Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to High Elf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Defenders of Ulthuan

My 2k list
strewart
Posted: Feb 7 2010, 04:56 AM

Eternal slave to my own forum
Group Icon

Group: Phoenix King
Member No.: 1

So I have discovered the benefit of using one list over and over rather than constantly changing. You get to know every unit very well, you know exactly how to deploy against everything, you know what needs support, it really helps you. This is my 2k list.

Noble, general, armour of caledor, amulet of fire, great weapon (goes in PG)

Noble, BSB, great weapon, armour of protection (goes in first spear unit)

Mage, 2 scrolls, drain magic and shield of saphery

19 spearmen, full command

20 spearmen, musician, banner

8 Dragon Princes, full command, warbanner

6 reavers, musician

17 Phoenix Guard, full command

Lion chariot

Tiranic Chariot

eagle

2 bolt throwers

I don't really keep track of their win/loss, but I have been very happy with them. Tonight I achieved a massacre against a Skaven army. The only VP I lost was the reavers (sacrificed them to redirect a rat ogre unit), a bolt thrower, and half wounds on the BSB. The skaven were reduced to a ratling gun, a unit of slaves and a unit of giant rats. My dice rolling in combat was absolutely brilliant which contributed to the massacre, though I was slighty winning anyway. Two shining examples; DP got charged by a unit of clan rats (I over ran into their path) and won combat first round whch was brilliant, second round they won by enough to break and destroy the unit. Secondly, my spearmen with bsb got rear charged by the doomwheel, which are very nasty critters. 4 spear attacks caused 2 wounds (needing 6's) and in the second round, the BSB got stuck in and killed the doomwheel! I fully expected the unit to be destroyed when they got hit.
Whirlwind
Posted: Feb 7 2010, 11:06 AM

Nothing is forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128

That is a nice army, don't you ever suffer from lack of magic?

--------------------
May 2005 Interforum AOD

user posted image
strewart
Posted: Feb 7 2010, 11:38 AM

Group Icon

I don't actually, but yeah it is a potential problem if I face really magic heavy lists. Most of my opponents go magic light, its only VC that occasionally give me trouble, but theirs is quite defensive and supporting so as long as I can do well in combat I get out alive.

The army is very hard hitting and combat oriented, it relies on getting into the fight quickly which reduces the threat oof magic. I also use the DP as a shock unit to try to punch through and destroy whatever unit mage lords are hiding in as quick as possible, which stops their magic. And of course the odd irresistable drain magic is a nice boon. smile.gif
ZeltArruin
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 03:19 AM

Wandering Tactician

Group: High Council
Member No.: 135

That is a very balanced list, I like it. In fact, I have no real critiques for it either, nicely done Strewart.

I have been doing much the same thing with my high elves. I use the same 2k list in every game, and mix it up a little when we go to 2.5k. Though, our armies are quite different.

--------------------
~ZA
Hawk
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 08:53 AM

Hurry up and reach 180!

Group: Court of Elders
Member No.: 384

Good list, I like it. I think I would like to add sword masters though, I don't really leave without them anymore. Noticed you took out archers, I've been contemplating losing mine as well.

--------------------
“Chosen to heal us, end the war and lead us all to glory. That’s what it says, the one who travels with the ancient sword, the one who will master the ways, and the one who will decide the final fate. That is who you are Hawk, and never, ever forget it.”

-Artemis,
a quote from The Land Of Majestica
strewart
Posted: Feb 8 2010, 01:08 PM

Group Icon

Swordmasters are an interesting choice.. I wouldn't mind a small unit of them, in fact I was considering dropping the tiranoc for some. But they are extremely fragile and you can be sure they will take a LOT of shooting and magic. I also don't really like the models.

On the other hand, I love the PG models. I have made the list to be somewhat competative so it can win battles for me, but when given the choice I went for the models I like and the theme for the army that suited me rather than hardcore competativeness. Which is the main reason there is no magic; I hate magic unless I am using undead.

Archers.. Minimum unit is more expensive than a bolt thrower, has less range, less strength, less flexibility and only a few more shots. In their current state they aren't really a viable choice, and I haven't found a way to paint them in my Spartan theme that I like.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | High Elf Army Lists | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Active User Color Legend
Admin | Super Moderator | Intrigue at Court Master | Member

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2845 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring Free Domain Names @ .co.nr!