Please read and adhere to the following role-playing guidelines. This is to ensure fair and equal-opportunity role-playing.
1. Be realistic. Yes, we realize that we are role-playing in a magical world where witches and wizards and werewolves and dementors are all running about. That said, role-play your character as realistically as possible. All characters have both strengths and weaknesses, beauties and flaws. Nobody is perfect, so don't pretend that you are.
2. Do not godmode. Godmoding is the term used to describe taking over another person's character and role playing their actions, thoughts, or emotions for them. This is bad. Don't do it. You do not know how others will react to a certain situation and it is not your place to decide so. Only role-play as your character. Do not attempt to play God and control everyone else's too. If someone is doing this in an RP, please notify a staff member so the situation can be remedied.
3. Pay attention to who's invited. In the topic description or in your first post, please state whether the RP is OPEN, CLOSED, or has any sort of other stipulation (i.e. open to three, PM to join, etc.) When joining a role- play, pay attention to the audience. If it is open, join in! If it is closed and you haven't been invited, then stay out and let them have their fun. If someone has entered a closed RP and you don't want them there, politely explain to them the situation and see if they leave. If the problem persists, contact a staff member.
4. Play fair and take turns. If there are three or more people present in an RP, wait for each person to take a turn before posting again. Do not go off on a posting spree between two people and leave everyone else out of it. Use your head and make sure everyone can participate fairly. Likewise, if you know you cannot keep up in an RP, please role-play leaving the thread or inform the others in the RP that you cannot continue and they should move on without you.
5. Maintain a PG13 rating. No coarse language, explicit sexual scenes or references, or excessive violence. If you read something that you believe violates this rating, please notify a staff member immediately.
6. Enjoy yourself, make new friends, & create fun, exciting stories!