Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (29) « First ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Serie A 2011-12
Martin
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:12 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (ursus arctos @ May 3 2012, 06:07 PM)
At least for Interisti resident in Milano, I think the choice this weekend will be easy.

It is a dark day when Juve win the scudetto, but when Milan win, one has to hear about it every day for months.

I can see why Inter fans in Milan would feel that way. On the other hand I know a Milan born Inter fan who while disliking Milan, just detests Juventus and he told me last week between the two he would probably rather see Milan instead of Juventus win the scudetto. He may no longer live in Milan but has an AC Milan supporting brother who won't easily let him forget if Milan win the scudetto.

--------------------
libero
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 88

Sunday will be one of those rare days when I will be pulling for Inter. I think you can count using the fingers of one hand the times when that has occurred! smile.gif

Juventus made their mistake on Wednesday in letting lecce tie. They control their own fate and the team which has not made many mistakes this season is perfectly capable of winning these next two matches. Of course a Juve win combined with a Milan loss to Inter and Juventus win the scudetto this weekend!
raconteur
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:44 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 81

"As Ljajic was entering the dugout, he turned to me and offended me in Serbian," Rossi told La Repubblica.

"But I have coached many Serbian players, and I understood what he said, he said 'f*** your mother'," he stated.

A coach of multi national teams learns a lot of insults in other languages! laugh.gif
TonyDE
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:55 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

On Saturday Fiorentina saved themselves with a 1-0 win over Lecce while Roma-Catania ended 2-2, a result which likely ends Roma's European hopes.

With Cagliari-Juventus and Milan-Inter to be played later tonight, here is a nice rundown of Sunday's earlier action and Udinese's big win,

With the two automatic places already claimed by Juventus and Milan, there is one qualification spot up for grabs.

Udinese leapfrogged Napoli into third after they beat nine-man Genoa 2-0 thanks to goals from Antonio Di Natale and Antonio Floro Flores.

Alessandro Diamanti and Matteo Rubin struck for Bologna to beat Napoli 2-0 and send them down to fifth.

Their misery was compounded when Blerim Dzemaili saw red minutes before the full-time whistle.

Fourth-placed Lazio are now two points behind Udinese - and one ahead of Lazio - after Libor Kozak and Lorik Cana notched away at Atalanta to give them a 2-0 victory.

In a topsy-turvy eight-goal thriller at Stadio Renzo Barbera, Fabrizio Miccoli bagged a hat-trick as Palmero drew 4-4 with Chievo.

The relegated pairing of Novara and Cesena met at the Stadio Silva Piola and it was the home side who claimed the spoils as Marco Rigoni netted a treble to secure a 3-0 win.

Earlier in the day Parma picked up three points at Siena, another 2-0 scoreline, with goals from Sebastian Giovinco and Sergio Floccari.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06052012/58/...hird-place.html
libero
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:11 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 88

Grazie Inter! And Grazie Juventus!

Juve beats Cagliari 2-0 while Inter rallies from 2-1 behind to beat Milan 4-2 giving Juventus an unassailable 4 point lead with 1 match left. Thus Juventus are Serie A champions!

Still unbeaten this season this has been an incredible year for Juventus and particularly for Antonio Conte who comes home to coach the club where he made a name for himself as a player and answers all the questions about whether he could transfer his Serie B coaching success to Serie A. We know the answer now.
rosarino
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:50 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

Congratulations libero on Juventus' title. Tough to say they did not deserve it after going all season unbeaten.

A big game from Diego Milito with 3 goals for Inter although 2 were via penalties. Maicon with a great goal for Inter's 4th, the one which buried Milan and handed the title to Juventus.
chacal
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 210

A scandalous penalty awarded to Milan when Julio Cesar the Inter goalie knocked the ball away then Boateng of Milan fell over his extended arm. How the ref could not see the ball change direction when Julio Cesar knocked it away is beyond belief. Fortunately Inter's comeback meant that penalty did not effect the outcome of the game and of the title race.
ursus arctos
Posted: May 7 2012, 08:04 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 135

One of the most ridiculous penalties I've ever seen awarded, followed unfortunately closely by the make up call against Nesta on a speculative shot from Pazzini that hit him in the arm from less than a metre away. Rizzoli lost the plot yet again.

Those incidents spoiled what was otherwise a very eventful derby, notable for brilliant goals by Maicon and Ibrahimovic and Milito's hat trick, but for me the absolute highlight was end to end run in the 80th+ minute by the immortal Javier Zanetti.

Congratulations to libero and all Juventini. A fully deserved title in the best traditions of the club.
Yogi
Posted: May 7 2012, 10:46 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Although ursus is an Inter fan I pretty much agree with his thoughts on the two penalties, the other nice goals scored last night and Zanetti's run. It was a tough loss for Milan to take but Inter were the better team on the day. And yes congratulations to libero on Juventus deserved title. Going unbeaten is quite a record and in the past month and a half Juve picked up their play and won the title by finishing stronger than Milan did

Nice gesture by Inter at the end for the retiring Ivan Cordoba too.
TonyDE
Posted: May 8 2012, 09:24 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

The appreciation shown Ivan Cordoba at the end was nice from Inter. A fine win against Milan on Sunday and the players all want Stramaccioni back as coach. It presents Moratti with an interesting dilemma, Strama has done the job since taking over but he is young [36], has no coaching experience other than Inter's Primavera (youth) team and the temptation to go with a bigger name will be great. But Stramaccioni has shown he can coach at this level and the backing of the players is key for his chances to remain as coach. Plus I think after the success of Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, initially with only 1 season coaching their B team, there is more acceptance now of hiring a young coach from within a club.

Congratulations to libero and all Juventus fans on their scudetto. Consistency was key to their win. Well that, improved defensive play, the midfield work of Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio and some vital goals by Vucinic. And most importantly good coaching by Conte, he has the opportunity to become Juve's coach for years to come.
raconteur
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 81

Stramaccioni deserves the Inter job in my opinion. He is producing results and as noted has the players on his side, an important ally in gaining the fulltime appointment.

Milan lost the scudetto two months ago when they risked a half fit Thiago Silva vs Roma. As we keep harping here (at least Yogi and I the Milan fans) he has not played since then. And look how ragged Milan's defense was against Inter.

Nevertheless, my congratulations to libero and all Juventus fans on their club's triumph. Now just cut out the silliness coming from Juventus of claiming this is their 30th title and they deserve a 3rd star on their jerseys. Two of those titles were taken away because of calciopoli!
Yogi
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:12 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

I thought Juventus were trying to bring class back to their club again and for the most part they have done that, then they go and try and pull a stunt off like claiming this is their 30th title. Sad.

Yes we Milan fans still lament the unnecessary loss of Thiago Silva at the most inopportune time.

Alessandro Nesta is leaving the club as he feels he no longer can be an everyday player due to the physical demands required. Nesta is 36 and still is one of the classiest defenders around. In his prime there was in my mind no finer defender around, including Cannavaro.
ursus arctos
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:32 AM

Advanced Member

Nesta's entire career is much more impressive than that of Cannavaro, who benefited from reaching his peak on the biggest stage possible.

If Nesta had been able to remain healthy, I'd rank him among the greatest Italian defenders of all time, up on Olympus with Scirea and Fachetti.
gaviota
Posted: May 10 2012, 10:08 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 77

I agree about Nesta but would include Baresi and Maldini on that list ursus arctos of the great Italian defenders.

Luis Enrique announced today he is leaving Roma. So his project of rebuilding there has ended prematurely. Maybe Tito Vilanova can give him a job as one of his assistants now? biggrin.gif

--------------------
¡España, Campeones del Mundo!
¡Real Madrid, Campeones de España!
ursus arctos
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:11 AM

Advanced Member

It wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

I agree with both of your nominations, and would also include Zanetti.
« Next Oldest | Italy | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (29) « First ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0710 seconds | Archive