Mobius

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mobius. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Please Support Our Mobius Affiliates
| Adult DVD Empire | Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | buy.com | DVD Empire | DVDPlanet.com | RBCMP3.com | YesAsia |

Search disabled?
dennis lee
Posted: Jan 21 2005, 01:20 PM

Mobian

Group: Members
Member No.: 82

I've been noticing that the Search feature is disabled. Don't know if it's been like this from inception or not. So, is this a permanent or temporary situation? Or is it just me?

--------------------
Todd Harbour
Posted: Jan 23 2005, 05:15 PM

Administrator

Group: MHVF Founder
Member No.: 1

Hmmmm -- not working for me, either. I'll look into the cause, although hopefully we'll be abandoning this software by the end of the month.
dennis lee
Posted: Feb 4 2005, 08:43 AM

Mobian

Member No.: 82

So, I guess, search is not going to be fixed?

Also clicking on 'Find all topics by this member' in the user's profile only returns posts _started_ by an individual user.

This post has been edited by dennis lee on Feb 4 2005, 09:17 AM

--------------------
Dan Chung
Posted: May 31 2005, 10:14 PM

Fledgling Mobian

Member No.: 731

any news on search?

p.s. you may want to check out vbulletin if you if you want to change a software....

This post has been edited by Dan Chung on May 31 2005, 10:16 PM
Todd Harbour
Posted: Jun 1 2005, 10:23 AM

Administrator

Group: MHVF Founder
Member No.: 1

I inquired last week about this issue and received the following response from the InvisionFree staff:

"We have disabled the search button on all forums to speed them up (as searching is very server-intensive). Once we have completed modifications to speed up searching, we will re-enable this feature. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I've since asked how long they expect for the modifications to be completed. I'll let you know when I receive an answer. If it's not satisfactory, we'll consider our options about relocation.
Dan Chung
Posted: Jun 2 2005, 12:03 PM

Fledgling Mobian

Member No.: 731

usually one can use google to search a site, by typing this in the keyword:
"http://www.mhvf.net: keyword"

it is perhaps 60-70% as good.

however, since this site is linked to invision. the http above does not work, and it should probably instead be invision.xxx.xxx/xxx. i haven't been able to figure out how it works exactly.

perhaps the admin in invision can tell you what to put it before the ":" sign.
this should not generate too much load to the server, as it is mainly searching google's cache....
Darren Gross
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 03:54 PM

Mobian

Member No.: 56

So, I imagine that the search function has never been reinstated by the host co.?
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1256 seconds | Archive