BOARD RULES! READ THEM!
Okay, these are the rules. Break them, and you suffer dire consequences. Or get a warning.
First, a guide.
1st offence: warn level raised
2nd offence: Verbal warning through PM
3rd offence: 1 day suspension
4th offence: 1 week suspension
5th offense: demoted to member rank "The Damned"
6th offence: Banned 1 months
7th offense: Permanent Ban (can appeal)
8th offense: PERMANENT BAN (no appeal)
So you see we are pretty lenient.
1. Swearing MUST be kept to a minimum.
2. No verbal attacks
3. No hate mail
4. No teasing, Please respect other members. Do not flame or harass them. Treat people how you want to be treated. Under no circumstances will racist, sexist, or ethnic commentary be tolerated.
5. No spam except in spam threads
6. No 1-word posts. Emoticons don't count as words.
7. DO NOT advertise in posts. They are allowed only in advertisement threads and Signatures.
8. An Admin can change the punishment for offenses if he/she feels it is necessary.
9. DO NOT request to be a mod or admin anywhere except a PM to an admin or the Webmaster's office.
10. An admin can Add/change rules at any time, but ONLY if they run it with the head admin first.
11. If you feel wrongly punished, please inform an administrator.
12. Keep Sig images at a level where they aren't too large.
13. Rules can be VETOed by an admin vote of 2 out of 3.
14. Please try to avoid going off topic. (No warn level, just verbal warning, it isn't really a punishment, either, unless done continually)
15. Keep arguments in argument topics
16. Banned members can view the site, but only the admin offices, for safety reasons, of course.
17. Do not double post.
18. Treat Moderators and Administrators with the same respect as you would anyone else. If you don't agree with a decision of the Mod, PM the mod about it first. If that doesn't work and/or you feel unfairly treated, PM an Admin. Do not go to another mod or Admin in hopes of going around the decisions of others. Do note that and Admin has final say in any situation.
19. Stealing art, literary works, sprites, or anything that doesn't belong to you will not be tolerated.
20. Do not post anything that is not work safe, incredibly gross imagery, nudity ("Love Hina" style is allowed 'no nipples equals not porn') or over-the-top violence/blood. Seeing as some comics are pretty violent, if your creative piece has these themes, put a Not Quite Safe For Work [NQSFW] warning in the title for your thread and before the link(s).
21. Do not start wars with other forums (or respond to attacks from other forums).
22. Please don't make politically or religiously aimed threads and posts. These usually turn ugly quickly.
23. If you are receiving critique on a project, you're receiving it for a reason. Do not ignore it; making excuses to not fix something bogs down a topic, can lead to a flamewar if it gets bad enough, and will get you warned for spam or worse.
24. And the last one, is that all-important thing called Common Sense. We'll use ours, not yours, as a basis; if it's not up here, but you still think that you shouldn't be doing it, then don't do it.
25. ANYONE who threatens the sanctity of this forum will be banned, deleted, and unable to re-join the forum. (This decision was made after a "certain" member threatened the forum, so it's a rule now.)
NOTE: (quoting Darkrai)
Reporting: off to the left in my post? That there is the Report button. If something is wrong, such as something as major as a flamewar, or even as minor as a misplaced thread, we advise you to use it. It makes our job easier, and less threads get out of hand. Unless you're a good peacekeeper for flamewars, we ask that you only use the Report feature; somebody will take care of the problem.
Profile: Moderators and forumers alike would appreciate it if you kept your signatures and your avatars small. A good limit for a signature is a combined image limit of 500 pixels wide by 150 tall, being no larger than 200kb, with avatars being 150x150 and 100kb. If a mod catches you with a huge sig, we won't be afraid to pull off the whole thing.