Mobius

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Pages: (18) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

ROGER CORMAN CULT CLASSICS . . ., new line from Shout! Factory . . .
Domenick Fraumeni
Posted: Feb 18 2010, 10:15 PM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 131

Both SATURDAY THE 14th's, So I can retire my digitzed VJS copies, and a SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE boxed set! The unrated version of 3 on DVD has a few extra scenes that were shown on the television version, making it the longest cut out there.

This post has been edited by Domenick Fraumeni on Feb 18 2010, 10:15 PM
Marty McKee
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 08:49 AM

Mobian Idol

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

Can we make a list of existing DVDs with Roger Corman commentary tracks? I'll start...

DEATH RACE 2000 (w/Mary Woronov)
BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (w/John Sayles)
GRAND THEFT AUTO (w/Ron Howard)
THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, or follow my blog at Johnny LaRue's Crane Shot.
Wade Sowers
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 11:00 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 58

QUOTE (Marty McKee @ Feb 22 2010, 08:49 AM)
Can we make a list of existing DVDs with Roger Corman commentary tracks? I'll start...

. . . commentary on THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER, "X" THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES, and THE TOMB OF LIGEIA; featurette discussion with William Shatner on THE INTRUDER . . . interview on THE PREMATURE BURIAL, THE HAUNTED PALACE, and THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH . . .

This post has been edited by Wade Sowers on Feb 22 2010, 11:06 AM
Wade Sowers
Posted: Mar 31 2010, 02:34 PM

Mobian

. . . just posted on Blu-ray.com.

Shout! Factory has released the edition details for Death Race 2000 , which will come out on Blu-ray on June 22. This movie, the biggest box office hit for a Roger Corman production, is set in a world where the biggest entertainment is the three-day Transcontinental Death Race, whose winner is the driver who racks up the most points by killing innocent bystanders. The Blu-ray has been transferred from the interpositive film element.

Special features include:
Audio commentaries:
Roger Corman and Mary Woronov
Assistant director Lewis Teague and editor Tina Hirsch
David on Death Race: A brief look back from star David Carradine recorded in 2008
Playing the Game: Looking Back at "Death Race 2000"
Ready to Wear: In-depth interview costume designer Jane Ruhm on her inventive work for this film and other Roger Corman classics
Designing Dystopia!: A detailed look at the film's futuristic landscapes and now-classic race cars with co-art director B.B. Neel, car designer James Powers and car constructor Dean Jeffries.
Start Your Engine!: How the world of Death Race 2000 came to life, interview with original story creator Ib Melchior
Killer Score: An all-new interview with composer Paul Chihara on the creation of the film's eclectic score, which was also his first feature film composition.
Leonard Maltin interviews Roger Corman about Death Race 2000
Original theatrical trailer
Original theatrical trailer with commentary by filmmaker John Landis, courtesy of trailersfromhell.com
Collectible 12-page booklet
New World trailers
Following the release of Death Race 2000, upcoming titles on Blu-ray are Piranha, Starcrash and Battle Beyond the Stars.

William S. Wilson
Posted: Apr 7 2010, 08:35 AM

Mobian Idol

Member No.: 8

Here is the first review I've seen for the upcoming ROCK 'N ROLL HIGH SCHOOL special edition:

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/review.php?id=1327

--------------------
William S. Wilson
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 11:11 AM

Mobian Idol

Member No.: 8

News at Fangoria of THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE COLLECTION streeting on October 5th. A few more date changes for other titles:

http://fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_c...news&Itemid=167

--------------------
Wade Sowers
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 12:16 PM

Mobian

. . . so, nothing on WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY/DEATHSPORT which was due on 6/22 at one time, PIRANHA and HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP which were due on 8/3, STARCRASH and BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS which I had down for 9/7 - oh, well, my notes were probably worthless the moment they were written . . . I am sorry about ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS and the non-Traci Lords version of NOT OF THIS EARTH going missing for the moment, I was/am really looking forward to these . . .
Mark Tinta
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 12:37 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 687

QUOTE (Wade Sowers @ Apr 15 2010, 06:16 PM)
. . . so, nothing on WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY/DEATHSPORT which was due on 6/22 at one time, PIRANHA and HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP which were due on 8/3, STARCRASH and BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS which I had down for 9/7 - oh, well, my notes were probably worthless the moment they were written . . .

Ain't that the truth most of the time? I'm pretty sure the first announcement for Code Red's special edition of THE VISITOR was in a press release in Poor Richard's Almanack.

I know they'll come out, there's no doubt about it, but whatever date is announced for the Synapse/Hammer titles and the Severin/Lee & Cushing titles...don't etch them in stone. They WILL be changed.

This post has been edited by Mark Tinta on Apr 15 2010, 12:37 PM

--------------------
Sean Borg
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 01:20 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 468

Or, they could just release them as is, and be bombarded with complaints over quality from the fans.

Wade Sowers
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 02:16 PM

Mobian

. . . FORBIDDEN WORLD and GALAXY OF TERROR are now up for preorder at amazon, and DEATHSPORT/WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY is now up (not a complaint, just full disclosure) with a new release date of 8/3 - however, WARLORDS OF THE 21ST CENTURY is now listed under its alternate title BATTLE TRUCK . . .

This post has been edited by Wade Sowers on Apr 15 2010, 02:30 PM
Mark Tinta
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 03:29 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 687

QUOTE (Sean Borg @ Apr 15 2010, 07:20 PM)
Or, they could just release them as is, and be bombarded with complaints over quality from the fans.

Well, yeah. But what these companies SHOULD do is not announce street dates until all their ducks are in a row and everything is 100% done, quality-checked, rights cleared, you name it.

--------------------
Sean Borg
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 10:44 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 468

True Mark. But then, how would the word get out, and excitement build in anticipation for these much sought after titles? Also.....isn't it important to test the demand for them by setting pre-order up at retailers?

Wade, seriously, I'm sorry, no disrespect was meant. I just get really frustrated over matters like this. Admittedly, I would be on the complaint wagon if this were about a company that doesn't care....but the people behind these discs are people who really do.

They deserve support....and hopefully big sales.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet....but Forbidden World, and Galaxy have been bumped from dvd only to Bluray, and dvd!! See? This company does listen to the fans. The end product will be worth the extra wait.

Cliff Mac, and Micheal Felsher are two of the guys doing work on these discs.
'nuff said.

This post has been edited by Sean Borg on Apr 15 2010, 10:48 PM
Marty McKee
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 08:10 AM

Mobian Idol

QUOTE (Sean Borg @ Apr 15 2010, 11:44 PM)
True Mark. But then, how would the word get out, and excitement build in anticipation for these much sought after titles? Also.....isn't it important to test the demand for them by setting pre-order up at retailers?

They could just announce the titles were coming in "mid-2010" or something equally vague. The word would still get out and anticipation built without leading to frustrations down the road.

Also, I'm not convinced that pre-orders are a true test of demand. I hardly ever pre-order anything, which doesn't mean I'm not going to snap them up the first day they're available. If there is marketing evidence to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

Really, it's not difficult to market these Corman Cult Classics discs. Shout Factory is giving fans what they want, and I expect the fans will lap them up (I know I will). It's like selling water in a desert.

It's also the opposite of companies like Code Red, which spend I don't know how much money producing discs that not even fans give a damn about, while at the same time sitting on material that would easily outsell drek like SCREAM or NIGHT OF THE DRIBBLER (where the heck is RITUALS??).

--------------------
Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, or follow my blog at Johnny LaRue's Crane Shot.
Jeff McKay
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 10:48 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 115

I hardly ever pay attention to streetdates. Of course, I have tousands of DVD's laying around (many unwatched) and a netflix membership on top of that so there's never a shortage of things to watch. There are very few films that I feel the need to get the day they are supposed to come out. And if it is one I'm dying to see now, I guess I'd just consider the streetdate delay as a "Very Long Wait" on netflix.
Wade Sowers
Posted: Apr 16 2010, 11:01 AM

Mobian

QUOTE (Sean Borg @ Apr 15 2010, 10:44 PM)
Wade, seriously, I'm sorry, no disrespect was meant. I just get really frustrated over matters like this. Admittedly, I would be on the complaint wagon if this were about a company that doesn't care....but the people behind these discs are people who really do.

. . . well, I'm sorry as well, particularly if it appeared I was showing disrespect to the folks working on these DVDs, I have been waiting years for this stuff to appear with proper transfers, I shower them with thanks . . . you know, I firmly believe Health Care for all Americans is important, DVD release dates not so much, but some of us do anticipate stuff, get outselves all needlessly worked up, and it might be better to just announce they will be released this year, whenever (as others have mentioned), and then give us a firm date when things are final - I'm the obsessed type who does preorder most stuff so I tend to jump right on it . . . but, gosh, Blu-rays of FORBIDDEN WORLD and GALAXY OF TERROR in same year we are getting DAYS OF HEAVEN, CITY GIRL, THE LEOPARD, RED DESERT, THE RED SHOES, M, BIGGER THAN LIFE, a nice time for someone with a love of movies, all sorts of movies . . .

This post has been edited by Wade Sowers on Apr 16 2010, 11:16 AM
Wade Sowers
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 06:00 PM

Mobian

. . . this is the first review of one of these new discs, and it certainly appears these folks are getting it right . . .

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/41826/rock-...ll-high-school/

. . . also, I noticed (and immediately ordered) amazon now has Blu-rays of FORBIDDEN WORLD and GALAXY OF TERROR up for pre-order - these two on Blu is, well, to quote Pete on MAD MEN "A thing like that" . . .

This post has been edited by Wade Sowers on Apr 27 2010, 08:02 PM
Wade Sowers
Posted: May 1 2010, 07:48 AM

Mobian

. . . nice promo trailer - looks like something Joe Dante would have put together in his New World days, except there is no helicoper crash . . .

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4543
Wade Sowers
Posted: May 8 2010, 12:48 PM

Mobian

. . . I watched the first of these Shout! Factory Corman's today, Penelope Spheeris' SUBURBIA (1983) and it indicates we are in good hands - very nice transfer of this low budget punk epic, also clean sound for the concert sequences . . . I love Maltin's comment (it is listed under the alternate title THE WILD SIDE) that this film "Tries to 'make a statement' whle wallowing in gratuitious violence" - well, gosh, what a surprise; he did forget to mention there is also gratuitious nudity . . .

This post has been edited by Wade Sowers on May 8 2010, 12:55 PM
Marty McKee
Posted: May 11 2010, 09:25 PM

Mobian Idol

I agree with Wade. Shout Factory and Cliff MacMillan are doing a great job with these discs, judging from the ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL Blu-ray, which apparently includes all the extras from all previous LDs/DVDs, so I guess you can eBay your old disc off. This one has 4 (!) commentary tracks (2 of them exclusive to this disc), 3 featurettes (including a Van Patten/Soles/Young reunion that is dishy and fun), radio spots, trailers, stills, and audio outtakes from the filmed Ramones concert. I listened to the new Arkush/Howard/Soles commentary, which was fun, but is heavy on Ramones info and trivia.

Oh, and the film looks marvelous, though some may be upset only the original mono track is present.

--------------------
Marshall Crist
Posted: May 12 2010, 12:54 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 243

Was the New Concorde disc stereo?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (18) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1665 seconds | Archive