Because I don't have a sewing machine here in England, and I was bored to death, I decided to make a costume and completly hand sew it. ( yeah, I know, I'm crazy.)
It will be a costume for my sister to wear for Carnaval, as I won't be able to finish my Emerald City costume for her on time.
I started of with the Simplicity 2851 pattern (dress C) and then I would find a way to make it a little bit warmer as my sister will be wearing it in Februari, outside, all day long. I decided to do this by taking the sleeves of dress A and the top part and colar of Simplicity pattern 3689 (top A).
This is how far I got before something bad happenend:
It didn't fit anymore. :(
After a lot of frustration and trowing the bodice aside I found out what I did wrong. I simply made my seams to big. So after taking everything out again and putting everything back again it did fit. :)
This bodice was for me the first time to work with boning, as I was scared as hell to use it, but now that I did I found out it actually quite easy to do (as long as the instructions on the pattern are clear).
Right now I got the whole bodice sew to getter. The only thing that is still missing are some hooks for the back and two bows that will go on top of the ruffels.
I got now most part of the skirt done, I only need to do the waistband, but I fist need to know the size of my sister's waist before I can do that. After that is getting ribbons on the skirt, and making the underskit and petticoat.
For the petticoat I will be needing a sewing machine because sewing a petticoat by hand is really really a hell. (believe me, I tried.)
I will post pics later if I got more done on the skirt.
Alright, I will stop now before this post really gets to long.