Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to High Elf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Defenders of Ulthuan

3,000pt Grand Army (vs. Dwarfs)
Capco
Posted: Apr 4 2014, 04:48 PM

Spearman

Group: Elvish Warriors
Member No.: 52

Prince: Star Dragon, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Trickster's Helm, Talisman of Preservation, Potion of Foolhardiness
651pts (4+ ward, 2+ armor saves, 1-use devastating charge+immune to psychology)

Noble: Barded Steed, Lance, Shield, Armor of Destiny, BSB
178pts (4+ ward, 2+ armor saves)

Silver Helms: Full command, 5x3
375pts

Silver Helms: Full command, 5x3
375pts

Dragon Princes: Standard Bearer, Champion, Terrifying Mask of EEE!, War Banner 7x3 (20 strong, BSB is placed here)
660pts

Dragon Princes: Standard Bearer, Champion, Cloak of Beards, Ranger's Standard 7x3
689pts

Shadow Warriors: 5x1
70pts

Grand Total: 2998pts

The Enemy:
2-3 cannons, 1 grudge throw, 1 bolt thrower, many handgunners + quarrelers, some clansmen, some slayers, decent # of characters

The Plan:
ALL OUT CHARGE. With only 1 turn between deployment and close combat, shooting casualties should be minimum at best. Dragon is deployed on one flank, Dragon Princes with Ranger's Banner on the other, and the Dragon princes with the BSB in the center, with the Helms in between as flanking support for whoever needs it most.

Though likely outnumbered, the cavalry's speed should allow them to pick where the close combat will commence and establish a local superiority of numbers. Since the dwarves have pathetic movement abilities, I should be able to maintain local superiority of numbers as I roll up their line.

Keep the dragon away from the slayers and all should go well.

(note I do not own this many cavalry models so I will be relying on my Bret friend to lend me some of his biggrin.gif)

Any comments?

--------------------
"We are the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world."

-Aenarion the Defender
Capco
Posted: Apr 8 2014, 02:56 PM

Spearman

Member No.: 52

Woops, forgot the new rules about unit champions not being able to take ANY magic item, only magic weapons (or in the case of Dragon Prince, weapons AND armor) instead of the former book allowing any magic items.

Remove Terrifying Mask of EEE! and Cloak of the Beards. Add a few Shadow Warriors to make up the difference (should be 2-3 more SW).

--------------------
"We are the chosen of Asuryan, beloved of the gods and heirs to the world."

-Aenarion the Defender
Filorian ap Caladyr
Posted: Jun 25 2014, 07:33 AM

Militia

Member No.: 802

Hello Capco,
Sounds like a really mobile smashing army! Would love to hear how it went. My fear in this list would be the second turn of combat, or, heaven forbid, failing a charge somewhere along the line. Guess that's it hope you had a good battle!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | High Elf Army Lists | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Active User Color Legend
Admin | Super Moderator | Intrigue at Court Master | Member

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0622 seconds · Archive
Warvault Webring Free Domain Names @ .co.nr!