InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Reyna to MLS?
Zinfandel
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 11:48 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

QUOTE (James @ Feb 13 2007, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (The Infamous Dan the Red @ Jan 23 2007, 10:27 AM)
Rumor has it that Claudio's wife is pregnant and wants to come home, which played a big part in the decision on both sides.

So I guess we can look forward to the U.S. having a decent central-midfielder again in about 20 years.

I think I will say it again because I like the idea.

Being back in the US, and assuming that he is doing well, will put a great deal of pressure on Reyna to resume his international career.

There are obviously the two big hurdles--playing well and being injury free. But, it is the rare MLS player who has ever called "time" on his international career. It is the guys overseas playing in big leagues and having to travel across time zones while deserting their teams against great pressure from their managers who have retired early from international careers.

If Reyna comes back, please remember that I said it first. If he stays retired despite being fit, playing well and getting pressure to come back, then forget all about this discussion. smile.gif
Manzanares
Posted: Feb 16 2007, 03:36 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

That's an interesting point brought up by our wine loving poster Zinfandel. The travel demands of playing domestically won't eb as great as stated. Maybe it will also depend, in addition to Reyna's health, on how well the US' central midfielders are playing this year? But at 33 now that would make Reyna 36 or 37 by 2010 (not sure when his birthday is and am too lazy to look it up!) and does the US really want to place any hopes on an aging midfielder? Even if the youngster players aren't producing as well in the central midfield position I think it would be better for the US to continue trying out the younger players instead of Reyna.
« Next Oldest | MLS | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0603 seconds | Archive