Mobius

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Which of these films should I try to see?
Ian McDowell
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 01:35 PM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 510

Featuring programming for the upcoming Nevermore Fest in Durham, NC. Anybody seen any of these?

I'm definitely going to see The Whisperer in Darkness. Any thoughts on Eaters? In Absentia? The Innkeepers?
Bob Cashill
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:30 PM

Mobian Rock Star

Member No.: 88

THE INKEEPERS is getting good reviews here in NY, where it opens on Friday.

--------------------
Doug Dillaman
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 04:57 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 26

THE INNKEEPERS is terrific, funny and scary in turns. I've heard good buzz on SOME GUY WHO KILLS PEOPLE, though I recall no details. None of the others are familiar to me (other than the retro titles, of course).
Mark Tinta
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 11:25 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 687

I loved Ti West's THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL and was really looking forward to THE INNKEEPERS, but man...it just didn't work for me at all. I watched it on VOD this evening and other than Sara Paxton's appealing performance, I hated THE INNKEEPERS with a passion. I'm really not getting all the love and accolades for this one.

--------------------
Steve Erickson
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 11:21 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 174

I too was underwhelmed by THE INNKEEPERS. It suffers from poor pacing. The fact that it takes so long for anything to happen wouldn't bother me so much if it worked better as a drama or character study, but the first half still plays basically as a setup for a horror film, full of false/small scares. (Beware the piano that plays itself!) When things finally do get going, the film seems to end quickly. Not bad, but not particularly exciting.
William S. Wilson
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 11:33 AM

Mobian Idol

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Steve Erickson @ Feb 5 2012, 11:21 AM)
I too was underwhelmed by THE INNKEEPERS. It suffers from poor pacing. The fact that it takes so long for anything to happen wouldn't bother me so much if it worked better as a drama or character study, but the first half still plays basically as a setup for a horror film, full of false/small scares. (Beware the piano that plays itself!) When things finally do get going, the film seems to end quickly. Not bad, but not particularly exciting.

Sounds like you just described HOUSE OF THE DEVIL. ;-)

--------------------
Steve Erickson
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 01:12 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 174

I had many of the same problems with HOUSE OF THE DEVIL. I think THE INNKEEPERS is actually an improvement.
Neil Sarver
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 08:07 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 335

QUOTE (William S. Wilson @ Feb 5 2012, 11:33 AM)
Sounds like you just described HOUSE OF THE DEVIL. ;-)

My thoughts exactly. I'm certain to give this a pass.

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0471 seconds | Archive