zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to FWW2. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (20) « First ... 17 18 [19] 20  ( Go to first unread post )

FWW2 Work in Progress, Image infested topic
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 08:15 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Sure we are, things has been slow because I have been rather unavailable. Still we ain't going nowhere, except forward... slowly rolleyes.gif

little bit of glove left on the one finger looks a little silly.

Granted it does. However its a fairly small hole in the glove, just the angle makes it look strange.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: May 4 2012, 07:12 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Some ingame pics of Vickers 6-ton
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: May 4 2012, 06:25 PM

Kersantti

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

Looking great as always! Texture quality is something really nice. Battle of Honkaniemi scenario is running on my mind. salute_smiley.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: May 7 2012, 01:06 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Well I wouldn't mind if you did it as part of mod as SP(/MP) mission, when we get that far rolleyes.gif
Erasmus
Posted: May 8 2012, 06:16 AM

Kersantti

QUOTE (Von Rundstedt @ May 7 2012, 01:06 PM)
Well I wouldn't mind if you did it as part of mod as SP(/MP) mission, when we get that far rolleyes.gif

This sounds like I've got to find some historical content for a Battle of Honkaniemi scenario. Hopefully library has some... I'd like to figure out some sort of an mission with reasonable storyline. Hmmm scratchchin.gif
Cappe
Posted: May 10 2012, 04:49 PM

Alikersantti

Member No.: 97

A small question: when released for ArmA which are your future plans?

I think porting over to Iron Front could be useful for Continuation-Lapland war mod as it already has Germans and soviets of 1944 era and some vehicles used by Finnish.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:42 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Iron Front has been discussed, we need to really see how it supports modding and make decision after that.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 06:56 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Again sorry for long silence, summer always makes me want to spend time outside rather than inside rolleyes.gif

Here is something though: T-38 by Pioneer (textures by Topas, very small edits by me)
user posted image

Oh and judging by license on IF, we stick with ArmA series.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jul 12 2012, 11:55 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Possibly the only enterable house in mod rolleyes.gif

user posted image
user posted image
ManWithNoName
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 05:52 AM

Korpraali

Member No.: 152

Holy sheets! I've been gone for so long and this thing hardly seems any closer! I hope you guys finish this considering all the time you've had to put in to make everything. What would you say your completion percentage is at, not counting missions?
h-
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 06:59 AM

Kenraali
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

You have to understand that there is only two of us working on this on our spare time, which can be very limited especially if you have family.

We are very aware of the fact that this is taking way too long, we ourselves would like to have had this finished ages ago. We've streamlined our goals and such but that doesn't really cut down the dev time.

Especially since a while ago we lost our terrain developer due to RL stuff and I had to step in to do that never having even seen a terrain being developed. And terrain developing is insanely time consuming and I try to work as fast as I can. The thing is that the more things get added the more we realise what we're missing and we have to create those things before being able to continue on.
Then you can add the fact that BIS terrain creating software is one of the worst softwares ever written by man rolleyes.gif so working with that stretches one's nerves to the breaking point continuously, and how we constantly face problems that seem to get more overwhelming the more we solve them.

As for the percentage, somewhere between 0 and 100 wink.gif

And we will finish this, would be absolutely dumb to stop now.
I just hope we can finish this before Arma6 comes out troll.gif

Here's a terrain WIP shot (in-game):
user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: Aug 22 2012, 06:22 PM

Kersantti

What can I say? Pretty damn good job once again biggrin.gif

I don't care when this mod comes out. I just wan't it will hopefully come out some day in a future. 4-cheers.gif
Erasmus
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 07:17 AM

Kersantti

Hello guys! How's the progress? Everything has been so queit for a while now. I'm just so worried ohmy.gif
h-
Posted: Oct 22 2012, 08:12 AM

Kenraali
Group Icon

Progress has been in almost a standstill for a few weeks now, VonR is busy in RL and that kinda echoes right into what I can do. Also all kinds of problems have risen with all sorts of things (scripting stuff) and trying to find solutiuons for those is not really progressing.

Plus I've been playing Carrier Command almost non-stop whistling.gif
jukuri
  Posted: Nov 6 2012, 08:28 AM

Sotamies

Member No.: 167

Hello!

I've been following this forum for a while and now asking (tired to wait no more...) that is it possible to download those units already thought the map itself isn't ready yet? I would like to play those finnish ww2 units for example podagorsk map first before you get that map ready and publish that later. That would be great!
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 09:30 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Glad to see that there are (or is) some people still around. At currently there isn't plans on releasing soldier models separate and they aren't complete LOD wise either. We try to push forward, but we aren't a big group of modders with vast amounts of time so try to understand.

We have been discussing about possibility of Beta release or gradual release of content, but those options are still undecided. We have concluded that we wont add anything new anymore, but finish what we have now and release it all.
Lagus
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 10:42 AM

Sotamies

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Von Rundstedt @ Nov 6 2012, 09:30 AM)
Glad to see that there are (or is) some people still around

Sure we are still here! biggrin.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Nov 8 2012, 09:02 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

yes.gif for possibly our longest lasting fan tongue.gif
ManWithNoName
Posted: Feb 27 2013, 09:53 AM

Korpraali

Any updates? It's been a while.
h-
Posted: Feb 28 2013, 07:40 AM

Kenraali
Group Icon

If there was something to show it would have been posted up. wink.gif

Progress is steady but very slow, there isn't much to show in pictures:
user posted image
(a bit over 235000 objects on the map thus far)

Terrain developement is insanely annoying, boring, infuriating...
I think only completely insane people can enjoy it. tongue.gif
I don't.
Erasmus
Posted: Mar 4 2013, 08:50 AM

Kersantti

Looks amazing! As always 4-cheers.gif Let's think positively: ArmA III won't be out until Q3. And even that won't bother me. It's obivious that I'll play this mod mod like crazy mouth foaming idiot after this one is released nener.gif
ManWithNoName
Posted: Mar 7 2013, 04:34 AM

Korpraali

Actually it's out right now if you buy the Alpha version of it.
Cappe
Posted: Mar 9 2013, 05:21 PM

Alikersantti

Member No.: 97

Still here!

Looks amazing! As always 4-cheers.gif Let's think positively: ArmA III won't be out until Q3. And even that won't bother me. It's obivious that I'll play this mod mod like crazy mouth foaming idiot after this one is released  nener.gif

I agree, I'm still playing FDF mod for OFP, because it has huge amount of Finnish troops and equipment, and has World War 2 Finnish and Soviet troops.
I am sure that after release of this mod i will at-least play this mod for as long time as i did play the FDF Mod so far.

ManWithNoName
Posted: May 31 2013, 07:38 PM

Korpraali

QUOTE (h- @ Feb 28 2013, 07:40 AM)
If there was something to show it would have been posted up. wink.gif

Yeah but whenever someones says that you post a picture or something.

So, any updates?
h-
Posted: Jun 1 2013, 05:05 AM

Kenraali
Group Icon

Well, the terrain is kinda sorta finished, I'm not happy with it at all but I never am with anything.
At least I hope it's finished, not exactly itching to do any more work on it.
Nothing to show with pictures really, you know: trees, houses, snowy ground, airstrip, the usual...
(also because there's some problems with some models and wouldn't wanna show pics of bugs)

Things progress very slowly; VonR's is busy IRL and basically everything is now about finishing models and textures on which I can't help at all.
I try to test my crappy scripted systems once and a while (which is insanely boring) and always find something that's wrong with them so it appears they also are never finished (I also usually brake something in them that I can't fix anymore)..

The fact remains that we're doing this just by the two of us so the progress (or lack thereof) reflects that.
Erasmus
Posted: Jun 20 2013, 11:44 AM

Kersantti

Amazing news! I think you guys work like robots notworthy.gif
h-
Posted: Jun 20 2013, 04:29 PM

Kenraali
Group Icon

That sounds almost sarcastic really biggrin.gif
I guess that would be true if the robots were old and rusty and barely moved whistling.gif
Erasmus
Posted: Jun 22 2013, 08:00 AM

Kersantti

There's no sarcasm. I can tell, that I really appreciate your efforts on this mod. I can't imagine how much work you've done so far. 4-cheers.gif
berthier92
Posted: Jul 10 2013, 01:04 PM

Sotamies

Member No.: 171

keep up the work guys, theres still a few out here who cant wait to get their teeth into this. ive been following this (along with Red Orchestra 2s Karelian front) for some time now smile.gif itll be well worth the wait yahoo.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Aug 8 2013, 02:27 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Sorry to tell you folks that the work has been really slow and sluggish the past summer months, hopefully we find enough energy, time and motivation to get the things wrapped up.
« Next Oldest | Work-in-Progress | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (20) « First ... 17 18 [19] 20 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2002 seconds | Archive