Mobius

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

AMERICAN GODS, Neil Gaiman novel coming to HBO
Lisa Larkin
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 08:02 PM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 356

Tom Hanks production company Playtone (who produced BAND OF BROTHERS and THE PACIFIC) have allegedly committed $40 million per season to the tv adaptation of Gaiman's novel, with a planned six seasons.

The more I think about it, the more I want all of my cherished fantasy novels to land at HBO. There is no other tv network, at least in the US, who wouldn't screw this up royally. HBO has already proven with GAME OF THRONES that they can do a big juicy fantasy series and get it (mostly) right. (I include that qualifier because I think GoT could do with a tad less sex, but that's a minor quibble.)

Let the casting speculation begin. Who should play Shadow and Mr. Wednesday? Shadow's ex Laura? Mr. Nancy? Some interesting fan casting here:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/06/from-shad...r-american-gods

I can get behind Ruth Wilson, Jackie Earle Haley and Stephen McHattie. Got to think about the others.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0465 seconds | Archive