Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Megadriel forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

angels-forum rules

Lumiel
Yahushua
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 09:32 AM

Ischim

Group: Members
Member No.: 496

Does anyone have any knowledge on Lumiel??? This is how much i've found out so far: In the Kabbalah, Lumiel is sometimes considered to be the angel of the earth. He is sometimes considered to be both a planetary angel and an Archangel. However, Sandalphon and Uriel are more usually associated with the element of earth. Lumiel has always been controversial, and many people consider him a "dark angel."

--------------------
"Nil nisi clavis deest.
Si talia jungere possis sit tibi scire satis"
Yahushua
Posted: Mar 20 2011, 05:37 PM

Ischim

Someone on here must know Lumiels Sigil??

--------------------
"Nil nisi clavis deest.
Ariel of Megadriel
Posted: Mar 21 2011, 10:41 PM

.:Administrator:.

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Lumiel (Lama, Lu Ma, Lamas, Lamassu, Lamiel, Lumael, Luma'il) is a variant of "Lama'el" or "Luma'el".
His name roughly translates into "The reason/hidden of God" or "the God of why's". He is an Archangel, but also a Cherubim and of a suborder of angels who act as intercessors & prayer receivers. In this role he was particularly unique to the Chaldeans, who believed him (based on his namesake "Imlama" - who was a guardian of the secret of the very rich concept that God does not reveal the "reasons" for the events of life/death but keeps them hidden. In the ancient world, prayers that involved the idea of "why" (such as "why is this happening?"/"why can't I...?") were given a sort of status above prayers of petitions or worship. They were considered powerful, but also dangerous, because they were never answered directly & could yield unpredictable consequences. They were usually avoided & sometimes taught as blasphemy, but usually used in desperate situations, & evoked as curses. Lama'el was first considered a 'dark' angel based on his association with this concept. He received prayers such as these & dispensed blessings or curses based on the nature of the prayer.

In this role he is also a Cherub, and to the Chaldeans he was associated with Nirgal & one of the 4 principal spirits of protection. He was invoked at the end of rituals and invocations to 'clear' unwanted spirits remaining & to exorcise hidden demons. He was represented (as most Cherubim are) as a sphinx or chimeric, with the body of a lion & the head of a man.

As an Archangel he is simply called an Archangel of the Earth, and is usually seen as one of the authorities over the element of Earth. He is also an angel of air & of the West. He is also a ruling angel over Tuesday.

In Islamic lore he was called "Luma'il" & invoked in rites of exorcism.

His name was mistranscribed & identified with Lucifer's through the writings of Grimoires & mystics such as Madeline Montalban. In the variation used: "Lumiel", the name is said to mean "Light of God", however, this is a greek root "Lumin" (light) & a Semitic suffix "El" (God) thus the title is invented & not original. In Greek the name would be "Heylel" & in Greek it would be "heusolumen" or "Lumentheus."

I will post up his script here in a few days.

~Ari'el
Yahushua
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 04:46 PM

Ischim

I am still waiting for the script?

--------------------
"Nil nisi clavis deest.
Ariel of Megadriel
Posted: Mar 25 2011, 07:00 PM

Here are some sigils associated with Lumiel (Lamael)...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I will post up descriptions for them tomorrow.
~Ari'el
xion
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 10:52 PM

Ischim

Member No.: 601

Are the markings images of fixes Behenian Stars? what are they identified from? Is l'Lumiel" associated with any particular key?
Lamael
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:33 AM

Ischim

Member No.: 657

Although Ariel's breakdown of the components of the name Lamael may be correct, Lamael is "In the Light of the Source". Lamael has been incarnate throughout history. His mission has been the ideal of Christ, "the liberation of humanity from the illusion of separation founded upon love and compassion". Lamael was Akhenaton, associated with Moses, knew and was very close to Jesus, etc. The mission has always been one, the guises have been many. The task is not done yet. I have no tangible proof to give you on any of these things, so sense it for yourself and decide. There is but one universal truth... "The Source Is Infinite". If you want to see where the rabbit hole goes, there is a book called "Free of Illusion".
Lamael
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:38 AM

Ischim

...see you in the breeze
Ariel of Megadriel
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 04:03 PM

That may be an interpretation of the name but "light of the source" is not a correct transliteration.

Lumin is a Greek root - the genitive singular form of "lumi" - meaning "to shine".

El is a Semitic suffix meaning: "deity / divinely mighty one / God".

In Semitic form, the name "light of God" would be "Heylel" & in Greek it would be "heusolumen" or "Lumentheus."

The root for Lamael comes from "la'ma" or "lama", an Aramaic form of the earlier Semitic root "l'ma". (In Hebrew, it is traditionally "lema".) It is a composite of two primitive roots: "la'ah" (meaning: weary or impatient) & "mah" (meaning: what / how / why?). In its basic form, it translates as "why?" & indicates a plea for answers.
(It is best known in transliteration from Aramaic in Jesus' cry on the cross of: "Eloi Eloi Lama Sabachthani" - "My God, My God, why have you left me?!")

In Greek transliteration, it is still "lama" & means the same ("why"). However, it is only used in the context of the Aramaic/Hebrew translation. "Lama" is not related to "Lumi". It is not even a variation of a natural Greek root. The variant of the name in Greek would be "Lamael", the same as in Aramaic since it is a direct translation. In Hebrew it would be "Lemael" or "Lemiel". The variation "Lumiel" is not Greek, it is a transcription error of the Hebrew name, & predisposed to be based on the Greek root lumin: "to shine."

Lumiel / Lamael is a Semitic name meaning basically: "the question of God", as an indication of questioning the mystery or secrets behind an unknown plan (i.e. God's plan). My breakdown of the components of the name could not have been correct if the correct translation was "light of the source."

I am not saying that there is no angel with that title or meaning, but translation of the name "Lumael" as "light of the source" is called 'folk' interpretation. It is an applied meaning of the name & not based in its actual translation / etymology. It concerns me when it is applied as a concrete translation in an angelology forum.

~Ari'el
xion
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 06:47 PM

Ischim

Thank you for the email. i think what you are doing is wonderful Ariel..

i know your method is logical in response and informative. I also feel you are a tremendous guiding force for many with seriously deep spiritual situations. The Bible leaves reference to the second coming of Christ
it is a brief statement as in the days of Noah.In the days of Noah there were angels on the Earth the Watchers, being the end times perhaps
we will be seeing something of this nature again..what are your thoughts on this.

xion
Lamael
Posted: Aug 20 2011, 07:46 PM

Ischim

Ari'el...

I am not arguing as to the literal/etymological breakdown of the name. I am just letting you know that Lamael is associated with "in the light of the Source".

That's all...

As for what Yeshua said on the cross, well, one would have had to be there and remember. Maybe he said "Lamael" wink.gif

...see you in the breeze (and thanks for the info)
Ariel of Megadriel
Posted: Aug 21 2011, 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Lamael @ Aug 20 2011, 07:46 PM)
I am not arguing as to the literal/etymological breakdown of the name. I am just letting you know that Lamael is associated with "in the light of the Source".

I understand. I was attempting to clarify because the wording of your post implied translation. As an angelology forum it is important to elaborate on certain knowledge if it is somewhat vague or contradictory, as it can be misleading in any direction. (It is not my job to point out direction, but to elaborate that there are several directions, typically, in angel information.)

The translation of Lumiel to mean "Light of God", is very common in mysticism involved in Gnostic origins. Gnosticism related mysticism did adopt many Hebrew - Greek transliterated names as meaning both the Hebrew form & Greek form in combination. It also got some titles confused with Latin terms, such as "Luci". The names Luciel, Lucifel, & Lumiel are all equated in Gnostic mysticism with Lucifer.

The basis of this was the belief of Gnostic systems that most ancient myth & mysticism was interrelated & symbolic. It did not matter what a perfect etymology brought because etymology itself was also a form of the spiritual 'prison' of worldly things. Worldly "truth" is considered an oxymoron in Gnosticism, and the etymology of a name fit in this category. The goal of Gnostic mysticism was to connect symbolism in order to expose spiritual truth.

Xion,
Lamael is commonly associated with properties of Venus (directly correlated with those associations with the title "Lucifer" described above). As "Lumiel", he has been attributed some authority over the fixed star "Sirius" (Σείριος, Sopdet, Sothis). This is the only Behenian fixed star which is attached to the course of Venus alone. (There are other Behenian stars who share properties of Venus & a second planet.)

The above sigils are not directly associated with Behenian stars, though some do include symbols of Venus. I will finish the above post in the next few days with descriptions of the known symbols.

i know your method is logical in response and informative. I also feel you are a tremendous guiding force for many with seriously deep spiritual situations.

I must be fairly rigid to keep the right 'atmosphere' on these forums. There are no 'focused' forums dedicated solely to angelology that I have seen. The usual traffic here is visitors who have a direct question or want to scan all the posts for information. They typically visit for a couple of days & then become inactive. There are also visitors who start discussions that are very esoteric & vague, usually implying that they have knowledge that is contradictory to what is assumed in angelology. They also become inactive very quickly, usually before offering any elaboration. So, while discussion & interpretation is encouraged here, it is important to make sure the posts contain sourced information.

In the days of Noah there were angels on the Earth the Watchers, being the end times perhaps we will be seeing something of this nature again..what are your thoughts on this.

In the time of the Watchers, the population was devastated by flood because so many had been directly influenced by their corruption. In all major flood myths, it was not a surprise that the Earth had been corrupted. The flood & punishment of the Grigori was a reaction to the cries of man. The judgment placed on the Watchers was severe & binding. Though there is myth that some may be 'wandering', it seems unlikely that the same incident of Watchers descending would occur. Though, more angels on earth, in general, is a common theme in eschatology (the study of the end times).

~Ari'el
SingAlongSong
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 06:06 PM

Ischim

Member No.: 512

From my perspective this forum is a study in and of itself. I enjoy learning about angels like Lamael and what not, those I have heard little to none of. I enjoy ari'el pulling up references for me to read. And I enjoy learning which angels people are interested in. I find the nature of discussion fitting in this topic to the early definition of Lumiel's name.
Ariel of Megadriel
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 11:58 PM

I'm glad to hear that, as it is what the forum is intended to be. Angelology is a sub-genre of theology, but it gets very little attention in theological discussion. It is also often a departure from religion to discuss angels at length, & that is probably one of the reasons most theologists keep a limited amount of research on angels but do not focus on them entirely.

The sad reality is, though there is much information on angels that has been recorded, very little has ever been compiled together. There are only a handful of books who list angels by name & really give in depth information.

This means lesser known angels who 'could' be given 'biographies' full of information are usually only known by one or two sentences summing up their known history. Books such as Gustav Davidson's Dictionary of Angels must have this approach because they would be too large if each description was elaborated to the fullest. There is simply too much angel information out there for one volume & so there is no real source for the bulk of angelology. One day, perhaps Megadriel.com will change that.

And it is discussions, such as the etymology of Lumiel's name, which 'flesh out' the biographies of the lesser known angels.

~Ari'el
xion
Posted: Sep 19 2011, 03:31 PM

Ischim

I think this forum is changing that. I am glad i found it. you findings and knowledge is grounded..often things seem multi-level as I study but this forum keeps me grounded. I still am trying to wrap my head around the fallen angels,watchers..I for some reason see them as different groups from different "fallen " periods of time..like the abyss seems to have fallen before all . just working through perspectives maybe.

thanks for being here though.

xion
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Open Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1128 seconds | Archive