Mobius

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

MHVF.NET is functional again., Our URL is being forwarded here now.
Todd Harbour
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 05:55 PM

Administrator

Group: MHVF Founder
Member No.: 1

If you'd like to go back to using our old familiar URL of MHVF.NET, it's set up so you're automatically forwarded to this temporary forum. Eventually it will be pointed to our new server once it comes online.

Unless it would severely freak anyone out, I'm seriously considering changing/updating the name of our site from "Mobius Home Video Forum" since it doesn't fully encompass what we are. That means a new URL based on the new name might be created, although we'll continue to maintain the old URL as a legacy forwarding domain.

If this change would alarm you in any way, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Yvonne Teh
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 11:17 PM

Mobian

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 107

"I'm seriously considering changing/updating the name of our site from "Mobius Home Video Forum" since it doesn't fully encompass what we are."

Presume you're thinking about changing the "Home Video" part of the name. If so, have no objections whatsoever. Hope you keep the "Mobius" though since that's how many of us refer to the forum plus know it by.
Todd Harbour
Posted: Oct 31 2004, 12:05 AM

Administrator

"Mobius" ain't going anywhere, don't worry. cool.gif
Paul Iannone
Posted: Oct 31 2004, 02:19 AM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Todd Harbour @ Oct 30 2004, 05:55 PM)
That means a new URL based on the new name might be created, although we'll continue to maintain the old URL as a legacy forwarding domain.

Okay, it's stupid question time: What's a URL?

Furthermore, what did you have in mind for a new name? And is the name the only thing that's going to change, or did you have some other ideas in mind?

Just curious/excited.

--------------------
Todd Harbour
Posted: Oct 31 2004, 09:03 AM

Administrator

An URL is the Web address of your domain -- in our case, it's http://www.mhvf.net. What I'm saying is that our primary URL may change from http://www.mhvf.net to something else if we decide to change the name of our site since the acronym MHVF would no longer apply.

No firm ideas yet; just brainstorming. As far as other changes, I haven't thought that far ahead yet -- I'm more focused on just getting the forum portion going. But I'm certainly open to suggestions and feedback.
Steve Guariento
Posted: Nov 5 2004, 09:50 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 145

"I'm seriously considering changing/updating the name of our site from "Mobius Home Video Forum" since it doesn't fully encompass what we are."

Well, simplicity's the key, I suppose - can't be anything too unwieldy.

Just as a suggestion, how does "Mobius CineForum" sound? It's bland but gives you a straightforward URL, at least (mcf.net), and does suggest a broader remit than the previous Home Video moniker...

Travis Dockweiler
Posted: Nov 9 2004, 05:11 AM

Unregistered

changing the name is fine by me..but keep mobius in the name. I suggest something plain if you have to change it. I still don't see a problem with "mobius home video forum". couldn't it be something like "mobius home movie forum"/"mobius movie forum". Or even just "mobius video forum". Is it that video makes it appear as if it's a forum for just VHS movie discussion or something?!

or how about "mobius digital versatile disc forum". ok, i'm kidding. does anyone even really call DVDs "versatile discs"? not me. still digital video disc to me. Sorry, i'm bored.

I'd just leave it as it is for now. do you really want to mess with getting a new domain and everything? after everyone knows you as mhvf.net? Seems you'd lose a lot of traffic if you did so.

Michael Mackenzie
Posted: Nov 9 2004, 01:18 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 40

How about the Mobius Home Entertainment Forum? It remains reasonably similar to the old title but encompasses all home viewing formats. Obviously, that still doesn't cover theatrical releases, so this might not be the best idea.

--------------------
Wade Sowers
Posted: Nov 11 2004, 01:02 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 58

. . . I must agree with Travis in that the mhvf URL (I also wondered what the heck that was) seems firmly implanted in the ether - the "home video" part certainly does not seem to have been a limiting factor as we currently spend a good deal of time in a spirited discussion of many worthy (and unworthy) new films as they appear on the cinema screens of the world . . . but, if you folks think a brand new URL will do some good, expand our horizons, go ahead and change it; I will track you down whatever you do . . .
Todd Harbour
Posted: Nov 11 2004, 01:13 PM

Administrator

I appreciate the suggestions.

But to clarify, regardless of what our new URL will be, the old URL will still be active and pointing to wherever our site resides, just for old school MHVFers, for as long as we're in existence.
Michael Blanton
Posted: Nov 12 2004, 10:05 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 194

QUOTE (Todd Harbour @ Nov 11 2004, 01:13 PM)
The old URL will still be active and pointing to wherever our site resides, just for old school MHVFers, for as long as we're in existence.

Todd: I received an email form webmaster@mhvf.net this morning with an attachment, but did not open it.

--------------------
"Don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."
George Hanson
Jago Turner
Posted: Nov 16 2004, 11:36 AM

Unregistered

I love the name Mobius too... In fact my suggestion would be to limit the name just to that and let the content speak for itself. It somehow feels more aesthetically pleasing to imagine the one word "Mobius" spread across the top of the page.
JEFFREY ALLEN RYDELL
Posted: Nov 16 2004, 04:44 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Jago Turner @ Nov 16 2004, 12:36 PM)
I love the name Mobius too... In fact my suggestion would be to limit the name just to that and let the content speak for itself. It somehow feels more aesthetically pleasing to imagine the one word "Mobius" spread across the top of the page.

Listen to Jago - after all, he himself still has the best name ever.

--------------------
- Jeff
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1083 seconds | Archive