InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to High Elf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Defenders of Ulthuan

Poor Orcs and Goblins...
strewart
Posted: Feb 14 2011, 06:31 PM

Eternal slave to my own forum
Group Icon

Group: Phoenix King
Member No.: 1

Overnight the price of orc boys (old models, not new ones) goes from 18.50GBP for 19 to 18GBP for 10. Almost doubled in price right there. For old models, not even fancy new ones.

The new army book looks nice, but it is also significantly more expensive than every other army book and has about the same number of pages, just because it is hard cover and full colour.

Do many armies actually look forward to their army being uppriceddated anymore?

Some of their new models do look really nice though. I'm not too keen on the savage orcs, muscles look overly chisselled and fake.
Whirlwind
Posted: Feb 15 2011, 12:31 AM

Nothing is forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128

I heard their new book only has 8 magic items lol ...

--------------------
May 2005 Interforum AOD

user posted image
strewart
Posted: Feb 15 2011, 04:03 PM

Group Icon

Yep you would be right. Thats in addition to the 50 odd in the main rulebook, but really everyone wants unique stuff not the same things rolled out.

TK are now coming in May, will be interesting to see if Orcs are the new trend or an aboration...
Whirlwind
Posted: Feb 15 2011, 07:27 PM

Group Icon

As long as High Elves keep a mighty selection of items I will be happy. We are famed for the second best quality and variety of magical items after only Dwarves...

--------------------
May 2005 Interforum AOD

user posted image
strewart
Posted: Feb 15 2011, 08:50 PM

Group Icon

Now is a good time to be playing High Elves, we are finally a fairly powerful army. Many rank us among the top 4 armies, which I'm not quite sure I agree with but the army certainly is doing more for me now than 6th ed (when we were crap) and probably even a bit more than 7th, though we have to work in a bit of a different way with stepping up around. Its hard to keep the army alive enough to deal some damage in close.

When we get a new book? Well, I wouldn't expect a lot to be honest..
Whirlwind
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 11:03 PM

Group Icon

If they make Dragon Mages better, revisit Shadow Warriors (extra hand weapon maybe?), overhaul High Magic and hmmm give heroes Sun Dragons? I will be happy lol. I bet some of you have way more and better suggestions than that.

But yeah, I get a feeling the age of 3 pages of magic items is over for us all...

--------------------
May 2005 Interforum AOD

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | General Warhammer discussions | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Active User Color Legend
Admin | Super Moderator | Intrigue at Court Master | Member

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1252 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring Free Domain Names @ .co.nr!