Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to FFRessurection. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Quake
Marius
Posted: Mar 5 2009, 03:17 AM

scotchaholic
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 10

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of buying Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

(Posted Image)
(Posted Image)
(Posted Image)

For now, however, I will only have a box to adore along with screenshots, since I need a new computer in order to play the game, let alone play it with respectable quality -_-

Anyways, I bought the game because Quake, yes QUAKE, like
(Posted Image)
(Posted Image)
Quake, was the very first FPS I ever played in my life, slightly beating Goldeneye, which I was actually allowed to play. Damn ESRB ratings.
Nonetheless, I loved quake from the very beginning. Never to this day have I played a game quite like it, the sequels kinda sucked, except team arena, but that had less emphasis on atmosphere and more on gameplay. The only thing CLOSE to it I've ever played thus far is PREY for the 360/PC. Quake just had a very original mood. Everything was dark and creepy. You'd be walking through a pitch black hallway, suddenly a chainsaw roars and a bloodcurtling growl echoes and four grenades are being lobbed at you, constanly losing health, nowhere to go but firing your shotgun at this image that flashes in and out of the dark until one or the other eventually dies.

Ah, good times.
#1 ff fan
Posted: Jul 29 2010, 10:42 AM

God of Classic Gaming

Group: Shadows
Member No.: 19

I feel shame in myself for not saying anything here sooner. I happen to quite enjoy Quake. My favorite game though is Q2. I loved all the customization on the PC version. I recall a time where I use to have a Cloud skin, as well as many others that I had DLed over the years (but the Cloud skin was my favorite). I use to make maps all the time. I don't recall many of them actually getting completed though.
My favorite part in Q2 is using the grappling hook in CTF :D can you say "spider man"? :D
Marius
Posted: Aug 3 2010, 04:48 PM

scotchaholic
Group Icon

i never cared much for quake 2, but i never had teh chance to play it online.
#1 ff fan
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 05:15 AM

God of Classic Gaming

Yea, I use to play it online all the time with Siderus back in the day. Back when she was known as Princess Saturn LOL

I'll never forget the time I turned her into a waterfall of blood and guts
Marius
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 07:25 PM

scotchaholic
Group Icon

hahah, that is awesome. are the q2 servers even available anymore?
#1 ff fan
Posted: Aug 5 2010, 06:06 AM

God of Classic Gaming

We never used servers. We had a host player, and we connected to their IPs directly.
Marius
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 01:25 PM

scotchaholic
Group Icon

maybe when things get settled down we can duke it out :D
#1 ff fan
Posted: Aug 7 2010, 06:21 AM

God of Classic Gaming

yea. I'll need to get a real connection on my computer, as it would probably be a pain to play it the way I have it now, but you're on :D
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options Quick Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2075 seconds | Archive