. It is a pleasure to meet you Lorrin. You wouldn't mind scratching my eyeridge would you? It itches.

Lorrin's smile grew as the dragon spoke to her. "Of course I will." Lorrin reached up to the offered eyeridge and began scratching the itchy eyeridge. "You are a beauty," she told the green dragon. Lorrin nodded at Mirria's question.

"My father is a brownrider," she told Mirria. "He is L'tan of brown Azerth." She continued scratching the eyeridge. "Do you enjoy Sinthera Weyr?"
Kit
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 01:41 AM

Whiterider

"Sinthera Weyr is like no other place on Pern" She gave a small private giggle. Yes, it was like no other place. And not just because of the out of ordinary dragon colors. "I enjoy being a part of it. The people, and dragons, are all wonderful and once you get use to the winters the weather isn't all that bad." She continued listing things until ending it with, "The men aren't bad either." It was a joke but with a silent comment from Faerath Mirria felt her face heat up. Trying to calm down she apologized to Lorrin. "I'm sure Artorie Weyr is just as great, don't get me wrong. But I don't think I could ever live anywhere else."

You should come visit sometime. You would enjoy it. Especially with all the new weyrlings running about. She continued her croons of delight even after Lorrin had stopped scratching her eyeridge. Much like a content cat she curled her tail around her body and scooped Mirria close to her and then laid her head on her forepaws as she continued her soft croons. Perhaps when your own dragon can fly you should come.

At first shocked by the movement Mirria patted the large arm that caged her into the dragons side. You have no tact whats so ever. What are you talking about? I have great tact. Unable to stand she instead stretched her neck as far as possible trying to see over Faerath's arm. It was really a ridiculous sight. Or at least it must have been Mirria thought. "If you don't come visit she'll just hound ya."
Kestrel
Posted: Sep 8 2009, 05:57 PM

Candidate

Lorrin chuckled at Mirria's obvious love for Sinthera Weyr. She was quite curious about one of the two other weyrs besides the one that she lived. Continuing to scratch Faerath's eye ridge, Lorrin couldn't help but want to visit. Lorrin smiled with longing when Faerath suggested she come visit when she Impressed.

"That's if I Impress," Lorrin told Faerath with a small smile. "I've stood a few times on the Hatching grounds here. No luck so far." Lorrin kept her voice in good humor. After all, she still had chances to Impress. She looked at Mirria.

"I would enjoy visiting, especially to see Faerath again," Lorrin grinned at the catlike green. Seeing the two interact, Lorrin couldn't help but feel a pang somewhere inside of her, wanting such a relationship.

"But Sinthera sounds wonderful," Lorrin told Mirria. "I'm sure I could find a ride from someone perhaps someday."
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Weyr Affiliates
Libertas Weyr White Sands Weyr Araelen Weyr Selenitas Weyr Mavros Weyr The Jewels of Pern Dark Moon Weyr Allride Weyr Dragon Canyon Weyr Back to the Beginning Ayden Weyr Hazrein Weyr Athaithne Weyr Carew Weyr

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0737 seconds · Archive