fishpondinfo.com

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fishpondinfo. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Frog/toad Mating
hojh32
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 07:06 PM

Fishy Member

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 5,730

Just curious, any people getting toad or frog eggs in their ponds currently? I think I have some "mature enough" green frogs, but no lovin' happening in the backyard. Haven't even heard any calls. Temp has been warm enough I think. Highs anywhere from low 90's to low 70s the past 1-2 weeks.
Rosiemeadow
Posted: Apr 30 2011, 08:47 PM

Fishy Connoisseur

Group: Senior Members
Member No.: 126

Yup, frogs are all over my pool cover when it rains, making a lot of noise. I have some mature frogs in my ponds also.

--------------------
hojh32
Posted: May 1 2011, 03:34 PM

Fishy Member

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 5,730

Hmmm, maybe all my frogs are girls or just aren't mature enough.
Rosiemeadow
Posted: May 1 2011, 05:12 PM

Fishy Connoisseur

Member No.: 126

QUOTE (hojh32 @ May 1 2011, 03:34 PM)
Hmmm, maybe all my frogs are girls or just aren't mature enough.

Well, maybe not, I don't see any eggs yet either so it may not be time, or maybe their on birth control laugh.gif care2frog.gif laugh3.gif laugh3.gif

--------------------
Arey
Posted: May 22 2011, 09:47 AM

Super Fishy

Member No.: 2,935

My pond is full of Fowler's Toad tadpoles, and two nights ago they were mating again and there are long strands of eggs in the pond. The guys nest door were playing music as they socialized in their backyard, and the toads were so loud I could barely hear the music over the toads. Of course my pond is full of string algae, since I can only remove a couple of handfuls at a time lest I remove tadpoles and toad eggs.

My high temperature so far this month was 82.8 and I've only had four days when the temperature got to 80. It's been a cloudy cool rainy month so far, but my backyard is very lush and green, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

--------------------
Career Varlet (ret.) Often wrong, and usually uncertain.
One Burmese Cat , Bryn Barishnakatt, who's been trying to tell me something ever since I got him 7 years ago but I haven't the least idea what it is.

One 940 gallon raised liner pond. It's 30 years old and still evolving.
Very windy So. Jersey barrier island. Zone 7 coastal.
« Next Oldest | Ponds | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0541 seconds | Archive
Visit http://www.fishpondinfo.com!