Please read and adhere to the following forum rules. All members of Hogwarts Redux are held accountable to these expectations.
1. Maintain a PG13 rating. Our site is rated PG13 and members are expected to keep their comments and role-plays within that guideline. Err on the side of caution when writing anything regarding romantic situations, violence, or use of strong language. If you think it is borderline, change it. Any posts not adhering to this policy will be edited by a moderator immediately & the member will be notified and warned via PM.
2. Our characters are mostly ‘original’ due in large part to our timeline - 3 years after the Great War and the Battle at Hogwarts. YOU MAY register and play as a character with the same last name (Black, Potter, Weasley, etc). and claim some sort of relation to them (cousin, grandson, etc). if it has not been explicitly stated otherwise in the Harry Potter books. IF making a ‘cannon’ character, they have to fit our timeline and NOT have been killed during the war, per the Harry Potter books.
If you wish to take on an open teaching position, PM Professor Casten (Headmistress for Hogwarts School) or myself, Professor Ripley (Dean of the University) for Hogwarts University.
(If after you register you want your name CHANGED, please contact a member of the administration team (Professor Ripley, Professor Casten, or Samuel Craft) so they can help you out.)
3. Remain in-character. Most of your actions on the site should be ‘in character’ (IC). This means you post as if you ARE the character(s) you created to role-play. This includes how your character would act, speak, think, etc. There are specific areas of the forum designated for Out of Character (OOC) posting, including our Game Room, Chatfest, and our Artist's Corner.
4. Be safe online. Keep in mind that the internet is all about information, and that revealing personal information can be dangerous. We encourage you to embrace creativity and feel comfortable being yourself here at Hogwarts Redux, but we ask that you refrain from posting personal information about yourself. This includes information like your first and last name, where you live, and pictures of yourself. If you ever feel unsafe on our site or are sent a PM asking for personal information, contact your Head of House or an Administrator right away.
5. Give credit where credit is due. If you are using an avatar or signature image that you did not personally create, you must give credit to the original source in your signature. Do not direct link any images. If you have questions or need help doing this, contact any one of the staff; they would be pleased to help you. Remember - you wouldn't want anyone stealing your work, so don't steal anyone else's.
6. Don't be stupid and use common sense. All standard forum rules apply. Don't harass or bully other members. Don't disrespect your peers and staff. Don't steal our stuff. Don't use the PM system to advertise your website or threaten others. Don't curse at people. Listen to the staff. You know. Think before you speak, act, or type.
Anyone found disregarding or breaking these rules will be subject to the consequences. For minor instances a PM warning will be sent. For more serious cases or repeated offenses members may be lose posting privileges, be suspended, or banned. We like you and don't want to have to be mean, so please follow the rules and don't make us dole out punishments.
If you have questions about any of the rules set forth here, please contact me or Professor Ripley with your concern.