Mobius

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Mill Creek Offering GAMERA 3 Replacements
Keith Aiken
Posted: Jan 31 2012, 12:45 PM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 769

Mill Creek is now offering free replacement copies of their GAMERA 3 Blu-ray for any customers having issues with the subtitles.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012/01...mera-3-blu-ray/

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Bob Cashill
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:22 PM

Mobian Rock Star

Member No.: 88

Thanks, Keith, for posting.

--------------------
Brian Camp
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 02:30 PM

Mobian Rock Star

Member No.: 125

QUOTE (Keith Aiken @ Jan 31 2012, 12:45 PM)
Mill Creek is now offering free replacement copies of their GAMERA 3 Blu-ray for any customers having issues with the subtitles.

If I go into a store that happens to carry the Blu-ray of GAMERA 3, will the copy they carry be the "replacement copy" or the one with bad subtitles?

This post has been edited by Brian Camp on Feb 1 2012, 03:33 PM

--------------------
Keith Aiken
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 03:44 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Brian Camp @ Feb 1 2012, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE (Keith Aiken @ Jan 31 2012, 12:45 PM)

If I go into a store that happens to carry the Blu-ray of GAMERA 3, will the copy they carry be the "replacement copy" or the one with bad subtitles?

Mill Creek just launched the replacement program yesterday so it will likely be a while before stores have the newer versions in stock. For now, the only guaranteed way to get the corrected Blu-ray would be to exchange your old copy with Mill Creek or order it new from their affiliate, CheapDVDPacks.com for $7.99...

http://www.cheapdvdpacks.com/gamera-reveng...is-blu-ray.html

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Miles Wood
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 05:35 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 61

Were all copies defective or just some? Is there an easy way to check if my copy is okay or not rather than just trying to watch the entire film?
Keith Aiken
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 10:44 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Miles Wood @ Feb 2 2012, 11:35 PM)
Were all copies defective or just some? Is there an easy way to check if my copy is okay or not rather than just trying to watch the entire film?

The problems were with the subtitles... most noticeably that they were out of sync, particularly on the extra features. All the GAMERA 3 discs had the problem, so if you bought the Blu-ray before January 31st you have an uncorrected version.

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Miles Wood
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:08 AM

Mobian

That's pretty annoying since it seems they won't send replacements to buyers outside of the US, apparently due to "contractual restrictions", which frankly I see as a very poor excuse and not a valid reason to not replace a faulty product. I'll contact amazon about this and put Mill Creek on my blacklist...a shame, since it was a great value package.

This post has been edited by Miles Wood on Feb 3 2012, 12:17 AM
Keith Aiken
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 03:04 AM

Mobian

Mill Creek only has the North American license for the Gamera trilogy. If they were to do any business transactions for GAMERA 3 outside the US and Canada they would be violating their contract with Kadokawa.

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Miles Wood
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 06:56 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Keith Aiken @ Feb 5 2012, 03:04 AM)
Mill Creek only has the North American license for the Gamera trilogy. If they were to do any business transactions for GAMERA 3 outside the US and Canada they would be violating their contract with Kadokawa.

Surely sending out a replacement for a faulty item doesn't qualify as 'doing business'? It was amazon who actually sold the disc, and presumably they - or any other company - aren't violating any laws by shipping overseas? The same goes for say amazon.jp shipping a Japanese disc of GAMERA 3 to the US. Sorry, but I see no good reason why they should not replace the copies of those overseas.

This post has been edited by Miles Wood on Feb 5 2012, 06:58 PM
Keith Aiken
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 03:09 PM

Mobian

Mill Creek is handling the replacement program themselves. Their license is only for North America, so Mill Creek legally cannot do business (and that includes this program) overseas... to do so could result in Kadokawa demanding damages or pulling the license over copyright violation. That's a pretty good reason not do that.

A contract between Mill Creek and Kadokawa has no control over what other parties may or may not do. Retailers are scheduled to get replacement discs in March, so you can always contact Amazon about sending you a new copy.

Mill Creek only announced the replacement program last Tuesday. For the cost of a stamp and an envelope, customers can get a brand new, factory sealed replacement Blu-ray. There were posts last Friday from people who had already received their discs.
I think that's amazing customer service that should be commended, not lead to them being blacklisted by anyone.

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Miles Wood
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 08:14 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Keith Aiken @ Feb 6 2012, 03:09 PM)
For the cost of a stamp and an envelope, customers can get a brand new, factory sealed replacement Blu-ray.

I would have thought it's the least a company should do if they've released a defective disc. And it seems at the moment I can't contact amazon about getting a replacement because they're still selling the original discs...shouldn't these have been recalled?

To be honest the price of the set was so cheap I could probably get my money back by taking the set into a local used disc shop. So I'm not really complaining about "losing out". But I still don't see how sending out replacements for faulty goods equates to 'doing business' so we'll have to agree to disagree over this matter.
William D'Annucci
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 09:48 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 111

Mill Creek's customer service is commendable in how they've reacted. But their quality control with subtitles is very dubious, especially in the wake of early reports on the Gamera 3 replacements. The subs on the feature are supposedly fine, but the subs on the extras are in a font so ridiculously large that they fill the screen. Did no one there take a look at a finished disc?
John Charles
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 12:01 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 80

There usually isn't a good outcome when these budget labels have to produce discs that have anything more than just the feature on them.
Keith Aiken
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:35 PM

Mobian

Mill Creek has provided an update regarding their corrected GAMERA 3 Blu-rays. Check out SciFi Japan for answers to the most frequently asked questions about Mill Creek’s disc replacement program…

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012/04...tting-replaced/

--------------------
Keith
user posted image
Terry Barhorst, Jr.
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 08:29 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 66

I received my replacement a couple of weeks ago, I wonder if that means it's still flawed. I'll have to check out the extras this weekend.

--------------------
Jinx
Brian Camp
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:47 AM

Mobian Rock Star

Member No.: 125

Okay, Amazon is offering a Gamera triple feature on Blu-ray for $8.49.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ENCIWG/ref=pe...3950_pe_vfe_dt1

Now, how do we know if this set will have the corrected version of GAMERA III or the flawed version?

This post has been edited by Brian Camp on Apr 18 2012, 10:48 AM

--------------------
Marshall Crist
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:20 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 243

"Anyone who does not already own the GAMERA 3 Blu-ray can buy the corrected version at CheapDVDPacks.com. That is the only guaranteed retail source for the corrected Blu-ray at this time."
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0995 seconds | Archive