Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Football Match Worn. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ronaldo Match Worn Shirt Won By A Cu*t
jcman.mws
Posted: Dec 20 2010, 09:06 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 110

Hi all,

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...=STRK:MEWA:BIDN

by looking at the bidding history you can soon tell there is something going on. The winner used a shill bidding account to place a very high bid about 1hr before the auction ended (bid of Euro900), then he placed a higher bid on top of that.

Seconds before the auction ended, he retracted his shill bid, hence his main account became the winner and the bid automatically fell to Euro251 since he retracted his shill bid. This way the cunt stops everyone to place a last minute bid and ensured he would win the auction with Euro251, the only way to outbid him is for someone to place a ridiculous euro905 bid to outbid him before he retracted his bid, but who would spend that much for this shirt. It's a must win situation for that cunt.

I have notified the seller about this but I doubt he would re-list the item because of this, as the seller is in fact a charity organisation and I guess they wouldn't care less about it. So I also reported to ebay and I also doubt they give a damn too as long as the listing fee was paid. So what can I do to stop this cunt walking away from this disgraceful act.

Sorry for the language but my belly is full of fire, not only I'm gutted that I lost the auction but I'm more concerned if this kind of act spreads, ebay would become a platform where junks are everywhere but when a genuine item comes by it won't sell for good price neither.

This post has been edited by jcman.mws on Dec 20 2010, 09:07 AM
nunoni
Posted: Dec 20 2010, 05:52 PM

Member No.: 91

it's not the seller you should contact, it's ebay; this violates their rules, and it's not in their interest to let this go unpunished because they lost money in the fees. There's a good likelihood the bastard is banned or suspended for a period.

But only if you actually report this.

Anyway, he's a clever little bastard isn't he? He retracted the bid 6 seconds before end - not bad.
jcman.mws
Posted: Dec 20 2010, 06:29 PM

QUOTE (nunoni @ Dec 20 2010, 05:52 PM)
it's not the seller you should contact, it's ebay; this violates their rules, and it's not in their interest to let this go unpunished because they lost money in the fees. There's a good likelihood the bastard is banned or suspended for a period.

But only if you actually report this.

Anyway, he's a clever little bastard isn't he? He retracted the bid 6 seconds before end - not bad.

yes i have reported to ebay as well. The seller just got back to me saying ebay is investigating the incident. good to hear that ebay is actually doing something for once. tongue.gif

no doubt thats a well timed trick but it's just too obvious for other bidders to spot out. unless he is the only interested last min bidder but then what would be the point of doing such.

and banning this guy's account won't stop him, in a matter of days he will appear with another, I bet he's a regular as he put his feedback record private.
fmw_rob
Posted: Dec 21 2010, 09:14 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A very worrying aspect and I hope ebay do something about it.
Its a good con, with serious consequences for sellers.
Needs stepping on, good on you for highlighting it
jcman.mws
Posted: Dec 22 2010, 04:14 PM

thanks Rob, but good results don't just come as expected, here is ebay's reply:

Hello Jacky,

Thank you for your reply regarding the your of a suspected shill bidding
case against member ''footballmatchshirts''. I can understand why you're
concerned that someone you feel is a bad eBayer is still active on eBay,
so let me assist you.

We take Shill Bidding very seriously and we investigated your report
immediately.

When we investigate a case of Shill Bidding, we look at the information
you provided and compare it to our records of bidding patterns.

Sometimes, what appears to be Shill Bidding may actually be legitimate
bidding and, if we find there's not enough evidence of Shill Bidding,
which is the case here, we do not take action against any of the
reported accounts. In many cases, a bidder enters a maximum amount for a
bid and the system then bids for them until their maximum is reached. If
you see that you are automatically been outbid, this is usually the
reason: the system is bidding for the other member.

I trust that I have addressed your concern in this email and I'm glad to
have assisted you today.

Kind regards,

Johnny Heath
eBay Trust & Safety

The whole thing is blatantly obvious.... and the ebay officer couldn't spot that out, or couldn't be bother to spot that out.

1) the shill bidder account has 0 feedback
2) the shill bidder only placed 1 bid for one item from one seller at that moment (you can check this before the auction ended by clicking on the bidder's username)
3) he placed the bid one hr before auction ended, but retracted 6 seconds before it ending.

All these information were available to the investigator i just couldn't see how he missed them...

nonetheless I now know who the prick was, under the username "footballmatchshirts"
sunderlandshirts
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 05:49 PM

Member No.: 9

For the avoidance of doubt, this ebay seller footballmatchshirts is NOTHING to do with www.footballmatchshirts.co.uk run by Shakey.
I understand that the ebay seller used the name and is some German guy selling badged up shirts.
Obviously this is just an attempt to legitimatise a dodgy operation by using a companies good name!!
fletch
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 02:03 PM

Member No.: 21

Just to add to what has already been said, user FOOTBALLMATCHSHIRTS on ebay has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the website www.footballmatchshirts.co.uk run by Shakey and myself. Despite repeated attempts to stop this person using the name on ebay he still continues to sell badged up shirts to some unsuspecting people.
« Next Oldest | Ebay Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2301 seconds | Archive