InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Galindas Wardrobe. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Emerald City costume, Taking a former dress and recreate :)
Phantasma-Helena
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:30 AM

More Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 259

I made this dress in 2010. Now it's too large for me and also there's a big tear in the overskirt due to a little accident I had while wearing it. So it's time for alterations.
I was thinking about this for a while and since I always love asymmetry in costumes, green is my favorite color (always looking for excuses to make green costumes) and Wicked is so awesome I decided to make alterations to this dress so it would be fitting for a visit to Emerald City smile.gif It's made out of green/yellowish Tafetta, darkgreen satin and a green lace with lots of glittering green/gold ornaments.

I won't use a specific ensemble costume as my inspirition, it's more like I use the look & feel of the Emerald City.

Here is the dress I will be altering:
user posted image

I've already start working on a matching hat at the hatmaking course I'm taking now. This is just the base; ofcourse I will make some decorations and use some fabric's I also used in the dress smile.gif

user posted image

--------------------
Making costumes is our passion smile.gif
Phantasma-Helena
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:17 PM

More Advanced Member

Here is the sketch of what we have in my mind smile.gif
It's a very interesting mix of styles; a bit milletary/navy (around 1800) and a bit of a pirate style. Ofcourse lots of asymmetry and we will add one more green fabric to match the color of the hat. And also to match the shape of the hat (a tricorne), three points/corners can be found in the dress.

user posted image

--------------------
Natashala
Posted: May 23 2012, 12:47 AM

Member No.: 218

This is absolutely beautiful and I am so impressed by your millinery skills - I absolutely cannot wait to see this finished! I am in love with hats. I am planning to make Audrey Hepburn's My Fair Lady ascot dress and her hat - WOW! It gives me new respect for all things millinery! You are glorious.
Phantasma-Helena
Posted: May 23 2012, 09:38 AM

More Advanced Member

Oh wow Natashala that sounds great! Good luck with your project!
And thank you for the nice compliment, I think this is a really fun project and I love working on it.

Here are some more pics:

Hat:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Altered shoes:
user posted image

First try-out for the dress:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Phantasma-Helena
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 07:10 PM

More Advanced Member

The dress almost finished:

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
DorothyInWonderland
Posted: Jul 27 2012, 11:55 PM

Member No.: 185

Gorgeous dress! And the hat and shoes are just stunning.
XxDorothyInWonderland
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0749 seconds | Archive