If you're applying for an adult unbonded feral, the process is the same as the above.
However, if you wish to apply to recieve an unbonded Feral at a Hatching
, the process is a bit different.
Remember that not all Ferals Impress to anyone at all. Some are simply not interested, or else don't see anyone they particularly want at the time and just deicde to do without. As a precaution, please realize that if a Feral does not Impress upon Hatching, it will never Impress at all.
UnImpressed Ferals are to be treated as independent characters.
They will be handed out at Feral Hatchings as follows:
In just the same way as others, they will Hatch, and some will look around for an appropriate Candidate. Upon being unable to find one or simply making the decision that they do not want a rider, they will announce their names and declare their independence to their mother (and to the other Queens, as they are the ones who need to know). At this point, they will either elect to go and find food for themselves or be fed by a human whose job it is to do so. This point is up to the person who is selected to play that dragon. After going through the application process (described below) applicants will be considered on the same basis as regular Candidates would, and in the Hatching/"Impression" post of an independent Feral a note will be made as to who has recieved the dragonet. From then on, the Feral is that person's character to play. They will be provided with an appearance, a mindvoice, and a basic personality for their new Feral, but the rest of the profile is for them to determine. Obviously at this point the Feral must be accepted and moved by a mod or an admin, but largely the process is up to you.
Here is how to apply:
1) Send a message to Nai - moi
- indicating your interest in recieving an independent Feral. This message should indicate any preferences for color, and its contents will be shared with relevant members (ie, those participating in running the Hatching).
2) Wait to recieve confirmation of your request.
3) Once this confirmation has been recieved, send me a sample post of how you would play an independent Feral - it is up to you to make up an independent Feral solely for the purposes of the application. This character will not be used in any way as a basis for selecting your Feral (if you recieve one). Remember to make this both nice and an accurate representation of your roleplaying style.
4) Wait for and recieve confirmation that your application has been completed, along with any information I deem necessary.
5) At the Hatching, you will
be required to post to confirm your continued presence and interest - this post may be OOC and simply indicate that you are there, and, if you have a Feral character already, may be tacked on to the end of your post with that character.
Remember that not everyone who applies will recieve a Feral. Even if there are extras, we may simply not have room for more PC independents at that time.
When there are extras due to a lack of interest, independent Ferals will be put up for adoption with their skeletal informatiion. In order to recieve this character after the Hatching, the only requirement is to send a completed application to me along with a sample post of how you would play that specific Feral, which may be approved or rejected.
Remember: Independent Ferals are full characters, with full responsibilities
. If you recieve an independent Feral, you are expected to meet posting requirements just as you would be with any other character. Just because these dragons do not Impress does not mean that they may be treated as castoff characters. If you do not respect the privelege and fulfill the responsibilities of this character, it may be taken from you. Do not apply for an independent Feral if you do not fully intend to respect it.