Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to FWW2. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (20) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20  ( Go to first unread post )

FWW2 Work in Progress, Image infested topic
Erasmus
Posted: Oct 18 2011, 06:14 AM

Kersantti

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

QUOTE (steelexia @ Oct 18 2011, 02:55 AM)
Pardon me, but once again I wan't to ask about Taipale map. How is it going? Can we see some in-game pictures from it soon? notworthy.gif

Maybe steelexia can post some screenshots at least from buldozer view.

While I watch other mods and see their development I scream in my mind to ask them work faster and show more WIP so that I can see. Monthly updates are not enough because I need weekly updates.

..then I realized that I'm basically working at a yearly update speed.. rolleyes.gif

I really hate to say it, because I know how it feels waiting forever for a mod to show some updates, but I'd have to say that there isn't much to show until at least Christmas again..

Basically, the map's progress is like this:
- Forests are all done, except for some lonely trees in swamps, and grasses here and there for decoration.
- Houses are ~35% done, many without textures right now
- Details (fences, small decorations here and there) are at 0%.
- Roads are ~60% done, but there's a critical problem with them completely screwing up, so I'm not going to touch it until I finish everything else.
- Ground textures are done by Von Rundstedt and currently I think we only have two textures? We're still missing a few others like wheat farms and stuff.

The main reason why it's harder than you think to take screenshots on here is because I couldn't get the map loaded in Arma properly, and viewing it in the map editor is very ugly. If we manage to get the map working in Arma, then I can probably show some screenshots of the more populated areas in-game. smile.gif

Thank you steelexia! Nice to know about your progress cool.gif

Take your time. No need to be hasty biggrin.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 02:45 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Few pics I took from Taipale island. Satmap is still the work layout and it will be changed when we release.

user posted image
user posted image

Lets take some bird perspective on that
user posted image

1st fight of Taipale island, almost got smoked rolleyes.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 04:20 PM

Kersantti

WOAH! So beautiful. Thank you for this! yahoo.gif
Cappe
Posted: Oct 22 2011, 08:37 AM

Alikersantti

Member No.: 97

Awesome work as usual, even that map ain't finished it still looks impressive! Will you be placing some Trenches,Foxholes and Bunkers to forests and fields or is it mission maker's job?

I can see tons of T-28's and thousands of Soviets running towards Finnish forces in those forests and fields.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Oct 22 2011, 03:44 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Hasn't been decided yet, basically trenches are currently (well what there are of them) modular, so it would be more for mission makers job to do. What comes to static emplacements I have thought about Inv44's approach to this so it has be to be made by mission maker.

Of course some trench system could be placed there by us too.

I can see tons of T-28's and thousands of Soviets running towards Finnish forces in those forests and fields.

Yeah... T-28 might have some nominal problem if player uses rear or separate turrets (first person view doesn't function, no rotation or elevation), for AI there aren't any problems. Still it works pretty neatly and will be included. I try to post soon some pics of it.
h-
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 01:19 PM

Kenraali
Group Icon

Member No.: 40

user posted image
Cappe
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 05:05 PM

Alikersantti

rofl.gif I hope that doesn't happen when i test that kind of scenario!
panssarimiehiš
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 09:31 PM

Sotamies

Member No.: 147

Anything new on mod? mellow.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 06:05 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Really busy at the work, its that time of the year again. However been working on making T-28 ready for us.

user posted image
peteliuz
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 10:48 AM

Ylikersantti

Member No.: 88

Hi! I am still following the updates regarding WIP smile.gif Nice to see that the work is going on. Especially that aeroplane looks amazing!
Cappe
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:22 AM

Alikersantti

That T-28 will be very hard to molotov, too much machineguns. When i see one i guess its best to run and bring an Bofors 37mm when (maybe) coming back. biggrin.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 05:29 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

- Independence day -

user posted image

Today is Finland's independence day and I had hoped that I would have something decent and ready to show, but unfortunately you have to suffice with WIP pictures of T-28, which is nearing completion, still needs some snow effects and normals and we're there.

Meanwhile happy independence day (and sorry for big pictures)!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 05:56 PM

Kersantti

It's so beautiful notworthy.gif

Thank you and happy independence day!
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Dec 8 2011, 04:16 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

And here we are, T-28 is done. Most of work credit goes to Steelexia and Topas. I just finished it up and added snow textures on it (plus normal mapping).
However it has certain kinks on it I need to sort out and it'll have some issues regarding the extra gunners, but still I am really happy to have this beast in the game.

Click on thumbnail
user posted image
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 12:05 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

And here we have T-28 (with L-10) in winter camouflage. Real credits go to people in previous post.

user posted image

And merry x-mas for everybody.
Cappe
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 10:57 AM

Alikersantti

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! (I am late but better late then never)
Can't wait for shooting with Suomi Kp against some masses of Soviets following that T-28 and get crushed by it. I know it will happen because of my good "luck". biggrin.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 11:14 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Something completely new this time, Vickers 6-ton. I just couldn't let it slip by from first release.
However that is probably last thing we're going to add, other than static objects, in the release.

user posted image

I will be adding snow camouflage version too, but that ain't really anything surprising, is it?
Erasmus
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 07:05 PM

Kersantti

QUOTE (Von Rundstedt)
I will be adding snow camouflage version too, but that ain't really anything surprising, is it?
Keep going biggrin.gif

I almost got depressed once I heard very first time, that Vickers won't be in first release, but now: yahoo.gif You really know how to surprise people positively Von Rundstedt. Thank you and Happy upcoming new year folks!
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Dec 30 2011, 10:18 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Well thanks to our cooperation with topas and Jaksa we have managed to introduce few things in mod which would have otherwise been left out, such as T-28.

Vickers however was more of an short lapse in my judgement tongue.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 10:50 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Happy new year everybody and here is first progress of the year wink.gif

Vickers snow camo. Notably different from Soviet counterparts, so it is easier to determine friend or foe.
user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 08:56 AM

Kersantti

How's the progress? dntknw.gif
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 04:20 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Fairly sluggish at the moment, I am in my "profession course" for two months, so I am tied to work whole week and weekends I'm with my family.
However I do have picture of our two types of modular trenches, but I forgot to upload them.
We've also received some additional work through/from Topas, such as T-38 on which I try to work in our winter schemes. I get to work on it here and there when time permits.

We really need help with house objects, models are done, but they need to be UV-mapped. So if anybody wants to do some simple freelancing for us, let us know.
Erasmus
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:33 PM

Kersantti

Thanks for your reply! T-38 will also be added? That sounds cool! Maybe there will be T-35 also. Just kidding biggrin.gif

I'd like to help you guys out, but unfortunately, I dont even know how to re-texture BIS units. Take your time with this mod! No need to hurry with it. It's just nice to hear news!
Cappe
Posted: Jan 25 2012, 05:39 PM

Alikersantti

Take you're time, real life comes always the first.
QUOTE (Erasmus @ Jan 24 2012, 05:33 PM)
I'd like to help you guys out, but unfortunately, I dont even know how to re-texture BIS units. Take your time with this mod! No need to hurry with it. It's just nice to hear news!

Same here, i would help you guys too, if i could even use the BI-Tools. Only skill which i have in "Modding" of ArmA 2/1 is mission making and that ain't good either. (Have worked for a ArmA 2 campaign from first release of I44. Even now i only have managed to make 6 unfinished missions which don't have good story or objectives. biggrin.gif )

Anyways can't wait to next update.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 09:40 PM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Well no retexturing really needed, just some basic talent on modelling (on which I might be even willing to give short tour).

Anyhow here is the updated I promised earlier, dirt trench (I try to take picture of wooden one later).
user posted image
Cappe
Posted: Jan 28 2012, 08:00 PM

Alikersantti

That trench looks very nice. A place i find myself hiding when trying to defend against masses of Soviets.
Question: Will the mod also have bunkers and foxholes?
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 08:34 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Enckell-type bunker has been made, still requires some work, but it should be featured in mod. There has been also plans to make LMG bunker (and model is done, alas no textures), but its to be seen do we include it in mod.

I hope to make certain extension on trenches for LMG/MG emplacement.
Von Rundstedt
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 08:19 AM

Paperi Marsalkka
Group Icon

Well couple months have gone and I am back again. Its time to so something again.

Last addition to our very limited selection of Cajander models.

user posted image
Erasmus
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 04:15 PM

Kersantti

YAY! You guys are still alive yahoo.gif

This "Model Cajander" looks as terrifying as they were in 1939-1940. I mean, imagine yourself into a situation where army gives you only a cockade and a belt for personal gear! Great thing that Cajanders military fashion is shown in this mod. Very good job, once again! Thank you and keep going 4-cheers.gif
ManWithNoName
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 12:42 AM

Korpraali

Member No.: 152

New model looks awesome, but the little bit of glove left on the one finger looks a little silly.
« Next Oldest | Work-in-Progress | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (20) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2465 seconds | Archive