Mobius

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Paging Mark Wickum!, A “Mobians Reunited” query…
Steve Guariento
Posted: Dec 8 2004, 06:48 AM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 145

You know how it is: you get used to someone being around, take them for granted, and then suddenly, pshht!…they’re gone, like some kind of cybernautical Keyser Soze. Which is by way of a preamble to my main question: where is former board moderator Mark Wickum these days?

I suppose the internet community is by its very nature an ephemeral creature, subject to abrupt whims and fancies, and nothing and nobody ever stays around forever…but Mark used to be such a reliable fixture of the Mobius-That-Was that I’m more than a little surprised to find he hasn’t migrated back to the fold after the diaspora following the Great Server Crash…

Mark can always be depended upon to hold firm, well-articulated opinions and I kind of miss his presence from the current forum(s), enjoyable though they remain. I’m really hoping that his absence merely indicates a renewed focus on his work (wasn’t he writing a novel? and does he still supply Anchor Bay with biographical material for their DVD releases?) and not anything more serious, but it would be nice to hear from him again, or indeed from anyone who can set my fretting mind at ease. Incidentally, Todd, if you feel this thread is inappropriate, intrusive, off-topic or just none of my damn business, then feel free to delete it; this is simple curiosity on my part, mingled with a bit of MHVF nostalgia, so it’s hardly vital to world peace. Maybe I’m getting too attached to this old place, and just need to grow a sense of proportion about it all…or maybe, as I’m sure they used to say on DAWSON’S CREEK, I just “need closure” on this. tongue.gif
Todd Harbour
Posted: Dec 9 2004, 07:49 PM

Administrator

Group: MHVF Founder
Member No.: 1

Mark is alive and well -- I spoke with him just a few weeks ago. But he's currently without regular Internet access after a move, and may not have access any time soon because of limited broadband access in his area.
Steve Guariento
Posted: Dec 10 2004, 02:28 AM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 145

Thanks, Todd. I hope Mark rejoins our church soon. His contributions are sorely missed.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0669 seconds | Archive