InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to //TGS. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Latest Movies
N Compromise
Posted: Jun 5 2009, 12:58 PM

Meh

Group: Members
Member No.: 148

What are the best movies you've seen that came out recently? Or the not so great.

--------------------
Henry
Posted: Jun 5 2009, 09:48 PM

Drives Ferraris

Member No.: 131

Terminator was AMAZING. Like I went into it thinking, "Oh, this is gonna be so epic." and then came out saying, "OHMYGOSHSOAMAZING."

I also saw Wolverine a couple weeks ago. It was good. I liked the story and how they rapped it around the 3 Mile Island melt down. It would've been nice if there was more straight up killing done with his claws, though. Oh, and the effects of the adamantium claws looked reeaaaaaly fake.

Less recently, I saw Coraline a couple months back. Very good movie. Worth seeing. Unless you don't like Tim Burton. Also, NOT FOR KIDS like it's been advertised.

This post has been edited by Henry on Jun 5 2009, 10:02 PM

--------------------
MJOLNIR armor: $1 million
MA5C Assualt Rifle: $2,000
M9 HE-DP Fragmentation Grenade: $100
Saving humanity from the Covenant: Priceless
There are some things in life that money can't buy. For everything else, there's Master Chief.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Get thy hiney out of thy country, and go to the Live of XBox of which I will tell you. And I will make a great Master Chief of you, and all the Master Chief's of the earth will be blessed through you.
N Compromise
Posted: Jun 5 2009, 10:30 PM

Meh

I am super lame and have not been to see a movie in a while. I've heard mixed things about Wolverine, but pretty much all good things about the Star Trek movie. Even if you're not a trekie.

Going back a bit, I also heard really great things about Doubt and Slumdog Millionaire, both of which I would like to see. Anyone seen either of those?

--------------------
danrahk31
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 07:59 PM

Fisher of Men

Group: Assistant Admin
Member No.: 59

I just saw Up today with my sister and I have to say it was excellent. Disney/Pixar have outdone themselves again. It was fun and funny, but it also had some serious themes. I loved their development of the idea of adventure. I highly recommend it. Although, I don't think seeing it in 3D made much of a difference.

--------------------
The image in my avatar is a picture from the Hubble Telescope of an "X" structure in the core of the Whirlpool Galaxy 15 million light years away. Looks strangely similar to a cross. Is God trying to get our attention?

תַלְמִיד יֵשׁוּעַ הַמָּשִׁיחַ בֶּן־אֱלהִים חַיִּים
Lewanuva2003
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 08:43 PM

Group: SUPER MODERATOR POWER!
Member No.: 60

I enjoyed Star Trek and Wolverine. I'm really looking forward to Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I didn't like Angels and Demons too much. I might want to see UP when it comes out on DVD.

However I really want to see this 24/7 Church video that's coming out very soon (Granted, I'm making it but...). tongue.gif

--------------------
Daniel/M/24
danrahk31
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 08:47 PM

Fisher of Men

Group: Assistant Admin
Member No.: 59

You know what looks good if it ever makes it out? The Exodus Conspiracy. It's a documentary about the historicity of the Biblical Exodus.

This is the site.

--------------------
The image in my avatar is a picture from the Hubble Telescope of an "X" structure in the core of the Whirlpool Galaxy 15 million light years away. Looks strangely similar to a cross. Is God trying to get our attention?

תַלְמִיד יֵשׁוּעַ הַמָּשִׁיחַ בֶּן־אֱלהִים חַיִּים
Rapture of the Damned
Posted: Jun 17 2009, 09:32 PM

Effortless

Member No.: 213

Gran Torino and Watchmen were the last two films I saw in theaters.

Both were pretty great, though I did prefer Gran Torino to Watchmen.

Clint Eastwood is so much cooler than someone who runs around in a humanoid Owl Costume.

--------------------
Do you see the way I walk away?
I never really know what I should say
So it comes out wrong
If it comes out at all
Kamaku
Posted: Jun 18 2009, 09:27 AM

Neue Fahne, bitte

Member No.: 3

The last two movies I've seen were Terminator and the Hangover. Terminator was pretty meh, did enjoy Arnold's cameo though. The Hangover is right up there with Superbad in terms of adult comedic genius. Loved it.

--------------------
XBL Gamertag: chevellion68
Darth Vader
Posted: Jun 18 2009, 03:47 PM

Every lament is a lovesong.

Group: Adminians
Member No.: 58

The Hangover was hilarious, Star Trek was epic and geekiness, and I loved it. Wolverine was fun, and UP made me tear up more than once. So moving.

--------------------
user posted image
peace by way of war is like purity by way of fornication
its like telling someone murder is wrong
and then showing them by way of execution
Henry
Posted: Jun 18 2009, 06:52 PM

Drives Ferraris

Member No.: 131

Saw Star Trek the other day. Knew it was going to be time travel. BUT YET IT WAS STILL GOOD. Somehow, they managed to make it work. (<<I don't usually like the whole time travelling thing...)

Saw Gran Torino on DVD the other day. One of the BEST movies I've ever seen. Ever.

--------------------
MJOLNIR armor: $1 million
MA5C Assualt Rifle: $2,000
M9 HE-DP Fragmentation Grenade: $100
Saving humanity from the Covenant: Priceless
There are some things in life that money can't buy. For everything else, there's Master Chief.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Get thy hiney out of thy country, and go to the Live of XBox of which I will tell you. And I will make a great Master Chief of you, and all the Master Chief's of the earth will be blessed through you.
N Compromise
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 09:33 PM

Meh

Anthony was watching Gran Torino last night and said it was super great.

I've heard from pretty much everyone that Up was really good. It was an animated movie I actually wanted to see for once.

And I actually want to see the Star Trek movie, even though I'm not a Trekie. Again, I've only heard good things about it.

Anyone wanting to see Away We Go?

This post has been edited by N Compromise on Jun 19 2009, 09:33 PM

--------------------
Punks Still Pray
Posted: Jun 20 2009, 09:10 AM

Makes soup look soupy!

Member No.: 125

Wolverine was a decent movie. I won't go into detail.

Need to see Gran Torino real bad. And I want to see Star Trek only because people keep saying it's epic even to non-Trekkies. And I want to see the new Terminator, but I need to see the previous installments first.

I also heard that Hangover was surprisingly hilarious.

--------------------
You're petty. It's a shame.
Kamaku
Posted: Jun 20 2009, 05:32 PM

Neue Fahne, bitte

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Punks Still Pray @ Jun 20 2009, 10:10 AM)
Need to see Gran Torino real bad. And I want to see Star Trek only because people keep saying it's epic even to non-Trekkies. And I want to see the new Terminator, but I need to see the previous installments first.

Gran Torino was win.

Star Trek was win.

Terminator was barely a win.

--------------------
XBL Gamertag: chevellion68
Martin
Posted: Jun 21 2009, 07:49 PM

and there he goes

Member No.: 134

Clint Eastwood is so much cooler than someone who runs around in a humanoid Owl Costume.

Hurr hurr.

Knew it was going to be time travel. BUT YET IT WAS STILL GOOD. Somehow, they managed to make it work.

Star Trek 4? The one with the whales? No? Terminator 1 and 2?

And I want to see the new Terminator, but I need to see the previous installments first

Get on that immediately. But skip 3.

I need to stay out of movie threads. HOW ABOUT THE GREEN CHAIN IT IS ABOUT LOGGING IN WESTERN CANADA
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive