Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to FWW2. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Historical weapons, What is your favourite?
Erasmus
Posted: Jan 20 2011, 10:56 PM

Kersantti

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

Human being... Sadistic and genious creature, who find out words like: kill, destroy and invented something what revolutionized whole human kind... Weapons!

Allright people, don't freak out. I just writed that in impression by art of mind biggrin.gif

Well lets get to business! My personal favourite weapon is absolutely the DP-27. Well ofcourse Suomi KP M31 is a legend, but Degtjarev is just so damn cool! Think about it: 47 round "pan mag", cartridge 7.62x54R, fire rate 500-600rpm, muzzle velocity 840 m/s, more than just reliable, accurate and cheap to produce!

Here's compulsory video about this great WWII weapon at shooting range:

DP-27 shooting

Last seconds of that video, russian woman almost gets injured because placing hand under the camming lug operator ohmy.gif
mazifin96
Posted: Jan 21 2011, 01:43 PM

Sotamies

Member No.: 149

Finnish Maxim M32-M33
h-
Posted: Jan 21 2011, 08:19 PM

Kenraali
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 40

My faves are all the bolt action rifles, with iron sights; and of course Suomi SMG (if I just could ever get to own an actual Suomi SMG sad.gif ).

Bolt action rifles IMO are comparable to swords, they're a Man's weapon unlike the rediculous girly-man things they have nowadays with their sissy-nanny eotechs/FLIR/whatever sights.. tongue.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 22 2011, 08:31 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

People seem to be really orientated on gunpowder weapons, thus I say M/31 Suomi SMG for elegance and legendary reputation of it, plus it really looks good on my wall (deactivated thou) tongue.gif
M/20-30 Pystykorva is also nice, but I am a sucker for bolt action, they have the feeling of action in them.

However I also find something majestic on Longbow. Still I must say my favorite weapon of all time is Katana, if something is fine tuned for killing and warfare its Katana, besides same elegance that I see on Suomi KP I find times ten here.

they're a Man's weapon unlike the rediculous girly-man things they have nowadays with their sissy-nanny eotechs/FLIR/whatever sights..

Gotta agree here, modern warfare has taken fairness of the "game" out of it, also it seems that modern wars are aimed only against notably weaker nations rolleyes.gif
Posted: Jan 22 2011, 10:18 PM

Unregistered

There really is lots of plastic and complicate electronics in basic infantry weapons nowadays. Sounds like real toyarmy party.

But I would say one more great weapon inspired me by von Rundstedts Katana story. It is cold but still so burning steel when used as a weapon, best surviving tool where ever you are. It's finnish made legendary puukko. All you have to do, is keep it as sharp as possible and it won't never let you down! Oh and ofcourse you have to know how to use it... I almost cut my thumb off with my sissipuukko couple of summers ago redface1.gif
Erasmus
Posted: Jan 22 2011, 10:20 PM

Kersantti

QUOTE (Guest @ Jan 22 2011, 10:18 PM)
There really is lots of plastic and complicate electronics in basic infantry weapons nowadays. Sounds like real toyarmy party.

But I would say one more great weapon inspired me by von Rundstedts Katana story. It is cold but still so burning steel when used as a weapon, best surviving tool where ever you are. It's finnish made legendary puukko. All you have to do, is keep it as sharp as possible and it won't never let you down! Oh and ofcourse you have to know how to use it... I almost cut my thumb off with my sissipuukko couple of summers ago redface1.gif

Ohops. That's mine message but I wasn't logged in blink.gif

Sorry my bad face_palm.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 23 2011, 11:03 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

All you have to do, is keep it as sharp as possible and it won't never let you down! Oh and ofcourse you have to know how to use it... I almost cut my thumb off with my sissipuukko couple of summers ago

Puukko that I got from AUK was so blunt that I can't draw blood even when I grip on blade hard as I can... At least it is nice memorial from those times. Did however order another one during my service -jätkänvuolu from Marttiini- which was better, but it arrived on very last day of my service so not much joy from that (especially since I have no use for it on my current assignment).

Ohops. That's mine message but I wasn't logged in

Not a big thing. I didn't even remember that you could post in this part of forum as Guest.
Erasmus
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:57 PM

Kersantti

As a armored crewman, I almost forgot to add this weapon to this topic. This video is made by one of my friend from Charlie platoon. Footage has been taken during our conscript service in 2009-2010.

Here you go and please, enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3U2l8HsIw
« Next Oldest | Non-FWW2 | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4522 seconds | Archive