InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to High Elf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Defenders of Ulthuan

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Jim is back!, Boy has it been a long time...
jim_the_elf
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 03:55 PM

Jim

Group: Court of Elders
Member No.: 250

Hi all. After a long period of inactivity (and some sporadic lurking) I am somewhat back! Whether or not I'll be able to regularly post is another question though, life is a bit hectic for me at the moment (newly married, last semester of uni etc.). However I managed to get the time in the last couple of days to paint up a whitelion figure, and figured I might as well post up some pics here. Apologies for the somewhat crappy lighting & camera quality. C&C is welcome as always.

EDIT: apparently I'm having some technical difficulties posting photos... I'll try to find a solution asap as to not look like a total twat tongue.gif

This post has been edited by jim_the_elf on Sep 27 2010, 03:57 PM

--------------------
"Most new armies are balanced like a fat, drunken, man with an ear infection on a unicycle."...
jim_the_elf
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 04:04 PM

Jim

Hoorah! Looks like I have it working. Apologies for the double post.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
"Most new armies are balanced like a fat, drunken, man with an ear infection on a unicycle."...
zippo!
Posted: Sep 28 2010, 06:49 PM

Spearman Champion

Group: Elvish Warriors
Member No.: 697

Nice picture...I don't think we've meet before, anyway welcome back!
jim_the_elf
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 11:18 AM

Jim

Hmmm, probably not, my last post was made about a year before you joined the forum (its been a LONG time). In that case then, hi I'm Jim! I enjoy long walks on the beach, moonlight din... oh probably not the introduction required for this situation... tongue.gif.

I was trying to find my original introduction in the welcome room but apparently I never did one... well heres a brief run down of me - Im from Brisbane, collect HE, DE and 40K Orks, just about to finish my uni degree and begin working in the field of water engineering, just recently got married, and love sport... I think that just about sums it up. Nice to meet ya!

--------------------
Caladai Senthil
Posted: Sep 29 2010, 10:29 PM

Admiral of the Great Fleet of Lothern
Group Icon

Group: Inquisitor
Member No.: 271

Hi Jim, nice to see you again.

--------------------
As of May 2013:

8th Edition:
High Elves - 18 Wins, 3 Losses

7th Edition:
High Elves - 237 Wins, 84 Losses
strewart
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 09:35 AM

Eternal slave to my own forum
Group Icon

Group: Phoenix King
Member No.: 1

Welcome back mate, it is pretty quiet around here.

The White Lion looks good! Nice work.
jim_the_elf
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 08:38 PM

Jim

Yeh I've noticed that it seems a lil quiet. Ah well, can't complain too much, quality of members over quanity of members I rekon tongue.gif

--------------------
zippo!
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 06:30 PM

Spearman Champion

Qaulity? *sighs and walks off depressed*
jim_the_elf
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 09:48 PM

Jim

Ah sorry, my post probably doesnt make too much sense. I was trying to say that I prefer quality of people on forums over quantity, which is why I am on this forum. So in fact it was meant as somewhat of a compliment, not meant to be depressing at all tongue.gif

--------------------
zippo!
Posted: Oct 6 2010, 06:00 AM

Spearman Champion

-.-" I know lmao...I was making a fool of myself suggesting that this member is just adding quantity over quality....
jim_the_elf
Posted: Oct 8 2010, 06:36 PM

Jim

Lol. My bad, I fail at interpretting internet conversations... On another note I may have pictures up of a full rank by the end of the weekend, hooray! This depends on if cricket gets rained out adn i have some resulting free time.... which is looking highly likely...

--------------------
jim_the_elf
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 03:19 PM

Jim

Well, it's been a long time again since if posted something... computer hard drive died on me, and in between helping with flood clean up and new full time work i completely forgot about this... as such heres a few of the models i've been painting over the last few weeks. First, one of the terrain pieces i compelted last night

user posted image

--------------------
jim_the_elf
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 03:56 PM

Jim

Over the last few weeks me and my mates who play warhammer have started up Mordheim... soo much fun. Currently my main warband is a slaaneshi beastmen warband, which ive enjoyed painting so much that im now gonna raise beastmen as one of my fantasy armies. Heres the ones i have painted so far, the muscles take forever to paint.....

First, the test gor i painted first. I dont know about the quality of the photos, they are taken off my wifes I-phone cuz im too lazy to find the digital camera.

user posted image

Next is a Wargor that was the cheiftan of the warband... til his previous incarnation died the first game after he was painted (dice love to do that tongue.gif)

user posted image

And the painted component of the warband so far (im a slow painter)

user posted image

--------------------
jim_the_elf
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 04:11 PM

Jim

And finally, that rank of white lions i was talking about in an earlier post. All the gems aren't quite done yet but meh, its good enough for the time being.

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Whirlwind
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 10:07 PM

Nothing is forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten.
Group Icon

Group: Phoenix King
Member No.: 128

Nice painting and welcome back old friend :-)

--------------------
May 2005 Interforum AOD

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | High Elf Painting and converting | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Active User Color Legend
Admin | Super Moderator | Intrigue at Court Master | Member

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0785 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring Free Domain Names @ .co.nr!