InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Exterminatus Now. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

E3 2012
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 10:26 AM

Being responsible

Group: Inquisitor
Member No.: 1,122

So the 'Thread for games without their own thread' thread won't get clogged up.

Here's the full 30 minute pre-recorded video about the Wii U that Nintendo streamed last night. Gives you a quick run-down of some of the Wii U's features, a look at its new form factor for the tablet, and a trailer for the the Miiverse which looks like the advertising team had watched nothing but Big Bang Theory for five weeks straight and then came up with the concept.

I'm admittedly a bit worried about the Wii U. I know Nintendo always have a load of family/parental controls so you don't have to display it, but all that stuff on the start page (Mii Wara Wara) seems pretty spammy. And really easy for someone to put spoilers on without any sort of filter by the time it reaches random players.

Anyway! Here's the conference streams, all UK times. Hopefully they're correct.

Monday 4th June
17:30 - Microsoft (Halo 4, Gears, Kinect embarrassments)
21:00 - EA (Dead Space 3, other sport games you don't care about)
23:00 - Ubisoft (Mr Caffeine)
Tuesday 5th June
02:00 - Sony (PS Vita, more groan-worthy content)
17:00 - Nintendo (Wii U, 3DS, stumbling Iwata English and the Reggie Stare)

Conference Live Streams:

Gamespot
G4TV
IGN
Jeffk38uk
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 10:42 AM

Everything's great at your Junes.

Group: Complete and Utter Bastard
Member No.: 10

Kinda annoyed I'll be missing all the conferences this time. At least Kotaku and Joystiq update on the dot during these events that I can check on my iphone while at work.
dragonsteincole
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 01:27 PM

Problem, sport?

Group: Members
Member No.: 592

Will be waiting for the EA conference with some expectation of SimCity news, the proof of concept videos on YouTube have gone some way to calming my fears over those intitial prices for the game on Origin.
Twib
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 02:10 PM

I want to be the keeper of the Reaper

Group: Nicest people on the forum
Member No.: 852

QUOTE (dragonsteincole @ Jun 4 2012, 08:27 AM)
Will be waiting for the EA conference with some expectation of SimCity news, the proof of concept videos on YouTube have gone some way to calming my fears over those intitial prices for the game on Origin.

I was both surprised and delighted by the switch from cellular automata to agent based simulation.

For one it will allow easier modding in theory.
Kyubi
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 03:54 PM

Troll of the Pokemon World

Member No.: 1,064

Yes, I can see the spam and the trolling that will happen with the Miiverse and Mii Wara Wara, but we'll see how it turns out. It's smart that Nintendo spent their pre-show talking entirely about it so they can focus more on the games and other features at E3.
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 04:28 PM

Being responsible

Removed GameTrailers' stream from the list above. If I had to listen to those SpikeTV presenters for another minute I'd take a claw hammer to my own face.

Microsoft

- Halo 4 Trailer + pre-recorded gameplay demo: looked good.
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist live gameplay demo: voice commands via Kinect. Accidentally say "HEY YOU" and die
- Madden and FIFA to use Kinect in stupid, stupid way: Endorsed by random scripted praise of American Football player!
- Fable: The Journey (Kinect) trailer: they're marketing this way too old
- GoW: Judgment trailer
- Forza Horizon dubstep + streetracing trailer (looks like a mix between NFS:Underground and Forza)
- Bing now searches by Genre! WOW PROGRESSIVE GUYS
- Better Kinect voice support for languages
- Nickelodeon, Machinima.com and Paramount will now also be clogging up the Xbox Dashboard
- LIKE MORE AMERICAN SPORTS? WELL NOW WE GOT MLB AND NBA AND NHL ON XBOX WITH 24/7 ESPN STUFF GO AMERIKUH why did they use Chelsea Dagger as the trailer music and all the people who already watch this stuff have five different ways to watch it anyway
- Xbox Music, trailer gave away nothing and no-one turns their TV on to listen to music and watch fullscreen album art you mentalists
- Nike Fuel support with Kinect. "If you have a body, you're an athlete". Really just another fitness game which can also whinge at you down your Windows Phone or Nike Fuel bracelet if you didn't work out much
- "Can you imagine life without your smartphone or tablet?" Yes. Yes I can, Marc.
- Xbox Smartglass: it's the Wii U. It just is. Watch something on your TV/Xbox, you can pass it to your tablet or smartphone. While this is happening though, the other two tell you things about what you're watching! It's like that annoying friend who won't shut up about the books when you just want to watch Game of Thrones
- Hah, it REALLY IS the Wii U. Use a tablet to make plays for Madden and then it happens on the Xbox.
- "Our Internet Explorer on the 360 will work because voice control and Smartglass and BRAGGAGRGHGHG" MICROSOFT THIS IS NOT BETTER THAN MOUSE+KEYBOARD AND A MONITOR LOOK YOU EVEN HAD TO USE BOOKMARKS FOR EVERYTHING
- So it's clear that Microsoft have spent a year wasting their time on stuff that no-one will use but at least hasn't been embarrassing yet
- Tomb Raider gameplay demo; meant to be gritty and realistic but Lara is still leaping over twice her height. Quicktime events everywhere. Lara stop shooting people in the legs that's not cool
- Ascend: New Gods. Looks kind of crap. Scratch that. Looks very crap. And Shadow of the Colossus climbing up big dudes because that's still cool right guys
- LocoCycle: FEMALE MOTORBIKE ASSASSIN ACTUALLY SEEMS LIKE A GOOD CONCEPT
- Matter: CG trailer revealed nothing except "Made for Kinect". Already put off.
- OH HEY IT'S CAPCOM ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE GYAKUTEN KENJI 2 FOR ENGLISH no just RE6 okay
- Wait wasn't Resident Evil meant to be survival-horror, not run and gun action? How have they managed to make one of their games look generic? Logo still looks like a giraffe forcing a blowjob.
- "Please welcome, Alex from the Xbox Live team." "Hiiii, I;m Alex rom the Xbox Live team!"
- Wrecketeer. Only thing being wrecked is the Scottish accent. And Microsoft's reputation for trying to cash in on Angry Birds. And Alex for talking to the cartoon characters when a whole stadium sits there unimpressed.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth trailer. Trey and Matt taking the piss out of the Xbox Glass thing. Audience knows what's up.
- Dance Central 3. Come on Harmonix, milk this like you did all your other rhythm-game franchises! Usher dancing live on stage. He's singing, but the actual track on in the background isn't the clean version so there's a weird dual-voice thing going on. Wonder how Kinect will handle those backflips in-game.
- OH HEY DON TIME FOR YOU TO FOLLOW USHER can you do it nope okay
- Basically saying "We want to control every screen in your house."
- Crowd goes mental for Blops2 gameplay demo. First person action sequences now seem really manufactured. Really hope this trend won't detract from Half Life 3.
HunteRS
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 06:11 PM

Power is all that is needed.

Member No.: 716

Microsoft in a nutshell

What a load of wank.

Halo-yeah good I suppose but nowt I haven't seen.
Resi 6- eh. It's not Resi to me. But game looks fun.
South park-Stand out. It's multiplat but Trey and Matt ripping the piss out of Microsoft...brilliant.

And a ton of features us Brit-peasants won't get due to licensing Or some other retarded excuse.
A 2/10 for me
Lothar Hex
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 08:07 PM

Illogical

Group: Inquisitor Lord
Member No.: 3

So Halo 4 footage, and Gears of War Judgement. That's the only things I gave a shit about. 1 Because yay Master Chief, the other because HOLY FUCKING SHIT I GET TO PLAY AS BAIRD? YAY!

Didn't stick around for anything else and seems like I didn't miss much.
Dakatsu
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 08:57 PM

FLYING PRESS

Member No.: 1,282

Pix... you're blowing some of that stuff way out of proportion. I'm looking forward to RE6, if have the money by then... I still have yet to play a number of games that are out right now.
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 09:06 PM

Being responsible

QUOTE (Dakatsu @ Jun 4 2012, 09:57 PM)
Pix... you're blowing some of that stuff way out of proportion. I'm looking forward to RE6, if have the money by then... I still have yet to play a number of games that are out right now.

Yep, but hyperbole in the face of this kind of thing is the fun option. The most enjoyable thing about E3 is taking the piss while it all unfolds.
HunteRS
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 09:13 PM

EA- like a Power thirst ad only less relevant.

Oh wait they did have 1 other thing-a sinking MMO.
Feldoon
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 10:07 PM

DYEL

Member No.: 336

QUOTE (Pixellated @ Jun 4 2012, 05:28 PM)
- Nike Fuel support with Kinect. "If you have a body, you're an athlete". Really just another fitness game which can also whinge at you down your Windows Phone or Nike Fuel bracelet if you didn't work out much

Fuck yeah I want one.

Oh wait no it sounds like Fitocracy except about three times as spacktarded.
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 11:22 PM

Being responsible

Lothar Hex
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 08:11 AM

Illogical

Group: Inquisitor Lord
Member No.: 3

...Holy shit it's a Ubisoft product I actually want to play? I am confused.
lirlond
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 11:47 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Member No.: 324

Pixellated
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 12:05 PM

Being responsible

QUOTE (lirlond @ Jun 5 2012, 12:47 PM)
Last of Us looks like it could be pretty cool. Hopefully it's less scripted than it looks.

That gameplay demo wasn't prefaced with anything in the conference, so I watched the entire thing thinking it was the next Uncharted game. Don't blame me.

Here, have some Star Wars: 1313 gameplay. There's a few bits intercut with interview. Looks very nice, but is it just going to play like Third Person Cover Shooter #6739?
lirlond
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 01:07 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pixellated
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 01:37 PM

Being responsible

Sabre_Justice
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 03:57 PM

Ask me about very angry cats

Member No.: 1,491

Rabbids Land might hopefully be the Rollercoaster Tycoon remake I'm waiting for.

Wii U news looks promising- the social focus seems to indicate Nintendo has decided parents can just learn to use the damn parental controls, rather than crippling their online systems to near-unusability for the sake of the children.
Twib
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 05:11 PM

I want to be the keeper of the Reaper

Group: Nicest people on the forum
Member No.: 852

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEup8y0g-Q

Quantic Dreams is returning to the supernatural angle with their spiritual successor to Heavy Rain.

I enjoyed HR so I am looking forward to this
HunteRS
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 05:14 PM

Well, I've yet to see the Sony conference (bloody work) but so far I'll say UBI won it.

After that Mr Caffeine Conjurer last year, colour me shocked.
lirlond
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 05:35 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You let me down Nintendo. You let me down.
Kyubi
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 05:40 PM

Troll of the Pokemon World

Member No.: 1,064

Nintendo definitely could have shown off the Wii U better, but since they still have more to show for the 3DS tomorrow, I'm not counting Nintendo out yet.
Retrogamer!
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 07:08 PM

IT'S HERESY

Member No.: 53

Ubi won by an unbelievable margin. They had a great solid conference while every other one was just utter rubbish.

The only other vaguely interesting things wereHalo 4, Beyond and Last of Us.

In other news, I loved Ubi's response to the very genuine "Will AC3 be anything but AMERICA FUCK YEAH?" To go "Um....watch this trailer about more redcoats dying, yay!"

I find it almost pathetic that they've changed the assassins iconography to white and blue instead of white and red to avoid that connotation.

BUT. Despite my niggles in that insane and irking canon rape, the actual gameplay looks solid and fluid. Chuck in the ships and it's a real step up from Revalations. Back on the fence, so to speak.

This post has been edited by Retrogamer! on Jun 5 2012, 07:09 PM
Pixellated
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 07:28 PM

Being responsible

At least I don't have that dilemma of whether to save for a Wii U or not, now.
« Next Oldest | The Arena | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0729 seconds | Archive