InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Elizabeth Lambert
raconteur
Posted: Nov 6 2009, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 81

My advice is do not piss off Elizabeth Lambert, she is a defender with the University of New Mexico and check out this video of her brutal attacks on opponents from BYU in their college conference semifinal:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerins..._nastiness.html

Amazingly she was not red carded, only given a yellow for kicking a ball after an opponent had been fouled. Either she disguised her fouls well or the referee and linesmen/women were blind!

Check out those fouls, the off the ball punches and to top it all off the ponytail drag down.
Martin
Posted: Nov 6 2009, 03:44 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Vinnie Jones have I found a woman for you!

Wow those fouls are incredibly brutal and as raconteur writes amazingly she was not sent off. The comments on the video link are actually pretty tame, those are some of the most vicious fouls you will see in a game, no matter the sex. Not only should she be suspended but that referee should not be allowed to officiate for a long time.

--------------------
vince stravino
Posted: Nov 6 2009, 05:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 40

Startling to say the least! All I can say is "What the $%#$@???" Amazing stuff. She will be forever pasted into the Video Thug Hall of Fame. A true dunce.
rosarino
Posted: Nov 6 2009, 07:44 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

Shocking to say the least. It was discussed that her attacks were off the ball, well only some, there are some where she is jumping with an attacker for the ball and either kicks her or punches her. How could the referee let these things go? She's committed about 4 or 5 red cardable offenses on this video.
Yogi
Posted: Nov 7 2009, 10:29 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Wasn't Andoni Goicochea the guy who broke Diego Maradona's ankle known as the Butcher of Bilbao? Well maybe Elizabeth Lambert should be called the Assassin from Albuquerque? Those were absolutely brutal fouls.

Anyway she has been suspended indefinitely by her team,

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylt=Agdn...ov=ap&type=lgns

But I am thinking if they lost in the conference semifinals wasn't their season going to be over anyway?
raconteur
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 10:52 PM

Advanced Member

I rewatched the tape and the yellow card Lambert received was not for kicking a ball in the face of a downed BYU player, it was Lambert who tripped the attacker who then had the ball booted in her face by one of Lambert's teammates. Ironically the foul she was carded for was the tamest foul she commits on the tape!
Winslow
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 09:17 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 29

This video made it to the Today show this morning. Does she qualify to play for Guatemala? tongue.gif
robdog
  Posted: Nov 9 2009, 04:33 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 16

What makes me a bit disturb is the fact that more people are talkin' about this Lambert person & she didn't even hurt her opponent. Did you see that tackle by Abby Wambach on Daniela this past summer??? Not many people made a fuss over that tackle, but everyone is going crazy about Lambert's rough play. blink.gif

--------------------
dafyd
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 05:04 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (robdog @ Nov 9 2009, 08:33 PM)
What makes me a bit disturb is the fact that more people are talkin' about this Lambert person & she didn't even hurt her opponent. Did you see that tackle by Abby Wambach on Daniela this past summer??? Not many people made a fuss over that tackle, but everyone is going crazy about Lambert's rough play.  blink.gif

Thing is, robdog, there's a matter of intent... when you put your hand into a fist and punch someone, or grab a ponytail and try and yank it out of someone's skull, there's no question about the intent.

Wambach's tackle was just that, an attempt to make a tackle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v1H3FPpiTI

Granted, it was poorly judged, but that's Wambach. Consider:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8H5QGDmc_g

--------------------
raconteur
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 06:51 AM

Advanced Member

The Vinnie Jones of female soccer is back from her suspension,

Welcome Back Elizabeth Lambert
Alexao
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 08:02 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 161

A younger version of Elizabeth Lambert:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-p...-103322121.html

Damn!

--------------------
Xandão
Yogi
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 08:32 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Damn is right, and the puncher is 18 so has been charged with assault.
« Next Oldest | Women's Soccer | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0976 seconds | Archive