Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Logans Run Circuit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hello - Introducing Myself :), I'm a new member saying HI!
RunnerBlue
  Posted: Feb 15 2008, 04:56 AM

Green Citizen

Group: Members
Member No.: 303

Hello and HiYa!

I'm RunnerBlue and I just registered and I wanted to say hi!

I've always loved the Logan's Run movie, and I sort of thought I was one of just a few who still remembered the movie. My mom loves the movie too. It came out when I was 8 or 9 and I begged her to take me to see it, but she went with friends instead. I guess that was more fun than going with a little kid LOL, but when it came to video (yes video, not DVD back then) I snapped it up and have been in love with it ever since.

I know I must have seen the series but I don't recall any specific episodes. I've not had a chance to read the books, but have read the synopses for them.

I've always wanted to dress up for a con in Dome City garb and get my husband to be a Sandman but I have never seen anyone dress up for it. It is all Trek usually; maybe some V or LOTR. But, I still think it would be really fun to be a "Logie" (as they were called in a Wonder Woman ep).

To be honest, I had not thought of LR in a long time, but I recently got in to video editing (got software for Xmas) and I made a music video for it that I put on You Tube. After that, I Googled LR and, I found this forum smile.gif

I am looking forward to talking with you all!

--------------------
Make that 1057 unaccounted for, Sandman!
Cathedral
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 05:33 AM

Runner - Current Location: Cape Steinbeck

Member No.: 302

Welcome! wave2.gif

Check my thread in the TV Series section - you can watch much of the series online.

applause.gif

I've been trying to upload the pilot ep but Stage6 is playing up for some reason.

You simply MUST read the books, or at least the original - you'll have a whole new perspective afterwards.
Logan5
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 09:42 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (RunnerBlue @ Feb 15 2008, 09:56 AM)
I made a music video for it that I put on You Tube. After that, I Googled LR and, I found this forum smile.gif

Hi RunnerBlue!

Welcome to the Circuit. It's great to have you onboard.

I was 11 when the film first came out in '76 and have loved it ever since. It really captured my attention of Science Fiction and was the FIRST SciFi movie I ever saw that I thoroughly enjoyed! I still wouldn't see my other favorite SciFi film 2001 until three years later on HBO.

If you could, please post the link to your You Tube video. I'd love to check it out!

Again, welcome to the BBS!

--------------------
The World of Logan's Run
http://theworldoflogansrun.net84.net

The World of Logan's Run Remake News
http://theworldoflogansrun.net84.net/remake.htm
RunnerBlue
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 05:08 PM

Green Citizen

QUOTE (Cathedral @ Feb 15 2008, 03:33 AM)
Welcome!  wave2.gif

Check my thread in the TV Series section - you can watch much of the series online. 

applause.gif

I've been trying to upload the pilot ep but Stage6 is playing up for some reason. 

You simply MUST read the books, or at least the original - you'll have a whole new perspective afterwards.

Hey Cathedral,

I might have read the books when I was younger but my mother (who I may have mentioned is a LR movie fan) read the first one and absolutely hated it. She didn't tell me much, only that the book was "much different from the movie." I loved the movie and thus decided not to read it. But, I am much older now and more open-minded LOL!

Oh I just discovered Stage6! They have eps of one of my favorite TV shows, Earth Final Conflict. I'll have to go over there and see the series But I admit, if you could get the pilot up, that would be great!

--------------------
RunnerBlue
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 05:25 PM

Green Citizen

QUOTE (Logan5 @ Feb 15 2008, 07:42 AM)

Hi RunnerBlue!

Welcome to the Circuit.  It's great to have you onboard.

I was 11 when the film first came out in '76 and have loved it ever since.  It really captured my attention of Science Fiction and was the FIRST SciFi movie I ever saw that I thoroughly enjoyed!  I still wouldn't see my other favorite SciFi film 2001 until three years later on HBO.

If you could, please post the link to your You Tube video.  I'd love to check it out!

Again, welcome to the BBS!

Hi Logan5, and TY for the welcome - I am very glad to be here!

I have seen 2001, but I adore 2010 (RIP Mr Scheider). Someone I know read the book 2061 and I've considered reading that smile.gif

Gawd, I am a dork! I mentioned the YouTube vid I made and had meant to add the link, but it was my first post and I think I was nervous.

It is only my 3rd video (other 2 are for EFC, also on YT). Here's the link:

"Runner" video

--------------------
ballard
Posted: Feb 22 2010, 04:26 PM

Runner - Current Location: Cape Steinbeck

Member No.: 467

Runner blue that video was very good. I really enjoyed it. biggrin.gif
« Next Oldest | Welcome Area | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0947 seconds | Archive