InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to SV Loyalty. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

TEXT/CODE HERE

kanako mero*mero hiddenhappiness reo-chan isa-chan hina-chan

TEXT/CODE HERE

TEXT/CODE HERE

TEXT/CODE HERE

Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

newreply    new topic    newpoll  

My Study Abroad in Japan, Get all the dirt <3
Sumire
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 02:19 AM

Omnomnomnomnom

Group: Loyalties
Member No.: 119

Okay so some of you may know I'm studying in Japan right now. Right now I'm entering the final leg of my adventure (which began in September) and will be back in the States by the end of May

I was nervous about coming here cause I had no idea how it'd be like, and to be honest, Japan was in many ways nothing what I expected it to be.

For those who would like to study in Japan or are simply curious about the culture and my experiences, fire away!

I'll be happy to answer all questions.

Just keep in mind that these are my experiences, and others may have completely different opinions on life here.

Sorry if I offend anybody out there! I don't mean to, and please do chip in if you feel differently <3!

--------------------
user posted image
^
hiddenhappiness
Posted: Apr 11 2010, 07:15 AM

▌♥ ▌
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 24

Oohh interesting!
What program are you taking? And what school did you transfer to?

And... pictures? :)

--------------------

Just believe and Always remember that You'll never walk alone. Forever 7♥♥
^
Wheee319
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 02:56 AM

Strawberry Ice Cream

Member No.: 48

That's so cool! :grin:

Do you know Japanese? If not, how hard was it to communicate, live, and study there?

--------------------
user posted image
♥icon: miseiko@lj
♥banner: heartfelt@2OD
^
Kanako
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 06:57 AM

Master//Slave//Bishie Queen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

What were your expectations of Japan? Were the negative or positive, and how did they not live up to them?

--------------------
To claim an Anime/Manga Bishie click my sig!
user posted image
^
mero*mero
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 06:19 PM

DAZZLING ♕ CHARGIN
Group Icon

Group: New Group
Member No.: 6

are the japanese as xenophobic as they are portrayed?
did you feel discriminated against or left like you didn't belong?

how hard/easy was it to communicate with pple?
was your daily routine different than your routine at home?
^
Sumire
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 09:59 AM

Omnomnomnomnom

Member No.: 119

Haha sorry I'm late guys!

I'm doing a sister school program! It's a school called Keimei Gakuen...which is actually not the most fun school but whatever...

Japan...

Didn't live up to my expectations in many ways. Because no matter how much music you listen to, and how much manga you read, Japan is very, very different.

Japanese people idolize foreigners from a distance. They're in all the cool advertisements and many are models, however when it comes to being friends with them...different story.

Many are just shy of their English skills...well they're just shy in general. At least in my school, people make groups, groups, groups...many don't talk to each other, even though they've been in the same school for however many odd years.

And they're quiet! If you ride the subway in New York there's bound to be noise right? In Japan...the trains are yes, *gasp* silent. Whoa.

And you'll never see too much public affection...Japanese love is innocent love ahaha. Cute, innocent love.

As for my daily routine...well the train system is huge. So I usually go to school and go somewhere afterwards. The shopping is great here...but get a job because there are too many ways to spend it...too many...

When I came here I couldn't speak Japanese but now I'm semi - fluent. It's difficult at the beginning...here there's this thing called Kuuki Yomenai. Meaning reading the atmosphere - something Americans definitely can't do. You have to know what other people want and are thinking without them saying it! Quite easy to mess up...

I got used to everything now though, and I'm having more fun. Your experience is really determined on what friends you have, so if you come, choose wisely.

Any more questions?

--------------------
user posted image
^
fukachan
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 05:49 AM

暗殺部隊師匠

Member No.: 636

i studied in Japan too, last may-june2010.. at the Japan Foundation, Kansai. Heck, it was fun! :kawaii: as much as possible, i didn't want to go back to my kuni. Afterall, we build greater bonds with my co-delegates. I met lots of people from different countries, 15 countries to be exact. And life in Japan was superb! I can't find any negative comments about it, expect, the food and the stuffs are highly expensive..but, more or less, no non other. :grin: I wish I can come to Japan as much as possible.. Osaka's the best place for me :crush:

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image <~ thanks to Lem-chan
^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options   newreply    new topic    newpoll  

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2223 seconds | Archive

skinned by ola of rcr & rpg-d