Welcome!

Welcome to Sinthera, a small, young Weyr terrorized by riderless dragons that live to the North. Treachery lies in wait behind every corner. Will you join us in the war?

Important Links
IC Information

Weyrwoman
Lakiya & Zajadisth
Weyrleader
E'rik & Skepnadth
Junior Weyrwoman
Vyviaan & Azrayesth
Junior Weyrleader
TBD

Flights
Emerald Nyra
Lunar Xiomarath

Clutches
None

Hatchings
None
But there are kittens in the Weyrbowl.

Contests
None

Season
Fall
The threat of the summer rains have turned into the promise in the fall. It rains almost all the time nowadays, and slowly the rain turns from warm to cold to freezing, and at the last snow begins to sink lower from the heights of the mountains into the valleys.

Staff

You may contact the staff through the private message link in their profiles.

Admin
Wolf Tears
Mellody

Sr. Moderators
Thalia
Nai-Ru

Jr. Moderator
Hockey
Tarra

C-Box

CBox Rules

1. No Fighting or Flaming. Violators will be banned.
2. No Impersonating. Violators will banned.
3. No Advertising. Members will be warned, guests will be banned.
4. Respect Staff.
5. Keep chatspeek to a minimum or don't use it at all.

Advertise Us!

Listed At
Libertas Weyr White Sands Weyr Araelen Weyr Selenitas Weyr Mavros Weyr The Jewels of Pern Dark Moon Weyr Allride Weyr Dragon Canyon Weyr Back to the Beginning Ayden Weyr Hazrein Weyr Athaithne Weyr Carew Weyr

Credits

Site Wolf Tears
Skin Mellody
Side-bar Roswenth

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Lost Dragons. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Last Post Hungry, Hungry Harper (open)
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 17 2009, 06:00 PM

Candidate

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

Nyros wasn't starving, but his overloaded plate said otherwise. The Harper had his breakfast plate stacked with rolls, meat, cheese and various fruits. He was two cups of klah balanced on one hand while he made his way through the tables in the dinning hall.

It was pretty crowded. Nyros had slept in instead of getting an early start but being home had apparently lulled him quite nicely. His sleep had been deep and very peaceful. Now he was late to breakfast though and late in starting his day. He wasn't too bothered though. He didn't have any assigned tasks at the Weyr, yet. He could spend the day like he planned, exploring and catching up. But first, food.

Spotting an open seat at the crowded table, Nyros made his way over and grabbed it before someone else could. He smiled at the other people there while he carefully set his plate and cups down.

"Well met and good day," he said before taking a sip of hot klah. "Looks like another day of rain huh?"
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 12:09 AM

Candidate

Member No.: 30

Lorrin had spent the morning sketching. She had woke early and saw that it looked like it would rain later. Thus it was the best time to sketch. So lost in the sketching she was that Lorrin's suddenly aching stomach and the rumbling it made reminded her that she was late to breakfast.

Thus she was here, in the very noisy and crowded dining hall. Lorrin wondered if maybe she should have just grabbed some food and left. But then she spotted a rather empty table. Quickly making her way over to it, Torrin felt better being a little bit away from the crowd. There were only a couple of other people at the table, mostly at the other end of it. They weren't paying attention to her.

Lorrin pulled out a piece of parchment and began to sketch the people at the other end of the table, ignoring her food for a moment. She loved sketching and was very good at it too. Not quite as good as she needed to be to pursue it, but very good for one who did it for fun and relaxing. She didn't even notice the harper until he spoke. Blinking, her eyes refocusing on the man sitting across from her who had just spoken, Lorrin gave him a small smile.

"Yes, it does," Lorrin said softly. The man looked friendly enough, and very hungry as per how heaping his plate was. "I like the rain though so all is well."
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 01:01 AM

Candidate

Nyros smiled at the person who smoke but when he realized it was a woman talking to him, he choked a little on his food. Of course a girl would have to talk to him while his mouth was stuffed with food and he looked like a pig. The Harper instantly began to worry.

Once his throat was clear, he swallowed a mouthful of klah to make sure his voice wouldn't do something terrible embarrassing and squeak. "Yes, yes, the rain is quite nice. When you're not traveling in it. And I'm not because I'm living here now."

He searched around for something else to talk about. His eyes landed on her sketch and he leaned over the table to get a better look at it. "Hey, that's good."
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 01:58 AM

Candidate

Lorrin watched as the man first smiled and then began choking on his food. She worried a little but he seemed all right. Still it wouldn't hurt to ask the poor man who apparently she had surprised.

"Are... you all right?" Lorrin asked with concern in her voice. The man seemed to get himself under control. She wondered why he had suddenly choked like that. Maybe it would have been better if she hadn't talked, but had kept on sketching.

"Yes, yes, the rain is quite nice. When you're not traveling in it. And I'm not because I'm living here now."

"Oh?" Lorrin asked, then regretted it a little. The man didn't look like he wanted to talk. Lorrin also felt uncomfortable about being in the middle of such a large and noisy hall. So she went back to her sketch, trying to pretend that this place wasn't as crowded as it was. Lorrin didn't do so well in large groups of people, tending to close up.

"Hey, that's good." Lorrin looked back up at the man, finding him leaning over to see her drawing as she continued sketching. She turned the drawing so he could see it better, ducking her head from the praise.

"Thanks," she said uncertainly. "It's... relaxing for me." She felt a little embaressed about how she was acting. She went on to explain. "Sorry... I'm not so good around large crowds of people..."
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 02:51 AM

Candidate

"Fine, fine, fine," Nyros said quickly, his cheeks turning pink. He was not good at talking to girls. Some how, his skill at story telling and just talking fled in the face of a girl. There was no explanation for it he just became a wherry. At least she wasn't laughing at him.

But he still made sure to listen to her. He nodded. "I just got back here. I left before. Explored the world, saw it, lived it, you know? But I'm back now. Came home, you know."

From the way he was acting, he was surprised she shared her sketch with him so easily. Most girls started backing away when he babbled like he was. His smile was genuine and bright. Nyros didn't usually have any trouble making friends, but with girls it was rare he could untangle his tongue long enough to say anything.

"Pretend they're not there." He waved a hand towards the other people. "This really is good. Are you trained?"
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 03:06 AM

Candidate

"Explored the world?" Lorrin cocked her head immediately interested. "I like the outdoors," she admitted to him, feeling a bit reassured by the fact that he seemed to be relaxing too. One on one with people, Lorrin could be a bit more open. "Tell me about it? If you would?" She smiled a bit curious as to what he had seen while exploring.

"Pretend they're not there." He waved a hand towards the other people. Torrin chuckled softly and a bit wryly. It was hard to imagine a group of people just not being there, with so much noise and commotion around. Then again, Lorrin reasoned, hadn't she already been doing so when she was sketching?

"This really is good. Are you trained?" Lorrin blushed a little. She shook her head in response to the question.

"No, I just always liked to draw," she explained. "Ever since I was little, growing up in the weyr. I don't think I am good enough to be considered a craftmember... but I do like to do it."
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 04:41 AM

Candidate

Nyros nodded because once again he had food in his mouth. He was still hungry from sleeping in. Once he had finished his mouthful though he was right back to talking. "Me too. I'm going to explore the heights around here and see what's changed, what hasn't. Maybe find a fire lizard clutch or a story out there."

"Tell you about it?" Nyros ran a hand through his hair, trying to think of something from his life outside the Weyr that he could talk about. "Ah, ah," he said when he picked something, brightening at the idea of telling a story. "I traveled with a band of traders once for a few weeks, just to Telgar Hold. They told me stories about dragons kidnapping children. Snatching them right from the ground and whisking them away never to be seen again."

He chuckled. "Who's ever heard of something like that? Dragons kidnapping people."

"I've met craftmembers who aren't that good, but they think they are." He shrugged. "You should be proud."
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 22 2009, 09:07 PM

Candidate

"A firelizard clutch?" Lorrin repeated. "That would be quite a find." She nodded with a smile. "I've sketched a few firelizards. They are fun, very expressive very curious." She chuckled a little. "One even tried to steal my drawing."

Lorrin listened to him as he spoke. She was finding she enjoyed his company, even if she didn't know his name. It was just nice having a one on one conversation with someone, and it helped to distract her from the crowded dining hall. She fingered her drawing utensil thoughtfully as he brought up the idea of dragons kidnapping children.

"I've heard a few stories of that myself," she commented a little, looking somewhat troubled. "But I don't know if they are true..." That somewhat dark thought was interrupted by the compliment he gave. Lorrin gave him an embaressed grin.

"Thank you," she told him. "I'm Lorrin by the way."
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 22 2009, 10:09 PM

Candidate

"I've always wanted one," Nyros admitted with a sheepish grin. "Ever since I was a youngling and then my mother wouldn't let me have on. Out there I just never managed to get one."

He sighed wistfully, "It would have been nice to have company out on the road sometimes. But, I think my chances will be better here in a Weyr, where there are firelizards and dragons everywhere."

He stuck out a hand, forgetting his comment about dragons kidnapping and anything dark as he hoped his palms weren't sweaty. "Nyros, Journeyman Harper."
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 22 2009, 10:43 PM

Candidate

"Nice to meet you Nyros," Lorrin said, taking his hand and shaking it. His hand shake was firm, and his fingers were calloused, probably from instruments as well as doing other things journeymen harpers had to do. Perhaps sailing, she wondered. After all he did say he liked to explore. Lorrin withdrew her hand after shaking it with him.

"A firelizard would be wonderful," Lorrin told him. "I grew up in a weyr, so I am used to dragons and firelizards, but I am still in awe of them." She smiled wistfully. "My father is a brownrider. I was searched and brought here to be a candidate. Are you stationed here harper?"
dragon_myst
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 12:25 AM

Candidate

"A pleasure to meet you, Lorrin." Nyros smiled and it was a good thing she took her hand away or he would have kept shaking it like a fool. He just wasn't good about knowing when those things became annoying.

He nodded in agreement with her. "I grew up here, actually. This is my home. I just never made past candidate so I just left one day. It was great. I don't regret it at all. My father was a bluerider, I think. I never really knew the man."

"Not officially." He rubbed at the back of his neck. "Usually the Weyrharper is a dragonrider themselves. I'm just here on the journey part of my journeyman training."
Kestrel
Posted: Aug 23 2009, 02:15 AM

Candidate

"Ah so we have that in common," Lorrin said as she regarded him. "Both weyr brats, both children of dragonrider fathers. I'm sorry you didn't impress... but you enjoy being a harper right?" She smiled at him. "What instrument do you enjoy the most?" She picked up her cooled food and nibbled on it. Lorrin with her other hand began sketching the harper in front of her. She couldn't help it. She loved doing it after all.

As Lorrin drew, she considered everything. She continued listening to Nyros of course. She also realized he was one of the first people she had actually talked with other than Mirria who had searched her out. It was nice to feel comfortable around someone in the midst of such a large crowd inside the dining hall. And that comfort allowed Lorrin to open up better than she could in front of a large group. As it was, she had felt unsettled, but now, not so much.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Weyr Affiliates
Libertas Weyr White Sands Weyr Araelen Weyr Selenitas Weyr Mavros Weyr The Jewels of Pern Dark Moon Weyr Allride Weyr Dragon Canyon Weyr Back to the Beginning Ayden Weyr Hazrein Weyr Athaithne Weyr Carew Weyr

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0672 seconds · Archive