Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Soccer Futbol Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Golazos, Links and discussion of great goals
ursus arctos
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 07:06 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

Heh. I won't comment on his psychological makeup, but Reed most definitely is a US national team fan.

Zidane is in a more difficult position, but Altintop is further out and has a more difficult angle. I also think that the pass he gets is a bit more difficult (as I mentioned on OTF, one thing I had forgotten about the Zidane goal is just how perfect the cross was; Roberto Carlos gave Zizou time to plant himself and turn).
Yogi
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 07:20 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Yes Zidane did have time to plant himself and shoot while Altintop had to run around and position himself properly to hit a ball coming at him faster than Zidane's did but Sergio's point is I think important to remember, once they were each set, Altintop was facing goal, Zidane was not and had to twist his body to get his shot on goal. That to me make shis shot slightly more difficult. yet each are beautiful goals and a real treat to watch again so I wont be too picky!
Johnbuildr
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 08:58 AM

Advanced member

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Sporting @ Sep 13 2010, 07:43 AM)
QUOTE (Johnbuildr @ Sep 13 2010, 01:33 PM)

BTW, wasn't that GK doubly foolish in that a pk taker can follow up on a rebound and slam it home as well?

Not in a penalty shootout, though.

Oh, it was in a shoot out. Ok, thanks.

--------------------
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Johnbuildr
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 09:42 AM

Advanced member

Member No.: 2

LOL! I too will go with any goal to beat Mexico in a Cup final match!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Merengue
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 03:53 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Yogi @ Sep 11 2010, 05:17 PM)
Look at this video as the goalie for FAR Rabat in Morocco thinks he has saved a penalty kick in a Cup game and turns and celebrates with his fans while the ball is spinning back into the net!

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-...?urn=sow-268819

Now that is embarassment!

More from the same goalie Khaled Askri of FAR Rabat:

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-...?urn=sow-272457

This time after foolishly losing the ball and thereby giving up a goal, he just rips his shirt and gloves off and runs off the field. A self substitution. Actually it looks like this guy needs some psychological help.

--------------------
Sergio
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 07:39 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

That was an epic breakdown by the goalie. No doubt he needs some time away from the field to get his mind right again.

--------------------
"You left as a champion, you will always be in our hearts. Rest in Peace Christian Benítez."
Merengue
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 01:31 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ok we have not opened this thread in a while and what I will link to was not even a goal, it went off the post but watch this play and shot by Leandro Damiao, a 21 year old forward with Brasil and Internacional. Remember the name because this kid has game!

--------------------
Martin
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 02:00 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Leandro Damiao is a star in the making. I have written this before in the Brazilian forum but he reminds me of a young Careca. Keep an eye out for him in the future.

--------------------
Santista
Posted: Sep 15 2011, 03:08 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 192

QUOTE (Martin @ Sep 15 2011, 02:00 PM)
Leandro Damiao is a star in the making. I have written this before in the Brazilian forum but he reminds me of a young Careca. Keep an eye out for him in the future.

That is a pretty good comparison Martin. Like Careca, Damiao is quick, good in the air and has pretty good technique. And both loved to run onto through passes and score, a little compilation of some of Careca's goals with Brasil's national team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhj2uGo2r0

You will note some similarities betwene his style of play and Leandro Damiao's. But I never recall Careca pulling off a play like Damiao did last night!
Don Balon
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 11:05 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 95

Simon
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

You have to love this own goal from Israel!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2...P=ILCNETTXT3486
chacal
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 07:50 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 210

QUOTE (Simon @ Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM)

That has to rank up there as one of the great own goals I have ever seen! An autogolazo we would say in Spanish! That was some wind though. I wonder what level of play that was? Did not look like a first division stadium, actually it looke dmore like a local park!
Yogi
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 08:59 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Simon @ Mar 1 2012, 12:33 PM)

Oi vey!

That is not just a wind that is practically a hurricane!
SuperEagle
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 10:05 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 74

Great video and what an own goal, definitely one of the more humourous ones I have ever seen.

Back to the main topic, great goals, here is one I also linked in the English Premier League discussion, Robin Van Persie's injury time game winner for Arsenal vs Liverpool.

One of the great volleys I have seen in recent years. Perhaps the best since Zidane's great game winner in the 2002 Champions League final, which remains to this day the best volleyed goal I have ever seen.
raconteur
Posted: Aug 17 2013, 07:17 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 81

Ok I will revive this thread with a link I also placed in the MLS thread but it can gain other viewers being placed here too. Juan Agudelo of New England with an audacious backheeled flick over Chicago's goalkeeper and into the net!

A brilliant goal.
« Next Oldest | General Soccer Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1476 seconds | Archive