Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to High Elf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Defenders of Ulthuan

Mountain Elf Army List, Please Comment!
Caladai Senthil
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 12:47 PM

Admiral of the Great Fleet of Lothern
Group Icon

Group: Inquisitor
Member No.: 271

Right, I've been working on this for a week or so now, and I'd like to know what you all think. Some of the point values, especially for the Stormbreakers and Callers are probably a bit off, as no similar units currently exist in the Warhammer World.

Thanks,
Caladai

PS. It's a list for Mountain Elves, living in the World's Edge Mountains. Magic Items will come later.

This post has been edited by Caladai Senthil on Dec 5 2005, 12:47 PM

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 109 )
Attached File  The_Mountain_Elf_Army_List_V2.0.doc (69.5 kb)

--------------------
As of May 2013:

8th Edition:
High Elves - 18 Wins, 3 Losses

7th Edition:
High Elves - 237 Wins, 84 Losses
windrider
Posted: Dec 5 2005, 03:16 PM

Herald of the Phoenix King
Group Icon

Group: Intrigue at Court Champion!
Member No.: 158

very very cool....I'm kind of confused about storm breaksers and callers though.....they are kind of the samething I don't believe you should have both...thats just my opinion........may you should send this in to GW.
I would point out though when your making fluff to say something about how Ithilmar was very plentiful during the age of discovery. I'm guess thats when these elfs were send exploring? O and did I say this is really cool ? good work

--------------------
user posted image
Caladai Senthil
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 10:01 AM

Group Icon

Yeah... I though about taking out the Stormcaller, but I decided that Elves living in the World's Edge Mountains would need some big, bad, monster-killing machine to deal with all the nasties that the Elves back on Ulthuan might not encounter on a regular basis. I've been considering dropping its ability to do the whole multi-shot thing, and just basically make it a magical cannon, but I so like the idea of Elves turning magical machine guns on their foes. Although, that's probably not necessary with the Stormbreakers being present.

And yup, the basic fluff behind the Mountain Elves is this:

Long ago, before the War of the Beard sent the High Elves from the Old World, mighty Crusades were launched from Ulthuan to tame the Old World. The Crusaders, well-armed, equipped and supplied, penetrated beyond the World's Edge Mountains, and thus mighty fortresses were constructed there to guard their resupply routes. When the War of the Beard split the Elves, it was not only the Elves of Athel Loren who remained in the Old World, but also the Elves of the Mountains. Thus, cut off from their land routes to Ulthuan, the Mountain Elves were forced to utilize the swift, yet dangerous rivers that flowed beneath the Old World. Communication with Ulthuan was possible, but it was highly dangerous. Over time, the Mountain Elves began to take their orders less and less from the Phoenix Kings, but instead from the Lords of Tor Cital, the strongest of the Mountain Cities. The arts and sciences flourished in the mountains, just as they had on Ulthuan for millennia. Unfortunately, however, the magical arts so common to Elves were somewhat neglected by the Mountain Elves. It was not for lack of skilled initiates, but for lack of skilled Teacher-Mages. Crusading Mages were rare to begin with. Those who chose to stay when the High Elves left were even rarer. Thus, most of the Mountain Elf Mages learned their powers from books and scrolls, not from real teachers. In time, the School of Magic was establised in Tor Cital, but even so, its graduates are not on par with their kin back on Ulthuan. To compensate for this weakness, the most powerful of the Mountain Elf Mages gathered at Tor Cital. Led by the Stormweaver Cerith, who himself was trained at the White Tower, they created a magic forge and placed it in a secret cavern beneath Tor Cital. Thus was Vaul's Forge estabilshed, which to this day turns out the magical weapons of the Mountain King's Armies. The weapons of Vaul's Anvil are not simple magical swords or bows like those forged on the Anvil in Ulthuan, but mighty magical cannons, capable of felling the mightiest wyrm or Demon Lord with their powers.

--------------------
As of May 2013:

8th Edition:

7th Edition:
ZeltArruin
Posted: Dec 6 2005, 10:19 AM

Wandering Tactician

Group: High Council
Member No.: 135

Very nice, i cant wait for the magic items and the rest of the book.

--------------------
~ZA
Caladai Senthil
Posted: Dec 8 2005, 10:04 AM

Group Icon

The magic items are almost finished... here's the majority of the fluff on the various units. I'm trying to portray the Mountain Elves as different from the other Elves. While the Dark Elves are evil, the High Elves good, and the Wood Elves netural, the Mountain Elves are a race devoted to order, who will stop at nothing to bring it to the world. As such, they sometimes find themselves forced to act rather ruthlessly, thus their highly organized military structure.

Some of the units changed a bit as well, the Stormcaller is now just a magic cannon, albeit a very powerful one. It's rules are at the bottom of this doc. I would have posted the whole file in one piece, but it was too big.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 41 )
Attached File  The_Mountain_Hosts_Fluff.doc (31 kb)

--------------------
As of May 2013:

8th Edition:

7th Edition:
Caladai Senthil
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 11:40 AM

Group Icon

Well, I've made some changes to the list with the help of the guys over at Hammer and Anvil, and I'd like to know what you all think. Here's a basic summary, you can find the specifics in the doc below.

-No more Mountain Rangers (tear)
-Windriders now ride Great Eagles instead of Warhawks
-Templar are no longer ItP and unbreakable if joined by the Lord Templar, that rule has changed to something else. We're just not sure of that something else anymore (ideas?)
-The BSB rules have changed
-StormGuardian weapons have changed (they get really cool axes now)
-Magic Weapons are here! (well, mostly)

Question - what do you all think of the idea of removing the Stormriders. Two units of heavy cav aren't really appropriate to a mainly infantry list, at least in my opinion. Thoughts?

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 45 )
Attached File  Mountain_Elf_Army_List___No_Fluff___V4.doc (62 kb)

--------------------
As of May 2013:

8th Edition:

7th Edition:
Lothern's Chosen
Posted: Dec 16 2005, 01:47 PM

Militia

Group: Elvish Warriors
Member No.: 322

that is a very sweet army list and i think i'll give it a try myself if you don't mind
it just seems socool
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | House rules | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Active User Color Legend
Admin | Super Moderator | Intrigue at Court Master | Member

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1083 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring Free Domain Names @ .co.nr!