Mobius

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Well I never.., Alberto Cavallone hits Region 1..
Anthony Thorne
Posted: Jun 5 2009, 05:55 AM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 38

First I've heard of this one coming out, from 'Thunder Island Releasing' (June 16th).

user posted image

Miles Wood
Posted: Jun 5 2009, 08:53 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 61

I confess, I'd never even heard of this film until now. And, to be honest, that cover isn't going tempt too many; I mean, who (outside of Japanese AV) ever thought a photo of a woman and a toilet bowl would help shift copies?
Anthony Thorne
Posted: Jun 6 2009, 08:07 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 38

True. I've heard of the film by (very oddball) rep - it has sex, gore, eccentric arthouse touches and a reportedly shocking scatalogical scene, but Cavallone is obscure even amongst cult fans. (If he's been mentioned in VIDEO WATCHDOG even once, I've probably missed it - not really a fault of the mag, BTW).

I wonder where 'Thunder Island' sourced their subtitled print.. ninja.gif
Marc Morris
Posted: Jun 7 2009, 06:37 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 86

Looks like another bootleg release to me, with subtitles most likely sourced from a fan DVD.

--------------------
Cult Movie Forums
Cinema + DVD Discussion
  Nucleus Films
DVD Releasing + Extras
Miles Wood
Posted: Jul 26 2009, 10:30 PM

Mobian

So, has anyone seen this yet, which I notice is available from amazon at a distinctly non-bootleg price? I ask because the title was mentioned by Tim Lucas in his BAY OF BLOOD commentary which I just listened to...Paola Montenero features in both films.

This post has been edited by Miles Wood on Jul 26 2009, 10:33 PM
Richard York
Posted: Jul 27 2009, 10:26 AM

Fledgling Mobian

Member No.: 484

I'd be curious to hear more about this title and release. 1977 was certainly an interesting year for Macha Magall. Thunder Island also appears to be releasing the Edwige Fenech comedy, ACE, next month.

http://www.tlavideo.com/product/1-1555-293028_ace.html?sn=1

(Link has some NSFW ads/covers!)

This post has been edited by Richard York on Jul 27 2009, 10:31 AM
Michael Blanton
Posted: Jul 30 2009, 09:55 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 194

QUOTE (Miles Wood @ Jul 26 2009, 10:30 PM)
So, has anyone seen this yet, which I notice is available from amazon at a distinctly non-bootleg price? I ask because the title was mentioned by Tim Lucas in his BAY OF BLOOD commentary which I just listened to...Paola Montenero features in both films.

My copy shipped today from DVD Pacific for $15.79 with free shipping. smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."
George Hanson
Michael Blanton
Posted: Aug 7 2009, 05:25 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Miles Wood @ Jul 26 2009, 10:30 PM)

I found it quite good. Told from the point of view of a local Communist artist whose delectable wife is quite insane, the film is a study of the lust and violence that lurk under the seemingly placid surface of a rural insular Italian village. Reminiscent of David Lynch's BLUE VELVET.

--------------------
"Don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."
George Hanson
Michael Blanton
Posted: Aug 7 2009, 05:28 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Miles Wood @ Jun 5 2009, 08:53 PM)
I confess, I'd never even heard of this film until now. And, to be honest, that cover isn't going tempt too many; I mean, who (outside of Japanese AV) ever thought a photo of a woman and a toilet bowl  would help shift copies?

When you add a gent licking a side of beef with it, it makes it much more palatable. smile.gif

--------------------
George Hanson
Miles Wood
Posted: Aug 7 2009, 08:04 PM

Mobian

"Quite good" doesn't make it sound like a run out and buy must see. More like, maybe worth picking up if one comes across a cheap copy. How's the quality of the DVD?
Michael Blanton
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 03:15 PM

Mobian

QUOTE (Miles Wood @ Aug 7 2009, 08:04 PM)
"Quite good" doesn't make it sound like a run out and buy must see. More like, maybe worth picking up if one comes across a cheap copy. How's the quality of the DVD?

Non anamorphic letter box that looks "quite good" wink.gif when zoomed on a 16x9 monitor.

This is a film I'll definitely revisit. I'm glad I picked it up.

--------------------
George Hanson
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0961 seconds | Archive